The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How did you find your way to THE FASTLANE TO MILLIONS?

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
As for me it actually happened completely out of nowhere. I remember I was looking through my favorite German forum (not even business related) and someone just posted a link to this board - I don't know who it was since he or she was a guest... and 2 minutes after I had clicked the link the thread got deleted by the administrator!

I still don't know who has posted the link or why - but those are the moments that feel like god wants to give my life a special direction...

What about you? How did you find your way to THE FASTLANE TO MILLIONS?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wasn't me! I don't speak German -- heck, I've never been on your side of the Atlantic. ;)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I think I was among the first few to sign up at the inception. I was very tired of the last community that I was part of since the early 2000's. It had been taken over by spammers and whackos.

MJ said something along the lines of "maybe I should start a forum now". I don't recall the exact words but a few days later, I jumped over.

Nathan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 18, 2008
Denver, CO
I actually googled "millionaire forum" and others like that. It was the first to come up. I figured, find people who ARE successful and do what they do, be like them, think like them, act like them, speak like them, etc. There's so many smart people on here, I don't think you can go wrong.

I gotta be honest, when I first hit the site, I was like man, not another get rich quick scheme. Then I read MJ's story and all his other article's and I realized what the site was about. Spot on where I wanted to be. Don't care about the money, it's the mentality I wanted. SUCCESS and the ability to work for yourself, on your time.

Nathan

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I actually googled "millionaire forum" and others like that. It was the first to come up. I figured, find people who ARE successful and do what they do, be like them, think like them, act like them, speak like them, etc. There's so many smart people on here, I don't think you can go wrong.

I gotta be honest, when I first hit the site, I was like man, not another get rich quick scheme. Then I read MJ's story and all his other article's and I realized what the site was about. Spot on where I wanted to be. Don't care about the money, it's the mentality I wanted. SUCCESS and the ability to work for yourself, on your time.

Nathan

Interestingly enough, i have some to see that that is what many people see it as esp which the way it is titled. They thing we are all MLM, spam, worthless get-rich-quickers. Oh well!

I think as many of the other car guys found it through a thread L/P on business forums. I think now it's in his signature as well.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I figured, find people who ARE successful and do what they do, be like them, think like them, act like them, speak like them, etc. There's so many smart people on here, I don't think you can go wrong.

:iagree:

I found the forums through LamboPower, which I was notified about from sprite(who just registered here and I'm already looking forward to what he has to say :coolgleamA:) after I immaturely flamed him on the sportbike forums and after apologizing found out that the Lambo community is full of great people including Matt(Redshft) who recommended TFTM to me and here I am :banana:

Now if only the people I refer to this site would get off their butt and post up :smxB:

JLaw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 3, 2008
Bay Area | Hong Kong
This is actually my second forum ever. The first forum I was part of was Niketalk, that was a good four/five years ago during the typical high school years. I quit once I realized it was going to lead me nowhere in life. Thinking back, niketalk only gave me short term utility satisfaction (econ term haha). I wished I was thinking about entrepreneurship back then rather than shoes.

Anyways, I think I'll have to thank my two good friends rzach41 and czach41 from high school (yes they are twins). They suggested this website to me earlier in the year, and now I am officially hooked!

If I was given only one site of choice for the rest of my life, it would be fastlane, no joke. Cheers!

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I found it through HomeTheaterGuy (Aka Russ H.) on the RDPD forums. I was browsing there looking for some stories and was linked here. After reading a few posts I was more then happy to get started with the almost brand new forum. Less then 4 weeks old at that point. Although, if it wasn't for the free beer, I might not have stayed. :cheers:

GettingThere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 3, 2007
Central Florida
I happened upon it through lambopower. Not that I own a lambo, but I joined that site as well as other high-end car forums because A) Cars are part of my "heaven", and B) I wanted to know HOW the owners were able to purchase such luxuries.

I knew there had to be a better explanation than "lottery winner", daddy's trust fund, good lawyer or doctor, or CEO...There are too many millionaires for those descriptions to encompass the majority, so I wanted direct exposure.

Thanks again, MJ, for making your personal experiences available to everyone and starting this community! I feel like the blinders were removed the first time I visited the Fastlane.

-John

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
I was on the RD forum after reading the RK's books, trying to find someone to help me with an eCashflow technical problem. Somehow that convo turned into real estate and someone (BFLBob maybe?) telling me about about this guy SteveO over on this other site that I should check out (the site, not SteveO!!). He gave me the link. And the rest, as they say, is history. I've never been back.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I used to peruse the RD Forums, but never really posted. I got very lucky and came upon this site. I think I was the 7th or 8th member here, and it was the luckiest find of my life!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
yup. same here.... tired of the worthless posts in the RDPD forum. I was part of the long discussion about how the place was ruined and we needed something else. Then, somebody decided it was time to stop whining and do something about it. This place was created and then we all came here.

Been back to that forum a few times, but rarely find anything of interest for me.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Someone was nice enough to invite me over here from the RD forums. Now I'm done with that forum, I find it very frustrating which I think comes out in my posts.

20art

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Sep 23, 2008
San Bernardino, CA
I never even knew what a forum was, I was probably just searching around millionaire related things, I don't think I was looking at real estate subjects.
It was there so I clicked and saw that it was something free where I can read about subjects I'm interested in.
Glad that happened.:groove:

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
I was browsing through the RD forum's version of legendary threads and found a post by either SteveO or BFLBOB and a link to here was in the signature.

I'm very glad I found this and I haven't looked back at the RD forums since.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Timing for me was perfect. I had been on the RD forums for years, and had gotten to the point where I found myself wrapped up in arguments over conspiracy theories or in banal conversation. I had finally come to the decision that I was just wasting time, as none of the conversation were enjoyable, and I am spent most my time reading the classic threads. The day I decided to jump ship, I caught myself saying out loud, "where did all the original members go?" Not more than 30 seconds later, I stumbled across a sig link that it said something along the lines of, "Want to know where all the original members are now posting? FastlanetoMillions.com" (Think it was from Russ or SteveO.)

So here I am. I've caught myself going back to RD a couple of times to see what's up, and each time I have ended by PMing about 4 people that are posting quality, but obviously drowning in BS, and giving them a personal invite here. :tiphat:

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
I was invited by Yves. :)

Never been part of a forum, but when you see real quality, you know it!
Thanks, MJ for creating a great place to come to and TY to all the quality posters, everyone who helps maintain this awesome community and especially all the new friends that I now have.

Charmed Angel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 27, 2007
Tucson & Pittsburgh
The day I decided to jump ship, I caught myself saying out loud, "where did all the original members go?" Not more than 30 seconds later, I stumbled across a sig link that it said something along the lines of, "Want to know where all the original members are now posting? FastlanetoMillions.com" (Think it was from Russ or SteveO.)

I love it when this happens!!!

I kinda stopped going to RD for a couple of months, then I got an email form Bob about this site.

Thank you MJ for creating this!!:thankyousign:

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I came over from the RichDad forums in August 2007, the forum had not been up for that long but the quality of the posts was great!

Sue

chrisluge17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 13, 2009
Hillsboro, OR
I was looking up millionaires and how to make money via Wikihow. :)

I got a link here and I started reading about the Fastlane story. Dang it, if he can do it, I can too. He went out on a wing and a prayer and when the pressure was on, he pulled a clutch move and made stuff happen. That's what I want to do: Start my own business and be my own boss, provide the kind of environment that people want to work in, and have the kind of service and products that people want.

Now...to come up with a product that I want to market...That's been my stumble block; Where do I start? What do I sell? Those are the questions I'm going to solve and work on the next 2 months.

It's a pleasure to be on this site and to start this year off right.

FreeYourMind

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 19, 2008
Like others, I found my way over from the RichDad forums. In my opinion, the quality of information provided here is much better and there is a better sense of community here.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
yup. same here.... tired of the worthless posts in the RDPD forum. I was part of the long discussion about how the place was ruined and we needed something else. Then, somebody decided it was time to stop whining and do something about it. This place was created and then we all came here.

Been back to that forum a few times, but rarely find anything of interest for me.

Andviv rescued me fromthe RD forum. I asked for help and got spammed by eight different people. andviv suggested I come over here. I peeked back in to RD forums a couple of times looking to see if anyone answered my questions.

No one did except one other guy there who is here too. Cant remember if it was BFLbob or russ or someone else. I think it was someone else.

Thanks andviv. Not this year but next year for sure we are crashing beers together at B&P

werbl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
May 3, 2008
Racine, WI
Like a lot of the others, I used to check out the Rich Dad forums every once in a while. I happened upon a post that said something like, "What happened to so and so?" Someone answered, "He went over to The Fastlane," with a link. So I checked it out. I found the questions and responses here to be much better and I haven't been back to the RD forums since.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I was reading RD forums and MJ's story. I was one of the first members and not much content was available at first. One of the best decisions of my life!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.