The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How did MJ create his limo website?

Anything related to matters of the mind

abhinav_7a

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 28, 2023
I also wanna create a website but am facing difficulty in how to start.
I already watched youtube videos (14 hours long) and still none of them gave me the right idea on how to get started and edit my website

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ssafwann

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
May 29, 2023
Your best bet is first to follow a youtube tutorial that teaches you the basics of HTML, CSS, and Javascript. And to be honest, that is all you need to create a website. Remember that don't only consume the content, but also apply it. So, don't just follow tutorials, but try to make some designs yourself. I recommend you check out the Frontend Mentor website.

mnsh

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
May 1, 2023

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 21, 2016
Passively watching videos is not how you learn coding or web development. You have to write code yourself and build something from scratch.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
570%
Apr 17, 2022

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Go to a hosting site
Bluehost
Wpengine
Godaddy

Buy a site and hosting plan (Wordpress)

Go to elegant themes and buy divi

Download and install into site

Find a divi template you like

Make a page and name it

Install the template

Set it as your homepage

Tweak content to fit your business. It’s a front end editor, it’s so damn easy.

Add a logo. Make one on a cheap app on your phone and email the png file to yourself

You can add in commerce stuff if you sell stuff. If you are doing Ecom you just make a Shopify site, takes no time and you skip all the above steps basically.

It’s literally so easy.

I can whip up an entire company with branding, content, site, etc, in just a couple hours and make it look like an established professional company. Can set up the pro phone system with a phone tree, recorded messages from a fiverr voice actor, and start advertising all in a day or two max.

These are the basics man.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
If you can’t figure something as simple as this out then you’re not gonna make it in business.

Ask ChatGPT for a simple step-by-step guide and execute.

Business is all about troubleshooting problems. You can’t come crying to the forum whenever you get stuck

PaulMarin

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Mar 2, 2017
Costar Rica
There are a couple of ways to go about it. Plain HTML website or a CMS (Content Management System) Wordpress being the most popular and stable.

As recommended above, just go to Godaddy, Hostgator or any other company and register your domain name + Hosting.
Those packages offer every type of website you need. With databases or without them.

If you know nothing about coding a website, you may find amazing workers on websites like Fiverr.com, Upwork and so on. Just check the reviews. If you navigate a bit, you may also find great prices for that service.

If you want to learn, go to websites like Udemy, Domestika, Teachable just to mention a few.

Djo

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Oct 31, 2022
Go to a hosting site
Bluehost
Wpengine
Godaddy

Buy a site and hosting plan (Wordpress)

Go to elegant themes and buy divi

Download and install into site

Find a divi template you like

Make a page and name it

Install the template

Set it as your homepage

Tweak content to fit your business. It’s a front end editor, it’s so damn easy.

Add a logo. Make one on a cheap app on your phone and email the png file to yourself

You can add in commerce stuff if you sell stuff. If you are doing Ecom you just make a Shopify site, takes no time and you skip all the above steps basically.

It’s literally so easy.

I can whip up an entire company with branding, content, site, etc, in just a couple hours and make it look like an established professional company. Can set up the pro phone system with a phone tree, recorded messages from a fiverr voice actor, and start advertising all in a day or two max.

These are the basics man.
Can you recommend a cheap or better free logo maker ? I've been looking for one the couple last days and most of them are for 70$ which I cant afford rn.

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
Can you recommend a cheap or better free logo maker ? I've been looking for one the couple last days and most of them are for 70$ which I cant afford rn.
Canva is fantastic and free

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
You can make a website with AI these days. Free logos on Canva. You can ask Chat GPT to write your content and optimise your website for SEO

TeeJay_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 4, 2023
Try using the website "logoai", it will create a list of logos for you (free version will keep the logos in small resolution but it could be enough for your needs. They do look a bit "generic" but...out of 40-50 creations it generates, I'm sure you will find one or two that look good.

Djo

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Oct 31, 2022
Try using the website "logoai", it will create a list of logos for you (free version will keep the logos in small resolution but it could be enough for your needs. They do look a bit "generic" but...out of 40-50 creations it generates, I'm sure you will find one or two that look good.
I checked it and I guess the free version no longer exists. Thank you anyways !

Chilly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 10, 2023
I also wanna create a website but am facing difficulty in how to start.
I already watched youtube videos (14 hours long) and still none of them gave me the right idea on how to get started and edit my website
Hi there. I recommend that you first learn JS, HTML and CSS. From there, when you got it, find a framework to work with, I personally like ReactJS for frontend and NestJS for backend (API). For database you can use MySQL or MongoDB. You can lookup MERN stack on Youtube, which refers to MongoDB, ExpressJS, ReacJS and NestJS. Most popular and kinda your best friend, because you can get a lot of support on web. Also, use a lot of ChatGPT, that can generate you code and its VERY useful in situatians, where you dont know how to explain the problem.

Cheers mate

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jan 5, 2023
France
Building a website from scratch with coding is not necessarly the best option.

Even with website builders like Divi or Elementor to facilitate the design creation (and those tools are still complex to fully master), you will have to manage hosting, updates, security, etc on your own.

Unless you outsource it, this could be time-consuming for a low ROI.

If you're "just" looking for a simple website (a single landing page or a 4-5 pages site), you could simplify the process a lot by using tools like Framer or Typedream. It's easier to use and they take care of everything incl. hosting, updates, etc.

You can even go for Ecommerce by embedding checkout services like Gumroad, LemonSqueezy or Podia (or use directly those tools if you sell through social medias for example, no more website needed).

For more complex websites with many features, you will indeed need to go with coding. But I'm convinced most people try to do on WordPress what they can do 10x better/faster on new tools. This results in less time to focus on getting leads.

TL;DR: there is no perfect answer to this question.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
He's probably a kid. Cut him some slack.

@abhinav_7a there are many ways people have suggested you to learn how to build a website.

Here's how I built a website (for no cost)
Got hosting and subdomain from 000webhost (search them on google) for free and installed wordpress on it.

Watched a wordpress tutorial to pick a theme I like, change the text of the front end, and boom! I had built a website (even though I didn't know how to navigate it)

Hope this helps. You do this process 100 times each time improving your skills, you'll become a web developer.

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 23, 2023
Good idea. You can then start selling websites to high-paying customers and invest that money into a business with an even bigger adherence to CENTS.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
If you just need a sales page to sell a product, a Google docs might be all you need.

Write your sales letter on there, set to read-only, and have the CTA link bring interested buyers to your order form.

Used to be quite craze ever since Ian Stanley ran a course on writing Google Docs sales pages, and multiple gurus on my list also adopted it. They would share their Docs to their email lists to get the traffic moving in.

TeeJay_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 4, 2023
If you just need a sales page to sell a product, a Google docs might be all you need.

Write your sales letter on there, set to read-only, and have the CTA link bring interested buyers to your order form.

Used to be quite craze ever since Ian Stanley ran a course on writing Google Docs sales pages, and multiple gurus on my list also adopted it. They would share their Docs to their email lists to get the traffic moving in.
Do you have an example or some sort of template available online please? Just to make sure I fully understand the type of content in such document. TY.

SnowLava

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 7, 2023
India

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Do you have an example or some sort of template available online please? Just to make sure I fully understand the type of content in such document. TY.
Like I said, these are simply sales letters on Google Docs, so they could be taken down anytime if offer ends or something.
But hammering something quickly out on free medium like Docs is pretty convenient, especially when you are just getting started.

This is the original Docs sales page teaching the concept itself, and as you can see, you can just hyperlink other sales pages to segment your customer's profile/major pain (eg. if they are a freelancer, agency owner, senior marketer, etc)

This is one by Derek Johanson, promoting an email copy course.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.