The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hours of sleep?

Jamillah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 23, 2012
CO
I usually get around 5.5-7 hours. More on the lower side lately, but I hate sleeping more than 7 hours a day. It makes me feel unmotivated, and I notice that I don't get as much accomplished. If I feel tired I have a LARGE espresso (I'm a coffee addict, so that helps keep me going :coffee:). It might just be me, but I also think that I get better sleep when I'm REALLY tired, compared to when I'm not very tired, and I just decide to go to sleep.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
On some days, I can operate with around 6 hours of sleep. But most days, I need around 10-12 hours. I try to wake up before then but I wake up dizzy and in pain, so it's really hard to wake up. I just woke up now and my back hurts.

When I was exercising, the problem was even worse. 12 hours was standard.

I get things done when I wake up early, but my body doesn't like going to bed before midnight. On the days when it does, it'll sleep until 10 or 11.

I keep reading and hearing that it's simply lack of motivation but that doesn't explain why I wake up dizzy and in pain.

Layna

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Sep 29, 2012
I wish you all the best but i am sure that there is sometng better another for your body for stress. in my place i would not take ;gaba;
poor liver..

What's wrong with GABA? I thought it was safe since the body naturally produces it.

Melatonin on the other hand is not something to take all the time, because it's a hormone. Or so I've been told :)

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
I usually get around 5-7hrs of sleep. I don't know I find it hard and my body won't let me fall asleep before midnight. Sometimes I wake up tired other times I wake up fit, An early morning shower and a tall glass of water gets me energized to tackle the day

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Hambone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 29, 2012
On some days, I can operate with around 6 hours of sleep. But most days, I need around 10-12 hours. I try to wake up before then but I wake up dizzy and in pain, so it's really hard to wake up. I just woke up now and my back hurts.

When I was exercising, the problem was even worse. 12 hours was standard.

I get things done when I wake up early, but my body doesn't like going to bed before midnight. On the days when it does, it'll sleep until 10 or 11.

I keep reading and hearing that it's simply lack of motivation but that doesn't explain why I wake up dizzy and in pain.

Have you tried getting blood work done to see if all your panels are in line?

I had a similar issue of waking up sore and in pain, as well as needing what seemed like a lot of sleep. After struggling with it for years, I got blood work done and found out my testosterone levels were in the floor. Normal range is 350-1200, and mine was 69! Things have been radically better now that I have my levels in line.

Just a thought.
- James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Have you tried getting blood work done to see if all your panels are in line?

I had a similar issue of waking up sore and in pain, as well as needing what seemed like a lot of sleep. After struggling with it for years, I got blood work done and found out my testosterone levels were in the floor. Normal range is 350-1200, and mine was 69! Things have been radically better now that I have my levels in line.

Just a thought.
- James

That would make a ton of sense, actually. I haven't had exercise in god knows how long. But even so, when I exercise I need a TON of sleep! Lifting supposedly increase testosterone, but with lifting you need lots of rest.

I'll try sprinting once a day with 30 minutes of lifting 3 days a week.

I also don't eat a lot of meat on account of it being very expensive (I budget myself to $50/week for food, trying to allocate all possible funds to my Fastlane).

Hambone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 29, 2012
That would make a ton of sense, actually. I haven't had exercise in god knows how long. But even so, when I exercise I need a TON of sleep! Lifting supposedly increase testosterone, but with lifting you need lots of rest.

I'll try sprinting once a day with 30 minutes of lifting 3 days a week.

I also don't eat a lot of meat on account of it being very expensive (I budget myself to $50/week for food, trying to allocate all possible funds to my Fastlane).

Exercise and diet can give a minor boost to your testosterone levels, however if your levels are below normal, it won't help you and your situation. In fact, exercise and lifting with abnormally low testosterone levels will leave you vulnerable to injury and even greater fatigue(speaking from experience).

If you get blood work done, it will at least let you know where you stand.

Typically the only remedy is testosterone replacement therapy, either through a topical testosterone gel/cream or weekly injections.

The blood test is simple and inexpensive, and it may contain an explanation for your fatigue. If you're sore and fatigued when you wake up, and it's not from working out, there is a good chance you have an issue.

Hope this helps.
- James

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
"I’ve always figured out that there 24 hours a day. You sleep six hours and have 18 hours left. Now, I know there are some of you out there that say well, wait a minute, I sleep eight hours or nine hours. Well, then, just sleep faster, I would recommend." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Right now I'm in bed about 10 hours a day. But, I wake so many times a night I don't get nearly as much sleep (being 8 months pregnant and having a toddler is not sleep conducive, haha). Before my first was born, I averaged 6 hours. I'm hoping to return to 6 good hours of sleep sometime within the next couple years. Till then, I'll just sleep when I can. :p

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.