The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

hoping for the best, expecting the worse

prosol101

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 5, 2019
Stanford, Ca
Hello,

A year ago I started a business with some friends and it collapsed into failure. A year later, I am working on a new idea with the vision of making it a success- hoping for the best, expecting the worse.

I joined the forum to gain more insight and hopefully some feedback.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sprocket

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 7, 2018
UK
Hi there! Why do you expect the worst? What part of your business don’t you feel confident about? I’m no expert myself but failure is all a part of the path in this game... don’t let your expectation become a self fulfilling prophecy...

Lee H

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Aug 8, 2018
What's your business idea? What feedback are you looking for?

Starting a business is always exciting and nerve racking. I think it's important to have confidence in yourself and your product/service - without that I think failure is guaranteed. But I also think it's important to validate your idea as early as you can, either directly with your potential customers, or by looking at whether there are other successful businesses serving your target market.

prosol101

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 5, 2019
Stanford, Ca
Hi there! Why do you expect the worst? What part of your business don’t you feel confident about? I’m no expert myself but failure is all a part of the path in this game... don’t let your expectation become a self fulfilling prophecy...

It means being simultaneously optimistic and pessimistic. I know it sounds rather negative but it creates a balance. My business project is a web business and I don't have the best tech proficiency.

prosol101

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 5, 2019
Stanford, Ca
What's your business idea? What feedback are you looking for?

Starting a business is always exciting and nerve racking. I think it's important to have confidence in yourself and your product/service - without that I think failure is guaranteed. But I also think it's important to validate your idea as early as you can, either directly with your potential customers, or by looking at whether there are other successful businesses serving your target market.
Thanks for the advice. That's the part I am currently working on. I've some good feedback and I am working on an MVP. Here is my post on the feedback sub-forum, check it out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...