The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO hoping for the best, expecting the worse

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

prosol101

New Contributor
Mar 5, 2019
Stanford, Ca
Hello,

A year ago I started a business with some friends and it collapsed into failure. A year later, I am working on a new idea with the vision of making it a success- hoping for the best, expecting the worse.

I joined the forum to gain more insight and hopefully some feedback.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sprocket

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 7, 2018
UK
Hi there! Why do you expect the worst? What part of your business don’t you feel confident about? I’m no expert myself but failure is all a part of the path in this game... don’t let your expectation become a self fulfilling prophecy...

Lee H

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 8, 2018
What's your business idea? What feedback are you looking for?

Starting a business is always exciting and nerve racking. I think it's important to have confidence in yourself and your product/service - without that I think failure is guaranteed. But I also think it's important to validate your idea as early as you can, either directly with your potential customers, or by looking at whether there are other successful businesses serving your target market.

OP
OP
P

prosol101

New Contributor
Mar 5, 2019
Stanford, Ca
Hi there! Why do you expect the worst? What part of your business don’t you feel confident about? I’m no expert myself but failure is all a part of the path in this game... don’t let your expectation become a self fulfilling prophecy...
It means being simultaneously optimistic and pessimistic. I know it sounds rather negative but it creates a balance. My business project is a web business and I don't have the best tech proficiency.

OP
OP
P

prosol101

New Contributor
Mar 5, 2019
Stanford, Ca
What's your business idea? What feedback are you looking for?

Starting a business is always exciting and nerve racking. I think it's important to have confidence in yourself and your product/service - without that I think failure is guaranteed. But I also think it's important to validate your idea as early as you can, either directly with your potential customers, or by looking at whether there are other successful businesses serving your target market.
Thanks for the advice. That's the part I am currently working on. I've some good feedback and I am working on an MVP. Here is my post on the feedback sub-forum, check it out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Top Bottom