The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Honestly, lost

Anything related to matters of the mind

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
How do you write threads?

So, I've been studying wealth and making money for somewhere around 8 months now. started my social media marketing agency around 5 months ago and having been learning everyday the past months, I feel like this just isn't going to work out. Of course i wont quit but Im still not sure.
I'm from iran, and iran has its limitations. I've been doing alot of outreach and everytime i got on to a call and mentioned "yeah the only way i can receice money is crypto" they just said no. I'm kinda just lost because even making 100$ a month is a LOT here but i really just dont know what to do about it. Do i just trade crypto? freelance? (even if i do freelance, how do i receive the money?) You may say well just work for local businesses. The issue is that it's really not worth it. I work full time for a high paying local client and at max i'll just be earning 500$ when that 500 can be 2k+ in USD and i could be working less. see the difference? I've been studying social media management and copywriting (I also offer short-form content creation but you really don't need to study that) and have been trying to sell them, presenting myself as a person instead of an agency.

It's really draining when you put your ENTIRE day into improving but it feels like nothing works, or when you cant rest properly due to you thinking about it. I'm just not sure what I should do from here. I hope this thread isn't just spam on this forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Find a foreign partner willing to accept client payments and then transfer you crypto. Give them a percentage for the trouble.

Also, do not mention to clients that you are in Iran. It's probably not legal for them to work with you or pay you directly.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I'm from iran, and iran has its limitations. I've been doing alot of outreach and everytime i got on to a call and mentioned "yeah the only way i can receice money is crypto" they just said no.
It does not sound like a problem too difficult to solve.

You just need a middleman, who has no issue to receive money from your client.

The middleman pays you in crypto.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
The guys above have given sound suggestions, here's what you should do after you get money.

Get out of Iran.

You'll be perplexed by the world and the opportunities that await you. You will taste the relative freedom that comes with it. I would do the same if I were you.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
How do you write threads?

So, I've been studying wealth and making money for somewhere around 8 months now. started my social media marketing agency around 5 months ago and having been learning everyday the past months, I feel like this just isn't going to work out. Of course i wont quit but Im still not sure.
I'm from iran, and iran has its limitations. I've been doing alot of outreach and everytime i got on to a call and mentioned "yeah the only way i can receice money is crypto" they just said no. I'm kinda just lost because even making 100$ a month is a LOT here but i really just dont know what to do about it. Do i just trade crypto? freelance? (even if i do freelance, how do i receive the money?) You may say well just work for local businesses. The issue is that it's really not worth it. I work full time for a high paying local client and at max i'll just be earning 500$ when that 500 can be 2k+ in USD and i could be working less. see the difference? I've been studying social media management and copywriting (I also offer short-form content creation but you really don't need to study that) and have been trying to sell them, presenting myself as a person instead of an agency.

It's really draining when you put your ENTIRE day into improving but it feels like nothing works, or when you cant rest properly due to you thinking about it. I'm just not sure what I should do from here. I hope this thread isn't just spam on this forum.
Hello! I would like to help You!

Do You have the possibility of moving out from Your country eventually?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
It's really draining when you put your ENTIRE day into improving but it feels like nothing works
An acorn gets buried. It spends its entire day working to improve, to break free and at the end of the day it looks like it has nothing to show for it. No one on the surface will even notice its efforts for many many more days.

But in time, if the acorn doesn't give up, it can become the tallest oak with deep, deep roots.

You are building your roots. Keep going. Keep growing.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
If your biggest obstacle right now is finding ways to get foreign client money in your hand suggest using your int'l contacts and if you dont have any start to build some.

Ideally you'll use a citizen of Iran residing in another nation. Have them be your bank. Needless to say make it someone you can trust.

An acorn gets buried. It spends its entire day working to improve, to break free and at the end of the day it looks like it has nothing to show for it. No one on the surface will even notice its efforts for many many more days.

But in time, if the acorn doesn't give up, it can become the tallest oak with deep, deep roots.

Also this

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
It does not sound like a problem too difficult to solve.

You just need a middleman, who has no issue to receive money from your client.

The middleman pays you in crypto.

Honestly I've been thinking about doing this but i'm not sure who i would have do that. It's hard to trust people nowadays but i still may be able to find someone who my parents may know etc etc.
I guess this is what i'll try to do
Get out of Iran.

You'll be perplexed by the world and the opportunities that await you. You will taste the relative freedom that comes with it. I would do the same if I were you.
that's my goal man, the reason im trying so hard is so i hopefully make decent money and literally just RUN out of here. Honestly it feels like im being wasted here. I've studied cyber sec for years, I know more about IT than every person in my school and i go to the best IT school in iran (atleast, that's what its known for), I read while im waiting outside waiting instead of scrolling social media, and a lot more. But you know what happens every time i go to school? "why is your hair still long?", "why are you wearing that x y z" This is what they care about. Not who i am. It pains me

Honestly man, this opened my eyes. I've been thinking of nothing but becoming a person that is, i dont know the right word, perfect? the best? idk. i just want greatness. i cant stop thinking about it. thank you so much

Thank you guys for the replies. Means alot to me

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
Also, do not mention to clients that you are in Iran. It's probably not legal for them to work with you or pay you directly.
This is true, A lot of people cant work with iranians due to sanctions. Though i'm lucky since i have a really good english accent (i do not sound iranian at all) and can speak it fluently so unless people ask me where im from, Ig i'll be fine

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
i just want greatness.
Greatness usually involves the respect or adulation of others.

If you build your life around needing affirmation from others you are building your life on a shaky foundation. That is a building that will crumble.

Instead, make sure you know what greatness means to you. So if or when your parents, your friends, or even the public tries to turn against you, you are still centered in your purpose, your mission, your direction. Keep reaching for the skies and keep growing up.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan

This is the best analogy on TFLF this year. I can strongly relate to this. I want to skip the "building my roots" part and go straight to climbing the skies but at the same time I may not be equipped with skills, traits and beliefs that would sustain me in climbing the skies.

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
Greatness usually involves the respect or adulation of others.

If you build your life around needing affirmation from others you are building your life on a shaky foundation. That is a building that will crumble.

Instead, make sure you know what greatness means to you. So if or when your parents, your friends, or even the public tries to turn against you, you are still centered in your purpose, your mission, your direction. Keep reaching for the skies and keep growing up.
I love the way you write man. seriously.

Im not sure what the word is, the word i want to become? I guess i just want to be in my absolute best form. My absolute best self. im fortunate enough to have parents who are pushing me forward and honestly I never felt alone even though I never really had friends who'd push me. I've always loved my own company and i never really feel alone.

Hello! I would like to help You!

Do You have the possibility of moving out from Your country eventually?
Not anytime soon, I'm sure i have to wait untill i'm like 19-20 when i finally get my diploma (I'm in 11th grade, i'll get my diploma after i finish 12th) That's when i can apply and stuff.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I love the way you write man. seriously.

Im not sure what the word is, the word i want to become? I guess i just want to be in my absolute best form. My absolute best self. im fortunate enough to have parents who are pushing me forward and honestly I never felt alone even though I never really had friends who'd push me. I've always loved my own company and i never really feel alone.

Not anytime soon, I'm sure i have to wait untill i'm like 19-20 when i finally get my diploma (I'm in 11th grade, i'll get my diploma after i finish 12th) That's when i can apply and stuff.
Getting out of Iran without a degree won't be easy. One of my cousins did a diploma in civil engineering. I remember him struggling a lot to get into China.

That's one of the reasons why I don't have plans of getting out of Pakistan till I get a 4-year degree. Better be safe than sorry in this case.

Do your own research on this, please.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
That's when i can apply and stuff.
Stuff what? You don't have a clue as far as I see.

Explore student visa programs, and explore the criteria. Go to embassies. Ask all you want there.

The embassy might not approve you for a visa if you haven't done bachelor's and are planning on going outside on a diploma.

Unless you got money backing you up, diploma doesn't look like a good choice to me at this point.

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
Stuff what? You don't have a clue as far as I see.

Explore student visa programs, and explore the criteria. Go to embassies. Ask all you want there.

The embassy might not approve you for a visa if you haven't done bachelor's and are planning on going outside on a diploma.

Unless you got money backing you up, diploma doesn't look like a good choice to me at this point.
Yeah, I dont know much.
The reason i have to wait till my diploma is so that i can apply for colleges based on what im good at (which is cyber security, i'm pretty good for my age and know 10x more than others my age, 17) and that'll cover the money aswell as some colleges dont need you to pay money (i dont know what its called but they basically cover it all).

That's my biggest bet as im unable to emigrate by money. Our currency is worthless

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
and oh, another update.

Gotta drop my marketing agency.
The internet connection is so limited by this f*cking goverment that i cant even open instagram, nor use any vpn's. Cant even get on sales calls.

When will this end

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
I guess i'll write updates here, since it actually feels nice sharing stuff.

I'm probably going to stop working on my agency/business and shift towards crypto because that's probably the best way i'll be able to make money. I can always study businesses (such as reading demarco's books etc) and start one once i have the opportunity which is probably when i get out of this country. My goal is to make a million dollars and i dont care how long it takes, i'll keep trying. This forum has helped me a lot so far so i'll just post updates and try my best to add value

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012
Entrepreneurial opportunities differ by country, culture and the size of the population. What is popular in the US might not be a particularly good idea in Iran. You want to do social media marketing, I don't really see what specific problem you are solving. And why should people outside of Iran hire you, everybody and their grandma want to do social media marketing. There are probably tons of problems in Iran which you could solve, many of them won't even require the internet. I know someone who has a janitorial business with a couple of employees, he bought his 10th home which he rents out. You have probably people in your hometown who are 10x richer than you but they're doing boring stuff instead of talking to some clients overseas in English and getting paid in cryptos.

nnogalaxy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 23, 2022
Entrepreneurial opportunities differ by country, culture and the size of the population. What is popular in the US might not be a particularly good idea in Iran. You want to do social media marketing, I don't really see what specific problem you are solving. And why should people outside of Iran hire you, everybody and their grandma want to do social media marketing. There are probably tons of problems in Iran which you could solve, many of them won't even require the internet. I know someone who has a janitorial business with a couple of employees, he bought his 10th home which he rents out. You have probably people in your hometown who are 10x richer than you but they're doing boring stuff instead of talking to some clients overseas in English and getting paid in cryptos.
very fair point, you're right

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.