The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Holy $H!T, I'm launching my new kickstarter project tomorrow!

df1992

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
May 26, 2020
London
Everything about this is awesome.

Congrats and I hope you reach your $45k target... a very strong start!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
sweet!

just swap out the baseplate on your own? the people that are buying the product might like the option, a lot of them would be people that could do it themselves if you allow it as an option (save money instead of having to buy a whole new one, plus they get the justification in their mind to upgrade since they don't need to buy a whole new set)
Yes, just a wider base is certainly an option.. although it is the most expensive part on my end.

I think that after the Kickstarter finishes and after the first round of Amazon I'll have a better idea of what I need to offer on my end. Definitely a big advantage of doing a kickstarter first :)

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Everything about this is awesome.

Congrats and I hope you reach your $45k target... a very strong start!!
Thank you very much! The ads are already performing pretty well. I set aside a budget to hit $400k, but not sure how that will go. Right now sitting at $35k at 4 days in.

I think we should comfortably hit at least $100k, which will allow me to fund additional inventory for my first round without paying out of pocket... so overall I'm sitting happy right now!

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Thank you very much! The ads are already performing pretty well. I set aside a budget to hit $400k, but not sure how that will go. Right now sitting at $35k at 4 days in.

I think we should comfortably hit at least $100k, which will allow me to fund additional inventory for my first round without paying out of pocket... so overall I'm sitting happy right now!
I'm guessing that you have the first batch already ordered and on it's way? if so, might be able to get a considerable buzz going...
plus, since you move so fast, in 2 months you'll have version 2 out there (someone always finds something to change once you've made a few dozen units)

John TenBrink

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jan 26, 2018
Raleigh
Congrats! Way to hit the Covid market with something convenient, compact and revolutionary. Much success brother!

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
This is sweet. I use resistance bands with the door attachment. I can do most exercises, but squats I still can't do with the bands. My workaround right now is holding onto the bands as I do pistol squats.

In any case. My experience with bands has been so-so. The only reason being that I've had a band snap while I was doing face pulls and it damn near blinded me.

With that said - I was curious to know how extensively if at all you've tested the durability of the bands and if you've got a basis to cover your a$$ against any possible injury claims.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
"$145,585
pledged of $15,000 goal."

Uh, yeah. Congratulations dude. Hope the best for it, make a killing.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
"$291,683
pledged of $15,000 goal"

Can we get a update of how things are going? :)

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys! Just posting an update on this. I ended up with about $350,000 in funding. It actually wasn't super profitable with the current cost of goods and the price point I sold at. The cost of materials has all gone up over the past several months, but it isn't a big deal. I didn't need to run a kickstarter to begin with, but thought it would be a strong way to start my new business. Overall, I'm happy I did it.

We're in the beginning of production right now and I'm currently doing what I can to maximize my starting inventory to gain traction on Amazon, maintain my position there, start selling on my site, and then start retail distribution next year.

It has been difficult to manage all of the increased costs. Previously I hired someone to represent me and manage different suppliers for different materials - all to be sent to one place for assembly, but now I am actually working with a trading company. There's definitely a mark-up there, but in the interest of long term business I've gotten the price to break even with my previous approach. I'm happy for now as it is much more simple.

I'm actually thinking about taking on a loan now to fund even more inventory up front so that I can hit my goal inventory numbers in 2 or 3 rounds instead of what would probably have been 4.

It's a great comfort that my first business is still running well and I can basically just put every single bit of profit back into the business with no worries. I didn't realize it at the time, but even though I didn't hit the fast lane numbers that I wanted to with my first business, I believe it will be what allows me to achieve it this time around.

I've experienced a lot of stress along the way, but I'm feeling more and more confident that I can deliver the product in high quality and make this a multi-million dollar business that I can feel proud of.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Cool,

Just to note, button to preorder redirects to "not found" page at producthype.co/evogym.
You might lose few sales now and then.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Cool,

Just to note, button to preorder redirects to "not found" page at producthype.co/evogym.
You might lose few sales now and then.
That's strange. For some reason I can't edit the original post. Thanks for letting me know :)

That link should work.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.