The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

High Ticket Closer Agency - How Much To Charge?

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I've launched a high ticket closer agency where my experienced closers will close deals on a commission only basis.

These closers are contractors to me and work around 20-30 hours a week.

My problem is that I don't know what to charge. Everyone keeps asking me for commission-only deals and I'm trying to figure out how to charge upfront (Eg. retainer or set up fee)..

OR.. if I should even be allowed to charge at all with this model?

- Do I charge X per closer I give them? (Eg. $3K setup fee)

- Do I charge X monthly as a retainer? (eg. $3K/mo)

- Do I just purely charge a commission only?

Thanks, just want to know what you guys would pay for something like this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
I like to negotiate on a contingency fee basis. Just get a retainer of whatever money to cover expenses and to be applied to the future fees that you will get when you actually close it. If you are confident that you will make things happen, nothing wrong with getting a piece at the end and having sking in the game.
Charging up front and a flat fee makes me work under pressure feeling like I owe something regarding performance.
Just a personal preference though.

Swift

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
May 10, 2019
USA
I've launched a high ticket closer agency where my experienced closers will close deals on a commission only basis.

These closers are contractors to me and work around 20-30 hours a week.

My problem is that I don't know what to charge. Everyone keeps asking me for commission-only deals and I'm trying to figure out how to charge upfront (Eg. retainer or set up fee)..

OR.. if I should even be allowed to charge at all with this model?

- Do I charge X per closer I give them? (Eg. $3K setup fee)

- Do I charge X monthly as a retainer? (eg. $3K/mo)

- Do I just purely charge a commission only?

Thanks, just want to know what you guys would pay for something like this.
Depends on your service, niche, how long you work with them, and their avg client value. You can charge anywhere from 2k-12k+ for 12 weeks of coaching depending on your niche and where they are in their business or 80k for full blown smma packages. Whatever the cost is to fix the problem they have if you can get them 5-10 clients/patients/whatever a month and each client is worth 10k then charging 20k for 3 months of service is nothing.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
General full time salesmen Ive seen for 4k , if its a numbers game thatll do. If I need like really high closing rates...yeh I guess I couldnt even guess a number.

I know lead gen agencies where its b2b and they take it from no contact all the way from email and first phone but they pass it on to you for the final presentation / pitch , thats 3 to 5k per full timer. Again , works great if you just need a steady stream (they leave the last step to you so every salesperson doesnt have to learn an entire vertical or industry , just need to be able to warm em up so to speak). So again ballpark 4k.

On my first example , front to back sales team (iirc they also have some system to generate their own leads) , when I spoke to the rep (probably a year ago) part of the deal to keep the guys hungry in the boiler room would be to kickback a one time bonus or a % for repeated monthly business they earned.

So first id ask you here , do you already have salesmen lined up? Because you can attempt to charge whatever you want but are you really going to get hotshot closers for less than great pay? , A halfbrain with good connections can make money doing one deal every 3 months selling commercial real estate or prefab buildings or whatever.

Second , who's the target? What's the pain point and how much is it worth it for them if you solve things? , If they're looking at a million dollars net profit then hiring a salesmen that can close 50% of the time vs 30% is worth quite a bit any way you cut it.

If every deal is like 10k but its repeating, well that could be pretty high ticket right? But at that level maybe i'm ok with mr apprentice salesguy vs your agency possesing some rockstar with john h pattersons ghost.

Can you sit down and rack the brain of a potential client to get insight on the pain point and the values at stake here?

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Are you asking how much to charge for your program, or how much commission your closers should get?

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Are you asking how much to charge for your program, or how much commission your closers should get?

How much to charge for my program which is allowing businesses to use my closers on a commission-only basis. I want to charge an upfront fee or monthly fee if possible for it.

General full time salesmen Ive seen for 4k , if its a numbers game thatll do. If I need like really high closing rates...yeh I guess I couldnt even guess a number.

I know lead gen agencies where its b2b and they take it from no contact all the way from email and first phone but they pass it on to you for the final presentation / pitch , thats 3 to 5k per full timer. Again , works great if you just need a steady stream (they leave the last step to you so every salesperson doesnt have to learn an entire vertical or industry , just need to be able to warm em up so to speak). So again ballpark 4k.

On my first example , front to back sales team (iirc they also have some system to generate their own leads) , when I spoke to the rep (probably a year ago) part of the deal to keep the guys hungry in the boiler room would be to kickback a one time bonus or a % for repeated monthly business they earned.

So first id ask you here , do you already have salesmen lined up? Because you can attempt to charge whatever you want but are you really going to get hotshot closers for less than great pay? , A halfbrain with good connections can make money doing one deal every 3 months selling commercial real estate or prefab buildings or whatever.

Second , who's the target? What's the pain point and how much is it worth it for them if you solve things? , If they're looking at a million dollars net profit then hiring a salesmen that can close 50% of the time vs 30% is worth quite a bit any way you cut it.

If every deal is like 10k but its repeating, well that could be pretty high ticket right? But at that level maybe i'm ok with mr apprentice salesguy vs your agency possesing some rockstar with john h pattersons ghost.

Can you sit down and rack the brain of a potential client to get insight on the pain point and the values at stake here?

I have 22 closers lined up who I've vetted and are all good closers with lots of expereince.

I'm targeting agency owners mainly (marketing agencies) who charge from $750/mo to $3,000+/mo.

I want to figure out how much to charge them aside from just commission.. (eg. make them pay a retainer monthly OR an upfront fee/deposit even)

Depends on your service, niche, how long you work with them, and their avg client value. You can charge anywhere from 2k-12k+ for 12 weeks of coaching depending on your niche and where they are in their business or 80k for full blown smma packages. Whatever the cost is to fix the problem they have if you can get them 5-10 clients/patients/whatever a month and each client is worth 10k then charging 20k for 3 months of service is nothing.

I suppose so. My target market is marketing agency owners who charge $750/mo to $3K/mo. Lots of them keep asking me for commission-only, but I want to charge them an upfront fee (eg. $2k) and/or monthly (eg. $2k/mo)

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Got it.

Are you confident that your closers will deliver results?

If you are, why not employ a strong guarantee which lowers the risk for the agencies, so they feel safer in hiring your services?

I feel that if your closers work comission-only, but you want to charge an upfront fee, there’s a gap here, something doesn’t match.

Now if I had an agency and you came to me and said: “Look, I haven’t earned your trust yet, and you don’t know how good my closers are. Probably you even got burned before hiring salespeople. So what if I took all the risk? You only pay what we deliver. Let us create 3 clients for you, so we validate that your product can sell. That’s on us. And after that, we will go after the clients you usually wouldn’t get, without spending a dime of your time, resources or energy. It’s all profit to you. We’ll split the deal 40/60”.

This is just an example, and I know you could get much more sophisticated and create an even better offer.

Does this help? What are your thoughts?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.