The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi from Auckland - Building my SaaS

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

Mattsaas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Sep 29, 2018
New Zealand
Hi all,

Matt here from Auckland, New Zealand. Long time lurker, first time poster, and have read the Fastlane Millionaire 8 years ago when I ordered in 2010.

I've been in digital marketing for about 10 years officially, but was doing it longer before my first full time job.

Last year I was frustrated at work, and started building a SaaS (monthly subscription, 'software as a service' product) to make my day job a bit easier. These days, the service is my side hustle, which I'm here to learn to help grow, and share my experience so far to help others.

You can read the backstory on my product here - it was written 10 months ago, but I'll have the 2018 update coming soon :smile2:

Cheers,
Matt

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for posting, the link you provided is very informative. Anyone getting started should take a read.

As of December 31st Pulse has under 100 paying customers. Our basic plan is just $USD19per month, so we don’t need hundreds or thousands of customers to make Pulse a kick-a$$ tool. We just need enough to cover costs, and provide a bit of beer and coffee money.

Impressive and very exciting!

However I should make mention; your website sprung an SSL error for me. (Insecure content) -- Isn't your software supposed to flag that?

Thanks for sharing.

Mattsaas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Sep 29, 2018
New Zealand
However I should make mention; your website sprung an SSL error for me. (Insecure content) -- Isn't your software supposed to flag that?

Hah! It is! I've been soooo busy on the day job that I didn't notice this. Thanks, fixing it now.

Edit: Fixed.

Last edited:

robodale

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Dec 1, 2017
Sioux Falls, SD
@Mattsaas - I read your article, very well written and informative. I'm building/launching a SaaS MVP of my own...nice to hear others are in the trenches doing the same!

Mattsaas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Sep 29, 2018
New Zealand
@Mattsaas - I read your article, very well written and informative. I'm building/launching a SaaS MVP of my own...nice to hear others are in the trenches doing the same!
Nice! What niche are you in, and hows your progress?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...