The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey, what motivational content would you like to see?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Robert Goal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Mar 29, 2019
I have started my youtube channel and been creating content for a few months now, improved a lot since the start, I usually take a motivational speech, find creative commons videos and add music to it. Did one compilation which is not released yet, personally I think it's my best work so far. What are your favourite motivational speakers? what kind of video would you like to see?

My channel link if interested - goalmindset

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
What makes you better than all the other motivational content out there already?

Don't forget the little things:
1. High quality, consistent-themed thumbnails
2. Proper grammar, capitalization in video titles with consistent format

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I tried writing motivational styled emails for my client's daily list.

Screwed up real bad.

Had to make countless edits after a feedback session. I got too ranty.

Instead, I went back to the good ol' 'here's x problem and here's x solution'

The edits didn't end, but they switched to just semantics (I.e use some better words or cut some sentences)

Motivation as a product isn't strong enough.

Last edited:

Robert Goal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Mar 29, 2019
Upcoming thumbnails will be better, last week worked on the thumbnails.
Will work on better endings. Thanks for the advice.

To be honest I was rubbish when I started but got better now. I'd say nothing makes me better yet, but I would like to become better than those other channels.

hatedsalesrep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 2, 2017
Orlando, FL
If that's you speaking then you have a GREAT tone and inflaction levels. I usually dont watch through motivational because they repeat the same shit and make no sense but yours had an interesting touch.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Yawn...

If you need to pump yourself up by watching Gary V or Tony Robbins videos to actually get work done, you don't have the mindset to do the work on your own.

Unless this youtube channel is strictly a pet project you spend your spare time on, what value are you contributing that the other 1,000+ motivational channels aren't?

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
I'll just ad my 2 pennies here. I checked you channel and as others said - you are one of thousands, the content is not authentic, but revised from other motivational figures.
But. I don't think the idea is bad in general. This definitely has potential if you make it personal.
Personal as - you make content about your own life, your own career, fitness, habits - anything.
Examples: Matt D'avella, Rich Roll and then of course all the well-known ones such as Gary Vee etc.
Don't be the one (of thousands) who take ideas from them and repost, be the one who gets reposted.

Robert Goal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Mar 29, 2019
I understand there are a lot of channels like this also, a lot of them are successful 100K+ subscribers, I think there is a room for more good ones.

This is my side hustle, I don't need to pump myself up, I can get work done. I think when you hear or read something new it puts you in a good state. That's why I think it provides value. A month ago I heard this phrase listening to Jim Rohn - For the things to change - you need to change and it's just sticked with me. I believe sometimes all you need is just a phrase.

Moreover, I read this book youtube secrets where it said that all the big youtube channels started small, had rubbish gear, sound quality was bad, but they just kept moving and figured it out along the way. I look at it not as a sprint but as a marathon.

Atm I don't know how would I make it personal as I am still developing in my professional career, maybe at later stages of my career.

I think making motivational videos educates me, my audience and increases my editing, promotional skills and I l learn more about youtube and if I'll figure out something better I could start that.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Personally being the Queen of researching Motivational information for the last 10 years, I believe it's more about original content, real life experience, and your own personal journey that inspires others.

As my son reminded me this week to listen to something he listened to back in high school, I kept pushing off, I finally listened to his suggestions. Tuesdays with Morrie, and another man named Randy Pausch.

These two are kind of about death and embracing life in the now, because you believe you have forever to live life.

It's nice to see people copying, pasting, and recycling the same information repeatedly, but it's starting to seem like society is getting trapped in this cycle of old information, old stories, and perhaps fresh experiences need to be heard.

Perhaps get off the recycling hamster wheel and blaze a new trail.

Robert Goal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Mar 29, 2019
I don't understand why so much hate? To make one of these videos takes a long time and a lot of work and it has a genuine purpose to motivate people.

Why say B.S.? Give a reasoning argument at least.
Grumpy people need some inspiration to smile:smile:

Same information - I wonder how many motivational speakers do you know? How many motivational books have you read?

Most of the people never heard some great motivational speakers or at least do not know more than 5.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
We're dog piling because this type of content is anathema to what the community stands for.

A handful of people have made a career out of the motivation game, and they are known by name. They were successful because they provided more value than the price of admission.

Repackaging motivational content and reposting it is a low rent activity. You are correct that editing these videos take time (I have a small YT channel too, so I know first hand how much time it takes to produce even basic low quality stuff), but so what? So does slinging burgers at mickey D's.

what do YOU bring to the table, specifically? What's the value add? A music track and some editing isn't a value add, it's just window dressing to someone else's value.

If you want to motivate people, show the hero transformation in your own life. Document your progress starting from wherever you are now, to whoever it is that you want to become. You can still learn the fundamentals of making good content, but you'd be producing something of interest and value to the world.

Your heart may be in the right place, but the execution is way off.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I don't understand why so much hate? To make one of these videos takes a long time and a lot of work and it has a genuine purpose to motivate people.

Why say B.S.? Give a reasoning argument at least.
Grumpy people need some inspiration to smile:smile:

Same information - I wonder how many motivational speakers do you know? How many motivational books have you read?

Most of the people never heard some great motivational speakers or at least do not know more than 5.

I'll give you a benefit of a doubt.

You ask why B.S.- Problem is that motivation is a hoax (at best) and blatant lie . You give people a spike of good feeling... for a mere moment.

And the problem within that problem is that you help to make them believe that they should somehow feel motivated for a long time - and when the feelings gone... you suggest to watch more videos.

Kind of drug dealing.

And the problem within the problem within that problem is that you DEMOTIVATE them to do real entrepreneurship and real achievements.

Since - "All the motivation didn't work for me, maybe i should quit?"

I don't want to destroy your motivation to do something.
But i'd suggest you to educate yourself in places that do offer real advice.

Like this forum, for example.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I don't want to see motivational content, the internet is super saturated with them.

I want to see process videos (building a house, etc.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.