The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Helping the elderly, disabled, and their families

Idea threads

Oppiaceo209

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 24, 2023
Hi everybody. Today my brain decided to randomly give birth to a realy valid business concept.
I dont want to go into details on an entrepreneurs forum, but this idea respect the CENTS commandment.
My clue is how can i generate revenue with this.
Is basically a freelancer website, only avaible in my country (initially), because the niche here is huge, and there aren't websites or apps like that.
The thing is that the niche is mostly about families, old people, and disabled people. In Italy this group of people aren't really practical with internet and websites, especially with online payment, so i can't really take a percentage from the service sale, because they will prefer to pay physically with cash ( i know this for a fact, im now a just eat driver and these folks always pay cash, sometimes, i even need to carry the POS, because they don't trust online payment...).
Obviously i thought of website ads banner or ads in general. But in long term talking i should have other types of earning.
I was thinking about a monthly subscription for the freelancers to stay on the site (that provide clients to them, so they need that).
If you have advice, criticisms, insults or suggestions im here to learn.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Hi everybody. Today my brain decided to randomly give birth to a realy valid business concept.
I dont want to go into details on an entrepreneurs forum, but this idea respect the CENTS commandment.
Is basically a freelancer website, only avaible in my country (initially), because the niece here is huge, and there aren't websites or apps like that.
The thing is that the niece is mostly about families, old people, and disabled people. In Italy this group of people aren't really practical with internet and websites, especially with online payment, so i can't really take a percentage from the service sale, because they will prefer to pay physically with cash ( i know this for a fact, im now a just eat driver and these folks always pay cash, sometimes, i even need to carry the POS, because they don't trust online payment...).
Obviously i thought of website ads banner or ads in general. But in long term talking i should have other types of earning.
I was thinking about a monthly subscription for the freelancers to stay on the site (that provide clients to them, so they need that).
I'm not sure that I completely understand what space you're working in, but when it comes to elderly and disabled, think about their caregivers and family members. Most of the time these are the people you need to target since it will make their lives easier and give them piece of mind that their elderly loved ones are well cared for. Target them.

Oppiaceo209

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 24, 2023
I'm not sure that I completely understand what space you're working in, but when it comes to elderly and disabled, thing about their caregivers and family members. Most of the time these are the people you need to target since it will make their lives easier and give them piece of mind that their elderly loved ones are well cared for. Target them.
Absolutely, i think you got my point, i'm targeting in the first place elders and disabled people, and then in second place their families.
But i still have the clue to how can i earn much income and how can i implement like a monthly subscription or something external to ads.
I started the website btw, finally this is the first time that after an idea i take act.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
As I'm sure many of us will tell you, having an idea doesn't mean very much. (unless there's an idea for an app @Andy Black ;))

Assuming that you've found a solution to a big problem and people will actually use your service, the first question should not be "how can I monetize this".

A more relevant question would be:
"How can I actually create this platform and how can I scale and deliver to the masses?".

If enough people are using your platform, there are an endless ways to monetize it. Find customers and establish the userbase first. Put a price tag on it later.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Is basically a freelancer website, only avaible in my country (initially), because the niche here is huge, and there aren't websites or apps like that.
The thing is that the niche is mostly about families, old people, and disabled people. In Italy this group of people aren't really practical with internet and websites, especially with online payment, so i can't really take a percentage from the service sale, because they will prefer to pay physically with cash ( i know this for a fact, im now a just eat driver and these folks always pay cash, sometimes, i even need to carry the POS, because they don't trust online payment...).
I'm confused too.

Who are you helping? What are you helping them with? How will you do it?

Oppiaceo209

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 24, 2023
I'm confused too.

Who are you helping? What are you helping them with? How will you do it?
Sorry, i can't really express my words and thoughts how i really want in english.
Im trying to help elders, disabled people and their families. Thats the niche. I didn't want to enter details because i don't really trust people.
There is a gap in the market in my country, if i create a people-connecting website, people would easily find what they need with just some click

Last edited:

Oppiaceo209

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 24, 2023
As I'm sure many of us will tell you, having an idea doesn't mean very much. (unless there's an idea for an app @Andy Black ;))

Assuming that you've found a solution to a big problem and people will actually use your service, the first question should not be "how can I monetize this".

A more relevant question would be:
"How can I actually create this platform and how can I scale and deliver to the masses?".

If enough people are using your platform, there are an endless ways to monetize it. Find customers and establish the userbase first. Put a price tag on it later.
Yes, idea is nothing without execution, as i said, i started developing the roots of my idea, no business plan, no overlearning, no over consuming.
Tho, i don't know much about programming or creating webisites, especially a website how i immaginated.
About monetizing, im costantly thinking about it, i came up with something, i don't know if that gonna work. I want to explain and detailing what i have in mind so you could understand me. But Maybe someone more competent than me can use this and faster than me

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Sorry, i can't really express my words and thoughts how i really want in english.
Im trying to help elders, disabled people and their families. Thats the niche. I didn't want to enter details because i don't really trust people.
Where do the freelancers come in?

Oppiaceo209

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 24, 2023
Where do the freelancers come in?
Freelancers is a big word to what im trying to create, i want to create a connect site for elders, family and weak society members with helpers, houswives, caretakers, hospital daily trasportation etc. I came up with this when thinking about my grandpa that needed a person that drived him to the hospital daily, and a care taker, we found them only with the words of other people and suggestion by them ("passaparola" in italian).
I asked every friend and person i know how they found a caretaker for their loves ones when needed. All said the same thing, word of mouth, people telling people (don't know if you get what im saying).
So, in Italy the elder population si HUGE. Most of 70milion people are elders. Most of cartetakers are ukrainan or african immigrant women.
Huge gap, Huge Niche, Huge need.
There are agencies for that, but you need to call them, wait wait wait.
Did yall get what im saying??
Excuse me again for my bad english and not expressing my self at 100%

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Freelancers is a big word to what im trying to create, i want to create a connect site for elders, family and weak society members with helpers, houswives, caretakers, hospital daily trasportation etc. I came up with this when thinking about my grandpa that needed a person that drived him to the hospital daily, and a care taker, we found them only with the words of other people and suggestion by them ("passaparola" in italian).
I asked every friend and person i know how they found a caretaker for their loves ones when needed. All said the same thing, word of mouth, people telling people (don't know if you get what im saying).
So, in Italy the elder population si HUGE. Most of 70milion people are elders. Most of cartetakers are ukrainan or african immigrant women.
Huge gap, Huge Niche, Huge need.
There are agencies for that, but you need to call them, wait wait wait.
Did yall get what im saying??
Excuse me again for my bad english and not expressing my self at 100%
Ah, got it. You want to connect carers with people who need care. I love it.

It's a two sided marketplace. I suggest thinking how the money flows and getting the side of the market with the money first. If you get that side then the other side will follow.

An example (I'm a Google Ads guy so I'll use Google Ads in the example... there's LOTs of other ways to do this):

Someone searches "homecare dublin" on Google (I also live in Ireland so will use Dublin as my example).

You could show an ad for "Homecare Dublin - Contact Us Now".

They click and visit your page:

Dublin Homecare
  • Bullet benefit 1.
  • Bullet benefit 1.
  • Call-To-Action bullet.
< Contact Us Now >

You get the lead and contact them back to get more details. They'll love this because no-one picks up the damn phone anymore.

Then you'll try to find someone to fulfil it.

You'll be the champion for the lady looking for homecare in Dublin for her 73 year old mum.
  • You'll ask friends and family if they know anyone who can help.
  • You'll ask them to ask their friends and family if they know anyone who can help.
  • You'll Google it for them.
  • You'll ask in local Facebook groups.
All the time you're saying something like: "We're looking for a homecarer for an 73 year old lady in Dublin. She's quite mobile and cheerful and just needs someone to pop in twice a day to check on her and help with shopping and cleaning. Do you know anyone who can help?"

Don't be a salesperson. Be that old lady's champion. This is why you should get on the damn phone and speak to her daughter. If you can get on Zoom all the better. Don't see her as a number. See her as the person she is.

Use that genuine lead you generated to find someone to help her.

Take it from there.

Oppiaceo209

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 24, 2023
Ah, got it. You want to connect carers with people who need care. I love it.

It's a two sided marketplace. I suggest thinking how the money flows and getting the side of the market with the money first. If you get that side then the other side will follow.

An example (I'm a Google Ads guy so I'll use Google Ads in the example... there's LOTs of other ways to do this):

Someone searches "homecare dublin" on Google (I also live in Ireland so will use Dublin as my example).

You could show an ad for "Homecare Dublin - Contact Us Now".

They click and visit your page:

Dublin Homecare
  • Bullet benefit 1.
  • Bullet benefit 1.
  • Call-To-Action bullet.
< Contact Us Now >

You get the lead and contact them back to get more details. They'll love this because no-one picks up the damn phone anymore.

You'll be the champion for the lady looking for homecare in Dublin for her 73 year old mum.
  • You'll ask them to ask their friends and family if they know anyone who can help.
All the time you're saying something like: "We're looking for a homecarer for an 73 year old lady in Dublin. She's quite mobile and cheerful and just needs someone to pop in twice a day to check on her and help with shopping and cleaning. Do you know anyone who can help?"

Don't be a salesperson. Be that old lady's champion. This is why you should get on the damn phone and speak to her daughter. If you can get on Zoom all the better. Don't see her as a number. See her as the person she is.

Use that genuine lead you generated to find someone to help her.

Take it from there.
Bro you perfectly get my idea. The thing is here a website/app like that doesnt exist. Now i just need to work and create this damn website.
Thank you.

Dublin is sick btw, i was there 1 week ago, went there because i was thinking to there to work then create a business (low corp tax 12.5%)
Coming from a seaside country with much sun i didnt really enjoy the climate. I loved Howth tho idk if you know.
I even have (maybe the first) a post about asking if going to ireland for low tax was a good idea, i imagine that you living there for it.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Bro you perfectly get my idea. The thing is here a website/app like that doesnt exist. Now i just need to work and create this damn website.
Thank you.
For the love of God, please do NOT go building a website or app. I already outlined a simple landing page you can start with.

Connect people who want help with people who want to help them.

These might help:

Dublin is sick btw, i was there 1 week ago, went there because i was thinking to there to work then create a business (low corp tax 12.5%)
Coming from a seaside country with much sun i didnt really enjoy the climate. I loved Howth tho idk if you know.
I even have (maybe the first) a post about asking if going to ireland for low tax was a good idea, i imagine that you living there for it.
We love (talking about) the climate here in Ireland and in the UK. We'd be lost without being able to talk about the weather to strangers.

Howth is lovely, but damn busy.

I was going to work my way round the world doing IT contracts. My first stop was Dublin and that's as far as I got. It felt like I was coming home somehow. Then I met a girl and the rest is history.

Oppiaceo209

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 24, 2023
For the love of God, please do NOT go building a website or app. I already outlined a simple landing page you can start with.

Connect people who want help with people who want to help them.
Yes but i was thinking about a place where these housewife/care takers/ helpers (was thinking about even studen that can give ripetitions/dog sitters/baby sitters) can get customer reviews, in that way families of the niche im targetting (the one that search for help and pay, basically my customer) can feel more safe knowing other families had great experiences with them, especially because older people in italy have prejudices against immigrants.

Dublin Homecare
  • Bullet benefit 1.
  • Bullet benefit 1.
  • Call-To-Action bullet.
< Contact Us Now >

For this i explained there are already existing agencies, this type of helping model is not really different for the one they use. And there is a reason why people prefer contacting caretakers based on other people/families suggestions. Because they trust more people like them instead of big (maybe state owned) agencies.

Tks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Feb 6, 2023
Earth
Around 3 months ago i also spawned the same idea as you. Basically it was like Uber but it connects tutors with students and take a 40% cut from their first month salary.

I did some digging and found that my idea has been tried before. The trailblazers all pivoted from their idea because the tutors are bad at teaching. With Uber there's just the easy task of driving but with teaching it's infinitely more complicated than that. I figure the same also apply to your business idea as well. Another thing is that people use Uber multiple times a week, whereas with my idea it's a kind of a one time thing so the customer life time value is low as hell.

Also the guy who did it before switched to building a small tutor company where he HIRES teachers and make them teach classes. Another guy went to Shark Tank to get a $200k investment and went bankcrupt right after that LOL.

Oppiaceo209

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 24, 2023
Around 3 months ago i also spawned the same idea as you. Basically it was like Uber but it connects tutors with students and take a 40% cut from their first month salary.

I did some digging and found that my idea has been tried before. The trailblazers all pivoted from their idea because the tutors are bad at teaching. With Uber there's just the easy task of driving but with teaching it's infinitely more complicated than that. I figure the same also apply to your business idea as well. Another thing is that people use Uber multiple times a week, whereas with my idea it's a kind of a one time thing so the customer life time value is low as hell.

Also the guy who did it before switched to building a small tutor company where he HIRES teachers and make them teach classes. Another guy went to Shark Tank to get a $200k investment and went bankcrupt right after that LOL.
damn
But i think locally would work, housewives and caretakers don't need much skills to operate

4gus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jan 18, 2023
Bro you perfectly get my idea.
I can guess what it's going to be and you're right, even in Indonesia where I am at right now, it's really hard to find someone to take care the old and the sick. So I can see the needs.
Good caretakers/ nurses are hard to find, most of them are arrogant and cocky because they know there is a high demand for their service. The family almost cant do anything because they need the help.

Gosh, I was thinking if I want to start similar service here, this is probably what I'm going to do. Bad habit, haha... but you're right Andy, I need to slowly change my thinking. Start small, try to help one family first, learn about the challenges etc. and go from there. One thing that made me hesitant is that I don't like to deal with those nurses or the families. I am speaking from my latest experience where my aunt got stroke and she needed full time care. Within the last 6 months, my cousin need to replace the nurse at least 5 times, one of them was caught stealing lol.
I guess culture is important especially if you're dealing with people from different countries. And once you're directly involved in the business you'll experience things that you've never thought before.

Oppiaceo209

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 24, 2023
I can guess what it's going to be and you're right, even in Indonesia where I am at right now, it's really hard to find someone to take care the old and the sick. So I can see the needs.
Good caretakers/ nurses are hard to find, most of them are arrogant and cocky because they know there is a high demand for their service. The family almost cant do anything because they need the help.
You got my point, you are even from a non western country, so maybe even there older people struggle to use internet payments and prefer pay cash.
My initial question was how could i monetize without web payment, so i think you can understand.

4gus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jan 18, 2023
You got my point, you are even from a non western country, so maybe even there older people struggle to use internet payments and prefer pay cash.
My initial question was how could i monetize without web payment, so i think you can understand.
Payment method should be the least of your worry.
We have lots of e-wallet. You can also do electronic bank transfer, you just need QR code. People rarely pay with cash here.
You can do like middle man/ agency: family hires you, family pay you, you pay the nurse.
Or if it's older people, you can ask someone to collect the payment at their house, or they can mail the check directly to you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.