The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Helping businesses get online

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I have created a facebook group for those who are struggling to cook while self-isolating and who may also need help with everything else going on.

This facebook group is just about helping the community/ now world wide community as i have members joining every day from different parts of the world.

This in particular is not a money making endeavour.

For anyone interested in following along feel free to do so.

I have posted up some things such as food to donate to people in need aswell, people can't cook with no food.

I have been watching some of @Fox youtube stuff and it has some great information.

I watched this video on cold calling and he said, to not bother cold calling unless i have something to show the potential clients that i have done and the businesses i have gotten results for, this unlike the group however i hope to earn some income of.

The only business i have worked on and got results for is my own as i haven't got a client yet.

My skills are

Software solutions.
video editing.
Audio syncing.
Paid traffic such as Google Ads.
Email systems.
Live calls.
automated systems, and so on.
Consulting.

what is the best way do you guys think to secure clients as quick as possible as im not working now and have no clue what is going to happen over the next couple of months, i will be ok for a while financially but want to get things moving NOW and not just sit around till i run out of money.

Im guessing i should stop the action faking and just pick up the phone?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIkGVwg74Q4

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Facebook group is at 76 members

Helping out my MMA school at the moment aswell as a restaurant in town.

I have spoke to a yoga studio in Melbourne that are interested in me sending them an email to find out more about how i can help them.

Just making cold calls now.

I have no business email set up and no prior results of work to fall back on.

Next step is to get a business email set up.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
14 cold calls made.

4 want more information and are interested in getting more info.

2 of which was the key contact person
2 of which are just staff and wont give out personal numbers.

the other 10 all but told me to F*ck off :p

i except to be very busy with work, i will all but surely help my martial arts studio get out content he is just taking a couple of days to have a break.

Next step is to send the emails to whom showed interest.

So much uncertainty in the world right now, and i have no idea what my future is right now in the short term at least.

Gotta love the yoga business owner i just spoke to who is not stressed one bit lol.

She said to me '' who cares if we lose all our money at least the dolphins are safer now''

Just gotta push forward.

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Posting Recipes to the facebook group as well now
Isolation & Quarantine Cooking Help

Figuring this out as i go along.

At the moment in the group i am helping people with recipes, live calls, funny memes to keep spirits up and encouraging people to donate food to those in need at this time.

harlansjobs

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 31, 2018
I used to work at a place where our motto was " What we do for ourselves dies with us, what we do for others lives on." Is it possible to document your experiences with the cooking people and adapt that to the businesses you contact, send them a video in addition to cold calling? Like a yoga studio, set them up with a zoom account and maybe get paid to keep them connected to their already existing clients through daily or weekly virtual classes?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Ditched the cold calling and i am sending personal videos to each business in the area.

Hey this is what you can do to help.

Just sent out a 13 minute video to one place, and i will be making several videos tomorrow to different businesses giving my thoughts.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
sending a video to a restaurant at the moment.

He said:

You've already made it?

Me:

Yeh i thought i could help you out. I noticed you where having to deliver only now, so thought i could help you promote that.

Oh awesome send it here!

He said he will give me a shout out on his socials.

And just like that you can be in business guys.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
What would you advise someone thinking of helping local businesses?

Show don't tell.

Don't ask for permission to help just do it.

Do not think to yourself that it is a waste of time helping people and that you should be focusing on getting business making cold calls, sending emails, pitching etc etc.

I banged my head against a brick wall doing all of the above and literally got no where at all.

People HATE being sold to, they hate.

If you help businesses with stuff they will expect to pay you anyway.

They will ask:

What you charge?

What else do you do?

We will give you a shou tout on our social media! (social proof)

etc etc.

All of that can bring you business anyway.

What do you think works better.

1. cold calling them saying this is what i can do on a typical bang your head against a brick wall sales call followed up by some cold email with great copy.

Or

2. here you go! I just made this for you, where do you want me to send the proper file to?

As you can see below i chose number 2, your mileage may vary.

fastlane forum.PNG

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Show don't tell.

Don't ask for permission to help just do it.

Do not think to yourself that it is a waste of time helping people and that you should be focusing on getting business making cold calls, sending emails, pitching etc etc.

I banged my head against a brick wall doing all of the above and literally got no where at all.

People HATE being sold to, they hate.

If you help businesses with stuff they will expect to pay you anyway.

They will ask:

What you charge?

What else do you do?

We will give you a shou tout on our social media! (social proof)

etc etc.

All of that can bring you business anyway.

What do you think works better.

1. cold calling them saying this is what i can do on a typical bang your head against a brick wall sales call followed up by some cold email with great copy.

Or

2. here you go! I just made this for you, where do you want me to send the proper file to?

As you can see below i chose number 2, your mileage may vary.

View attachment 31889
Great to see it working for you.

I swear business is as simple as: “Add value. Get paid.”

No need to ask permission to add value. JFDI.

Create an inbalance in the world and it will seek to right itself. And that’s not foo-foo, that’s smart business imo.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
@Timmy C I thought you had another thread dedicated to your ISO group but I couldn't find it, this is what I pictured you doing :rofl:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
@Timmy C I thought you had another thread dedicated to your ISO group but I couldn't find it, this is what I pictured you doing :rofl:

Oh man that is hilarious haha.

I made a quick video but this was a huge hit hahaha

Not doing anything on the ISO cooking group, engagement dropped and i'm not just going to talk to myself, ain't got no time for that.

my as well give an update on the videos for businesses.

A martial Arts Studio used my video on the instagram page but i did not get a shout out for it.

The one business who said they would give me a shout out haven't even used the video lol.

I have been making alot of progress on my courses and revenue is increasing quite a bit month over month now.

I should create a thread on that at some point, people might like that.

If i create a thread i won't be sharing like i was on the inside. As this is indexed and not as private, ill probably be best to buy an INSIDERS subscription again and just add it to that thread for privacy.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
A martial Arts Studio used my video on the instagram page but i did not get a shout out for it.

That will happen, try to include that in your pitch at some point, even if it’s just almost throwaway comment like
“Here’s the video, would be great if you tag me when you use it!” When you send it to them, (as well as whatever else you say) some people especially that don’t use social media a lot don’t realise the etiquette of also tagging someone, they don’t mean to be rude or not give you that rub from a tag online.

The one business who said they would give me a shout out haven't even used the video lol.

That will happen as well, both in times like this and when things aren’t as crazy, people get busy, sidetracked, have things on more important, sometimes it’s good to remind them, give them a nudge, sometimes it’s better to let them handle it their own way, something you have to assess when you talk to them.

I have been making alot of progress on my courses and revenue is increasing quite a bit month over month now.

Awesome! Keep grinding away and uncovering opportunities:fistbump:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.