The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help youtube channel feedback WANTED

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 26, 2021
Hello everyone,

I just read the millionaire fastlane (my favorite non fiction book!) and just started unscripted . These books are really inspirational, as I allways wanted to escape the sidewalkers/slowlane lane, I wish I read these 15 years ago, before wasting my time all those years with jobs I don't like. I started some small side hustle side hustles over the years, but none panned out really great. (Maybe one could have done ok, If I wasnt that stubborn and reacted to the feedback on time). So now I started a personal finance youtube channel before I read the millionaire fastlane , so bear with me as I preached some slowlane dogma. My channel has not been doing that well in my eyes, so what I really need is some harsh critical feedback so I can try to fix it. And yeah the best feedback would come from customers (as per example by MJ DeMarco), but I hardly have any subs or views so I almost dont have any feedback. So I figured you guys are my best bet, as we have the same goal. Allthough most of you are already paving the fastlane, and until now I was preaching slowlane stuff. But a lot of you guys have the knowledge to give feedback on my content.

So a bit of info about my personal finance channel, you know why I started it (I also have some video background), so what makes me different? Well I noticed all big personal finance youtubers were located in the US or the UK. I live in Belgium(Europe: for those dont know who invented the french fries and have the best wafles), so I figured that's a niche I could break into. Well most of my content so far has been quite universal as I was trying out a lot of different approaches, but I have a lot of topics already in mind that cover specific european countries. One of the problems is that there is no common language in Europe, so I chose English so I can target the biggest audience. As most of my target audience is below 40 and the chance that they speak English is so much higher. So I thought starting different side hustles and covering them in video's, but at the very start I noticed these video's take a lot of work/time. I have a full time job with a wife and 2 busy children, so I am doing my best to grind a video out every 2 weeks (or lately every week), so I dont have no time left to start big time consuming side hustles and keep creating these video's. Already had to drop one side hustle to make these video's, but I did so because the potential of youtube is far greater and my side hustle was just trading time for money. So I bet on this channel in the hope it turns out allright.

So I am not looking for views/likes or subs from you guys but I am looking for harsh critical feedback, as most feedback I get is "Your doing great, just keep at it". But it does not get me anywhere (especially when I noticed other channels blow up). I would love for some honest reactions even if the reactions will stomp me into the ground.

Because it is against the forum's rules, I will not share my channels name over here, which I totally understand and respect. But anybody that wants to review my channel and give honest feedback can send me a PM. You can leave the feedback in this topic afterwards, so it does not turn into a private chat.

Thanks a lot and mucho love!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Hello everyone,

I just read the millionaire fastlane (my favorite non fiction book!) and just started unscripted . These books are really inspirational, as I allways wanted to escape the sidewalkers/slowlane lane, I wish I read these 15 years ago, before wasting my time all those years with jobs I don't like. I started some small side hustle side hustles over the years, but none panned out really great. (Maybe one could have done ok, If I wasnt that stubborn and reacted to the feedback on time). So now I started a personal finance youtube channel before I read the millionaire fastlane , so bear with me as I preached some slowlane dogma. My channel has not been doing that well in my eyes, so what I really need is some harsh critical feedback so I can try to fix it. And yeah the best feedback would come from customers (as per example by MJ DeMarco), but I hardly have any subs or views so I almost dont have any feedback. So I figured you guys are my best bet, as we have the same goal. Allthough most of you are already paving the fastlane, and until now I was preaching slowlane stuff. But a lot of you guys have the knowledge to give feedback on my content.

So a bit of info about my personal finance channel, you know why I started it (I also have some video background), so what makes me different? Well I noticed all big personal finance youtubers were located in the US or the UK. I live in Belgium(Europe: for those dont know who invented the french fries and have the best wafles), so I figured that's a niche I could break into. Well most of my content so far has been quite universal as I was trying out a lot of different approaches, but I have a lot of topics already in mind that cover specific european countries. One of the problems is that there is no common language in Europe, so I chose English so I can target the biggest audience. As most of my target audience is below 40 and the chance that they speak English is so much higher. So I thought starting different side hustles and covering them in video's, but at the very start I noticed these video's take a lot of work/time. I have a full time job with a wife and 2 busy children, so I am doing my best to grind a video out every 2 weeks (or lately every week), so I dont have no time left to start big time consuming side hustles and keep creating these video's. Already had to drop one side hustle to make these video's, but I did so because the potential of youtube is far greater and my side hustle was just trading time for money. So I bet on this channel in the hope it turns out allright.

So I am not looking for views/likes or subs from you guys but I am looking for harsh critical feedback, as most feedback I get is "Your doing great, just keep at it". But it does not get me anywhere (especially when I noticed other channels blow up). I would love for some honest reactions even if the reactions will stomp me into the ground.

Because it is against the forum's rules, I will not share my channels name over here, which I totally understand and respect. But anybody that wants to review my channel and give honest feedback can send me a PM. You can leave the feedback in this topic afterwards, so it does not turn into a private chat.

Thanks a lot and mucho love!
Hello there,

or as you'd say in french; Bonjour monsieur, ca va? Not the best french piece of french lol but ey?

Great to see that you're taking action. YouTube is probably the safest one out of the big four social media platforms that are out there. FB and IG are a little harsh with their community guidelines while YouTube seems to be taking a much milder approach.

Obviously the greatest upside of doing YouTube is that once you grow, you won't be trading your time for money. That piece of content will exist outside your time, and the trend is only going to continue going up. There's more and more digitalization in the market. It has huge potential as it's definitely not going away anytime soon. You build your own FB groups, webinars, livestreams, funnels, courses and all of that. It's such a big industry.

What are you going to talk about on your channel that's related to personal finances? The fastlane strategies? That would be very interesting as almost no one is preaching them on the internet(maybe besides MJ and one other guy who's incredibly successful) , or are you going to be teaching some slowlane strategies? Perhaps both? You did say you were preaching them before, what are you talking about now?

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 26, 2021
What are you going to talk about on your channel that's related to personal finances? The fastlane strategies? That would be very interesting as almost no one is preaching them on the internet(maybe besides MJ and one other guy who's incredibly successful) , or are you going to be teaching some slowlane strategies? Perhaps both? You did say you were preaching them before, what are you talking about now?

Hello, thanks for reaching out!
haha ça va bien et toi? My mother tongue is dutch though.

Well I was thinking about covering specific topics of the most interesting european countries. Income tax in this country is... Capital gains taxes in this country are... You can skip these taxes if you apply for this.. The pay in this country is 2X higher then... If you are young move to this country for education, then move to this country to work, and move to this country when you are financial independent.

Or video's like "Don't expect college or university to get you rich", "Dont go to college, start a company instead" Allthough I recommend education, and in Europe its different then in the US. Education is almost free over here, allthough me and my parents expected me to get a high paying job because I got a degree. Well this might be true at some point of time. Its no longer true. Starting a company isnt always the answer either over here and depends on country to country to see what taxes apply.

But yes I picked some idea's up from MJ DeMarco, that I need to research further. A book review might also be a good idea, allthough I figure there are already book reviews online considering these are very popular books.

Last edited:

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
I’m sure if you sit down and just write with a pen and paper you can come up with 1000 video ideas in one day.

That’s not the problem.

Find your style, apply it to facts and storytelling and keep doing that.

How many videos do you have so far?

I’d love doing youtube myself but I let excuses get the best of me.
Although I speak English fluently, it is not my main language therefore I have an accent. I let that outweigh everything else when thinking of starting a channel.

It’s hard work, like everything else, but there are systems to be made and put in place to help you out.

Send me your channel

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
I’m sure if you sit down and just write with a pen and paper you can come up with 1000 video ideas in one day.

That’s not the problem.

Find your style, apply it to facts and storytelling and keep doing that.

How many videos do you have so far?

I’d love doing youtube myself but I let excuses get the best of me.
Although I speak English fluently, it is not my main language therefore I have an accent. I let that outweigh everything else when thinking of starting a channel.

It’s hard work, like everything else, but there are systems to be made and put in place to help you out.

Send me your channel
Keep doing what you do.

Find interesting topics and create a system with a good intro, quick transitions etc for easier editing.

You put in the work once, then you you can use that as a template and only do minor things.

Let us know when you hit 100 videos.

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 26, 2021
Keep doing what you do.

Find interesting topics and create a system with a good intro, quick transitions etc for easier editing.

You put in the work once, then you you can use that as a template and only do minor things.

Let us know when you hit 100 videos.
Thanks will do!

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 26, 2021
Do you remember which one is the other guy? Might be worth checking him out?

Thanks a lot!

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo

Nique

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 16, 2022
Hi,
Could you send me your youtube channel name. I'm curious about your channel.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.