The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help w/ Google Sheets

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
I'm trying to build a list on Google Sheets with some very specific protections, permissions, and automations. I'm not even sure Google Sheets is capable of doing everything I'm trying to do. Anyway, if there's a Google Sheets expert on here, I'd love to ask you some questions.

The first question I have is: is it possible to have an entire sheet protected, and then when someone wants to add to a column, they have to request permission -> but requesting permission brings them to a list of questions, that when submitted, I can approve or disprove. If approved, they get access to add to that one column.

I know that sounds a bit convoluted, but I'd appreciate any help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm trying to build a list on Google Sheets with some very specific protections, permissions, and automations. I'm not even sure Google Sheets is capable of doing everything I'm trying to do. Anyway, if there's a Google Sheets expert on here, I'd love to ask you some questions.

The first question I have is: is it possible to have an entire sheet protected, and then when someone wants to add to a column, they have to request permission -> but requesting permission brings them to a list of questions, that when submitted, I can approve or disprove. If approved, they get access to add to that one column.

I know that sounds a bit convoluted, but I'd appreciate any help.
What about a Google Form that adds new entries to a Google Sheet? I can’t visualise what you’re trying to do. Maybe new entries to that Google Sheet are eyeballed by you and then added by you to the master document?

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Create a project on Upwork. Many skilled google sheets people there that could solve this in a few hours.

sonny_1080

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
What about a Google Form that adds new entries to a Google Sheet? I can’t visualise what you’re trying to do. Maybe new entries to that Google Sheet are eyeballed by you and then added by you to the master document?
I think this can work. I’ll keep you updated!

sonny_1080

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
What volume of data are you dealing with? How frequently will the sheet be updated?
Not enough data for Hevo. I checked that link out. I'm just creating a list of user-generated content that I can monitor by making sure edits are protected unless granted permission.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Andy Black

My audience wants to call it sonnyslist. They made a #sonnyslist.

I really don't like that lol.
You can say thanks and name it something else. They’re people who know you. Maybe it won’t work for people who don’t know you. Saying that, it worked for a fella called Craig.

sonny_1080

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
You can say thanks and name it something else. They’re people who know you. Maybe it won’t work for people who don’t know you. Saying that, it worked for a fella called Craig.
And angie lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.