The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello World 2.0

Doc Brown

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Mar 13, 2019
Hello,

I'm joining this forum to expand my pursuit of independent wealth. I am a tinker, dreamer, and free spirit. My background is in Computer Science and Software Engineering. I love my craft but after a few years in the industry I'm realizing this is crap job (albeit a high paying one). I make good money but have no time for the things I care about and no leverage to live life while I am young. I heard the words "independent wealth" a few years ago and became obsessed with achieving it. I have no business savvy and no clue how to turn ideas in my head into value for other people which yields profit to me. I hope this forum is a place I can grow and make progress on this journey.

P.S. I found this forum by reading TMF .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you have a lot of good practical experience in your field, you just need to learn how to apply it.

Hang around, check out some progress/execution threads and you'll start to get a handle on how to convert the ideas in your head into real business opportunities.

You have a set of skills in one of the most important areas on earth today, now concentrate on building up some sales and marketing skills and you'll be unstoppable!

Check out @eliquid and his excellent thread GOLD! - Ask Me Anything About SaaS ( I'm building my 7th )

Also check out @Fox and his rocking Web School. He is also a tech whizz and changed his life by using his knowledge to break the scripted mould.

Good luck, and hope to see you around!

Doc Brown

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Mar 13, 2019
Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you have a lot of good practical experience in your field, you just need to learn how to apply it.

Hang around, check out some progress/execution threads and you'll start to get a handle on how to convert the ideas in your head into real business opportunities.

You have a set of skills in one of the most important areas on earth today, now concentrate on building up some sales and marketing skills and you'll be unstoppable!

Check out @eliquid and his excellent thread GOLD! - Ask Me Anything About SaaS ( I'm building my 7th )

Also check out @Fox and his rocking Web School. He is also a tech whizz and changed his life by using his knowledge to break the scripted mould.

Good luck, and hope to see you around!

Super helpful, thanks @Roli !!

Also, as a more experienced community member what are your thoughts on sharing/vetting ideas and plans (obviously not for promotional purposes). I know that any idea I have has almost certainly occurred to someone else before. I'm curious about the risks of being open to make progress vs. keeping things close to the breast and stagnating with an idea.

Last edited:

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
what are your thoughts on sharing/vetting ideas and plans (obviously not for promotional purposes).

There are two sides to the forum, the public one and the INSIDERS part. I would never share direct details of your idea on the outside, and would be wary even on the inside.

However you can be general in order to get help; so for instance you might find a product to sell on your website and on Amazon. In that case you would be open about that and say that you're looking to set up an import business and your costs are X and your profits are Y.

You could even go into details like, my product is in pet care....

Ultimately you don't want every man and his dog copying you if you come across an ultra successful niche that hardly anyone is doing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...