• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Hello World 2.0

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Doc Brown, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Doc Brown

Doc Brown New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $92
    Hello,

I'm joining this forum to expand my pursuit of independent wealth. I am a tinker, dreamer, and free spirit. My background is in Computer Science and Software Engineering. I love my craft but after a few years in the industry I'm realizing this is crap job (albeit a high paying one). I make good money but have no time for the things I care about and no leverage to live life while I am young. I heard the words "independent wealth" a few years ago and became obsessed with achieving it. I have no business savvy and no clue how to turn ideas in my head into value for other people which yields profit to me. I hope this forum is a place I can grow and make progress on this journey.

P.S. I found this forum by reading TMF.

RazorCut and Roli like this.
  2. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,887
    Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you have a lot of good practical experience in your field, you just need to learn how to apply it.

Hang around, check out some progress/execution threads and you'll start to get a handle on how to convert the ideas in your head into real business opportunities.

You have a set of skills in one of the most important areas on earth today, now concentrate on building up some sales and marketing skills and you'll be unstoppable!

Check out @eliquid and his excellent thread GOLD! - Ask Me Anything About SaaS ( I'm building my 7th )

Also check out @Fox and his rocking Web School. He is also a tech whizz and changed his life by using his knowledge to break the scripted mould.

Good luck, and hope to see you around!

eliquid, Doc Brown and RazorCut like this.
  3. Doc Brown

Doc Brown New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $92
    Super helpful, thanks @Roli !!

Also, as a more experienced community member what are your thoughts on sharing/vetting ideas and plans (obviously not for promotional purposes). I know that any idea I have has almost certainly occurred to someone else before. I'm curious about the risks of being open to make progress vs. keeping things close to the breast and stagnating with an idea.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Roli likes this.
  4. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,887
    There are two sides to the forum, the public one and the Insider part. I would never share direct details of your idea on the outside, and would be wary even on the inside.

However you can be general in order to get help; so for instance you might find a product to sell on your website and on Amazon. In that case you would be open about that and say that you're looking to set up an import business and your costs are X and your profits are Y.

You could even go into details like, my product is in pet care....

Ultimately you don't want every man and his dog copying you if you come across an ultra successful niche that hardly anyone is doing.

Doc Brown likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.