The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello! Nice to meet you (designer/artist/money enthusiast)

raywhite

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 19, 2023
Nashville, TN
Hi, I’m an art director and graphic designer living in Nashville, TN. I have already learned so much from the Millionaire Fastlane (I’m halfway through) that I figured I should join the forum.

Just curious, are there any fellow designers or artists out there? Would love to hear what you’re working on!

Thanks for the awesome book and forum @MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MarcoAguilar

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 24, 2022
Mexico
First of all welcome to the forum and wish you luck on your journey.

Probably not what you expected since im 16 years old but I kind of consider myself an artist. Most of my day is spent drawing (around 6 hours a day) and doing architecture stuff. One of my dreams has always been opening a small animation studio so I could produce works I liked (Cartoons, short films and all of that). Hopefully some years into the future the fastlane will help me not worry about the money aspect of animation.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Hi, I’m an art director and graphic designer living in Nashville, TN. I have already learned so much from the Millionaire Fastlane (I’m halfway through) that I figured I should join the forum.

Just curious, are there any fellow designers or artists out there? Would love to hear what you’re working on!

I've been a graphic/web designer for a decade+, and I think BellaPippin is an artist.
Doing generative AI art and making spare change with it while searching for places to "add value" lol

raywhite

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 19, 2023
Nashville, TN
First of all welcome to the forum and wish you luck on your journey.

Probably not what you expected since im 16 years old but I kind of consider myself an artist. Most of my day is spent drawing (around 6 hours a day) and doing architecture stuff. One of my dreams has always been opening a small animation studio so I could produce works I liked (Cartoons, short films and all of that). Hopefully some years into the future the fastlane will help me not worry about the money aspect of animation.
Marco that is awesome! It’s great you’re getting an early start on all this. You can do it man. Thanks for saying hey!

raywhite

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 19, 2023
Nashville, TN
I've been a graphic/web designer for a decade+, and I think BellaPippin is an artist.
Doing generative AI art and making spare change with it while searching for places to "add value" lol
Hells yeah, designers represent! For the AI work, are you doing commissions or uploading to stock sites or something like those?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Hells yeah, designers represent! For the AI work, are you doing commissions or uploading to stock sites or something like those?

Neither. I sell them as one-off designs lol It's takes up time per piece and far from passive, but the selling rate is higher than stock ones. Not a long term goal though unless it can be scaled.

raywhite

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 19, 2023
Nashville, TN
Marco that is awesome! It’s great you’re getting an early start on all this. You can do it man. Thanks for saying hey!
A friend of mine’s dad actually worked as an animator for Disney for a long time, and now animates for the company that does VeggieTales. Such a cool business
Neither. I sell them as one-off designs lol It's takes up time per piece and far from passive, but the selling rate is higher than stock ones. Not a long term goal though unless it can be scaled.
Gotcha. That’s really cool you’ve been making some money doing that. Yeah I’m really interested in ways to make design work scalable, because design is my core competency. It seems like inventing products, and selling art through major art galleries could be good uses of our skills. Will do a CENTS analysis on the art idea soon lol, I’m still reading the books.

MarcoAguilar

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 24, 2022
Mexico
A friend of mine’s dad actually worked as an animator for Disney for a long time, and now animates for the company that does VeggieTales. Such a cool business
It indeed is a cool buisness, and for many years it was my dream to be a Disney animator, but then I learned about the Scripted mindset and that I actually didn´t want a 9-5 job, so I´m going the independent route.

Changing the topic, im curious about your experience as an art director and how could you use your knowledge of that area to provide value. Would you say you have identified problems in your job that you could solve and be paid for?

raywhite

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 19, 2023
Nashville, TN
It indeed is a cool buisness, and for many years it was my dream to be a Disney animator, but then I learned about the Scripted mindset and that I actually didn´t want a 9-5 job, so I´m going the independent route.

Changing the topic, im curious about your experience as an art director and how could you use your knowledge of that area to provide value. Would you say you have identified problems in your job that you could solve and be paid for?
That’s cool! Yeah why not start your own studio.

A big problem I’ve identified relates to InDesign training - there are lots of videos online about specific skills within the program, but not about entire workflows. I was able to cut down my work each day from ~8.5 hrs to 3 with a few tweaks recently, but it was hard. There aren’t many online resources on this subject, so there might be some opportunity there.

Also within the creative field, I’ve been using my creativity to brainstorm invention ideas and will be prototyping a cat toy next week when I get my supplies. (Check out the chapter about inventing in Millionaire Fastlane when you can!)

We’re lucky man - we’ve both got creativity, which seems to drive this whole process.

Eurojanek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 9, 2020
Same here, although I did some dropshipping also, but the margins are quite slim on those - not worth the hustle.

Last edited:

ensoniq2k

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 15, 2021
Germany (South-West)
Also within the creative field, I’ve been using my creativity to brainstorm invention ideas and will be prototyping a cat toy next week when I get my supplies.
What's your cat toy about? I've developed a laser toy for months now and am close to release (Germany only for a start).

Lawstewart

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 11, 2024

Cgi Artist and designer here, recently ready all 3 books as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...