The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from the UK.

SkipperOfOdyssey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 24, 2018
UK
Hi all,
I am a newbie from the UK. For 19 years I worked for myself in the IT industry and enjoyed the finances that went with it but due to various reasons I decided to give up my long days and work for an employer to benefit from holiday pay, sick pay, shares, 9 to 5 etc of which you don't get being self employed.

Nearly two years in, I have realised working for someone else is certainly not for me and there has to be a better way of life for me and my family. I have always wanted to do something else and the "Passive Income" model is what I will be spending most of my time investigating so I can set up my businesses and spend more time with my family.

I hope to learn a lot from members of the Fastlane Forum and look forward to chatting with you soon.

Good luck all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi all,
I am a newbie from the UK. For 19 years I worked for myself in the IT industry and enjoyed the finances that went with it but due to various reasons I decided to give up my long days and work for an employer to benefit from holiday pay, sick pay, shares, 9 to 5 etc of which you don't get being self employed.

Nearly two years in, I have realised working for someone else is certainly not for me and there has to be a better way of life for me and my family. I have always wanted to do something else and the "Passive Income" model is what I will be spending most of my time investigating so I can set up my businesses and spend more time with my family.

I hope to learn a lot from members of the Fastlane Forum and look forward to chatting with you soon.

Good luck all.
Welcome. Similar story to mine. I was an IT contractor for 10 years in the UK/Ireland. Took a couple of jobs to reskill and then went back contracting. Then freelancing. Now building a business, with *automated* income. (Don't be seduced by all those promises of passive income. There's usually a lot of hard work needed to get there.)

The first radio interview in my signature might interest you. I talk about getting out of being an Oracle DBA. The first part of a recorded call with Almantas goes into more detail on why I got out of IT contracting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...