The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Hello from the UK.

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

SkipperOfOdyssey

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Jan 24, 2018
UK
Hi all,
I am a newbie from the UK. For 19 years I worked for myself in the IT industry and enjoyed the finances that went with it but due to various reasons I decided to give up my long days and work for an employer to benefit from holiday pay, sick pay, shares, 9 to 5 etc of which you don't get being self employed.

Nearly two years in, I have realised working for someone else is certainly not for me and there has to be a better way of life for me and my family. I have always wanted to do something else and the "Passive Income" model is what I will be spending most of my time investigating so I can set up my businesses and spend more time with my family.

I hope to learn a lot from members of the Fastlane Forum and look forward to chatting with you soon.

Good luck all.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi all,
I am a newbie from the UK. For 19 years I worked for myself in the IT industry and enjoyed the finances that went with it but due to various reasons I decided to give up my long days and work for an employer to benefit from holiday pay, sick pay, shares, 9 to 5 etc of which you don't get being self employed.

Nearly two years in, I have realised working for someone else is certainly not for me and there has to be a better way of life for me and my family. I have always wanted to do something else and the "Passive Income" model is what I will be spending most of my time investigating so I can set up my businesses and spend more time with my family.

I hope to learn a lot from members of the Fastlane Forum and look forward to chatting with you soon.

Good luck all.
Welcome. Similar story to mine. I was an IT contractor for 10 years in the UK/Ireland. Took a couple of jobs to reskill and then went back contracting. Then freelancing. Now building a business, with *automated* income. (Don't be seduced by all those promises of passive income. There's usually a lot of hard work needed to get there.)

The first radio interview in my signature might interest you. I talk about getting out of being an Oracle DBA. The first part of a recorded call with Almantas goes into more detail on why I got out of IT contracting.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
I read it yesterday, looks like a nice introduction for reading TFM or Unscripted. ; ) Also...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Top Bottom