The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from The Netherlands

Fabio1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 18, 2018
Hello everyone,

I recently came back from a vacation in Croatia, where I experienced TMFL in a methaphorical way. It was the first time after reading the book that I really could 'feel' the difference between process and event.

Our goal was a cave somewhere high in a mountain at Paklenica National Park. At the entrance there was a young boy pointing at the pictures of the cave he absolutely wanted to visit. After his mom said that he had to be a little more patient because it was going to take a while and quite some effort, he began to scream. "I don't want to walk all the way up, I only want to visit the cave".

While I was climbing step by step the way up to the entrance of the cave and the sun was gettong hotter and hotter, I realized that this was TMFL pur sang.

Putting in effort is a prerequisite to enjoy the event, and the content of the glass is determined by the amount of steps that are taken. Most people won't even think of taking the first steps that are needed and keep walking in the herd at the base of the trees. The higher you get, the more beautiful the view.

I'm still reading unscripted and working on the mindshift that is needed to climb up the metaphorical mountain. It's not easy but nobody has claimed that it would be. Thanks MJ for being the road sign on the foot of the mountain.

My apologies for my English, I am Dutch.

Kind regards,

Fabio

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Fabio!

My apologies for my English, I am Dutch.

No worries, you did great!

Our goal was a cave somewhere high in a mountain at Paklenica National Park. At the entrance there was a young boy pointing at the pictures of the cave he absolutely wanted to visit. After his mom said that he had to be a little more patient because it was going to take a while and quite some effort, he began to scream. "I don't want to walk all the way up, I only want to visit the cave".

You just discovered the reason why most people never accomplish anything. Thanks for sharing!

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Funny, I always have the exact same thoughts when climbing a mountain.

Speaking of Paklenica...

Last year we also climbed to the caves. When arriving, just turning back seemed boring for us, so we walked further into the mountains. With only 2 liters of water for 2 persons, I thought I was going to find some wells on the road...

... but we didn't.

It was 40 degrees C and we had to walk for 5 more hours in the sun. Totally dehydrated, not a single other person to be found.

After a few hours we finally came into the village where an old Croatian lady took care of us after we nearly collapsed. Never thought a glass of water could taste so good.

Lesson learned: this year I bought a water bag of 3 liter :smile2:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...