The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Colorado

franklynroth

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2018
Boulder, CO
Hey everyone,
I originally found out about the Fastlaneforum through @Fox, I am enrolled in his Foxwebschool INSIDERS course and am just getting off the ground on my first few clients. I had some time and read @MJ DeMarco 's book in about 2 sittings. It was amazing.

A little about me, I am a web developer working a desk job in Boulder, CO. (Currently slow lane) I build finance tools. If you've ever looked up a stock quote, all that data, charts, graphs etc. that comes back is what I build. The job pays well, has good benefits, and nice work life balance..but It is not fast lane.

I've always been pretty good with my money, save about 30-60% of my income each month. I hustled a few hobby side jobs on nights and weekends such as helping people move, delivering pizzas for domino's, and my favorite, dog sitting. I have a handful of steady clients, I stay in their home while they are away, drink their beer eat their food, take care of their dogs and they are happy to pay my $65/night rate. I'm booked about 80 days out of the year..but it is not fast lane. (and as I just learned in the book violates a few rules CENTS).

About 6 months ago I bought my first rental property. A SFH in the mid-west that brings in $975/month. I have hired a property manager to take care of the day to day and the tenant has just released for another year. It has been my first foray into passive income and I'm liking it. It just takes a lot of capital to do over and over again.(II as described in the book).

Thanks for reading. I'm glad to be here and I plan to follow through with Fox's INSIDERS group, make money and (II) more into passive real estate or wealth 1.0. Looking forward to executing more and more of my ideas and become financially independent.

-Franklyn

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hey everyone,
I originally found out about the Fastlaneforum through @Fox, I am enrolled in his Foxwebschool INSIDERS course and am just getting off the ground on my first few clients. I had some time and read @MJ DeMarco 's book in about 2 sittings. It was amazing.

A little about me, I am a web developer working a desk job in Boulder, CO. (Currently slow lane) I build finance tools. If you've ever looked up a stock quote, all that data, charts, graphs etc. that comes back is what I build. The job pays well, has good benefits, and nice work life balance..but It is not fast lane.

I've always been pretty good with my money, save about 30-60% of my income each month. I hustled a few hobby side jobs on nights and weekends such as helping people move, delivering pizzas for domino's, and my favorite, dog sitting. I have a handful of steady clients, I stay in their home while they are away, drink their beer eat their food, take care of their dogs and they are happy to pay my $65/night rate. I'm booked about 80 days out of the year..but it is not fast lane. (and as I just learned in the book violates a few rules CENTS).

About 6 months ago I bought my first rental property. A SFH in the mid-west that brings in $975/month. I have hired a property manager to take care of the day to day and the tenant has just released for another year. It has been my first foray into passive income and I'm liking it. It just takes a lot of capital to do over and over again.(II as described in the book).

Thanks for reading. I'm glad to be here and I plan to follow through with Fox's INSIDERS group, make money and (II) more into passive real estate or wealth 1.0. Looking forward to executing more and more of my ideas and become financially independent.

-Franklyn

Welcome Franklyn - already flying it. Great intro post and cool to have you join the forum. Tag me if you need me.

Try check out who here is in boulder too. I’m sure there are some people here who would like to meet up.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE