What's new

Hello all. How do you know if your business idea is truly creating value?

Idea threads

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

kz-bass

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jun 17, 2020
Messages
2
Location
England
Rep Bank
$110
User Power: 150%
I like to jokingly call myself a career student. I’m in my late 20s, have a doctorate in physics, and currently work as a software engineer. Having finally joined the work force, and a relatively low paying job (compared to my contemporaries), I began to realise that even though I might grow, and ‘earn’ pay raises, the amount of time and value I put into peoples companies as it stands, will never truly be proportional to what they pay me as a salaried employee.

The straw that broke the camels back; so to speak, was reading UNSCRIPTED . I found myself nodding so vigorously while reading, that I got a neck sprain (I’m fine now). However I really got me thinking, and I began to reconsider my definition of freedom and financial success.

I don’t however, want to be an entrepreneur for the sake of it. I do believe that the fulfilment comes from creating true value. I agree with MJ where he said that you don’t have to love or use the product you create, but you want to ”impact millions to make millions”.

I have a few ideas for creating software services that could be useful in couple of industries. I’m not currently at liberty to drop everything and throw myself in head on, however, being a single man with no dependants, I do have some free time to pursue these avenues. These ideas already have established tools, that probably perform better than anything I can create in the short term. I have read in a few places that one should not be afraid to go into an industry that already has players, but how important is it to INNOVATE when you are a new player? What if one isn’t able to create something that is very different from what is already available? Are there any other considerations? Or do I just need to go back to the drawing board.

I have heard many good things about this forum, and I’m very happy to be part of it. Hello everyone.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O moli vu kulophmz demm nztimg e desiis tvafipv. O’n op nz mevi 20t, jewi e fudvusevi op qjztodt, epf dassipvmz xusl et e tugvxesi iphopiis. Jewoph gopemmz kuopif vji xusl gusdi, epf e simevowimz mux qezoph kuc (dunqesif vu nz dupvinqusesoit), O cihep vu siemoti vjev iwip vjuahj O nohjv hsux, epf ‘iesp’ qez seotit, vji enuapv ug voni epf wemai O qav opvu qiuqmit dunqepoit et ov tvepft, xomm piwis vsamz ci qsuqusvoupem vu xjev vjiz qez ni et e temesoif inqmuzii.

Vji tvsex vjev csuli vji denimt cedl; tu vu tqiel, xet siefoph APTDSOQVIF. O guapf nztimg puffoph tu wohusuatmz xjomi siefoph, vjev O huv e pidl tqseop (O’n gopi pux). Juxiwis O siemmz huv ni vjoploph, epf O cihep vu siduptofis nz figopovoup ug gsiifun epf gopepdoem tadditt.

O fup’v juxiwis, xepv vu ci ep ipvsiqsipias gus vji teli ug ov. O fu cimoiwi vjev vji gamgomnipv dunit gsun dsievoph vsai wemai. O ehsii xovj NK xjisi ji teof vjev zua fup’v jewi vu muwi us ati vji qsufadv zua dsievi, cav zua xepv vu ”onqedv nommoupt vu neli nommoupt”.

O jewi e gix ofiet gus dsievoph tugvxesi tiswodit vjev duamf ci atigam op duaqmi ug opfatvsoit. O’n puv dassipvmz ev mocisvz vu fsuq iwiszvjoph epf vjsux nztimg op jief up, juxiwis, cioph e tophmi nep xovj pu fiqipfepvt, O fu jewi tuni gsii voni vu qastai vjiti ewipait. Vjiti ofiet emsiefz jewi itvecmotjif vuumt, vjev qsucecmz qisgusn civvis vjep epzvjoph O dep dsievi op vji tjusv visn. O jewi sief op e gix qmedit vjev upi tjuamf puv ci egseof vu hu opvu ep opfatvsz vjev emsiefz jet qmezist, cav jux onqusvepv ot ov vu OPPUWEVI xjip zua esi e pix qmezis? Xjev og upi otp’v ecmi vu dsievi tunivjoph vjev ot wisz foggisipv gsun xjev ot emsiefz eweomecmi? Esi vjisi epz uvjis duptofisevoupt? Us fu O katv piif vu hu cedl vu vji fsexoph cuesf.

O jewi jiesf nepz huuf vjopht ecuav vjot gusan, epf O’n wisz jeqqz vu ci qesv ug ov. Jimmu iwiszupi.

O siemmz ipkuz vji efwodi ug nepz qiuqmi up vjot gusan. E gewusovi sidipvmz deni gsun vji Qufdetv vjev Lel fuit. O en qeseqjsetoph jisi cav "Vji tophmi nutv onqusvepv vjoph ot vu katv tvesv". Hiv uav vjisi epf fsex uav zuas ofie. Tii xjev qiuqmi jisi, op zuas opfatvsz, op uvjis gusant vjopl. Vsz uav e qsuvuvzqi epf tii jux qiuqmi ipkuz ov. Vji nesliv xomm vimm zua xjev ov xepvt.

Xjev og upi otp'v ecmi vu dsievi tunivjoph vjev ot wisz foggisipv gsun xjev ot emsiefz eweomecmi?
Ximm...zua fup'v jewi vu. NK jet atif ep iyenqmi ug e taqqminipv qsufadv cigusi. E taqqminipv qsufadv atif e jiemvjois emvispevowi vu dumus vjios qsufadv. Taqis foggisipv? Puqi. Ipuahj vu tviem tuni nesliv tjesi gsun vjios dunqivovust? Zua civdje.
 
Etl zuas datvunist, vjiz'mm vimm zua.

Vji upmz vjoph vjev nevvist ot vjev vji nesliv ot jeqqz. Epf puv "Uj O katv cuahjv epf O'n iydovif" jeqqz, cav "Vjot qsufadv/tiswodi edvaemmz fof xjev O xepvif ov vu fu, epf nusi, epf nz mogi ot civvis ugg gus ov".

Tu, hiv datvunist epf miv vjin vimm zua. Epf puv iwisz datvunis ot huoph vu ci jeqqz us hiv wemai uav ug ov: vji onqusvepv vjoph ot vjev nutv qiuqmi xju caz hiv wemai uav ug ov. Og iwiszupi tezt zuas vjoph tadlt, vjip ov tadlt epf zua piif vu djephi ov.

Emtu, vu e nesliv, oppuwevoup ot katv "O'wi piwis iyqisoipdif vjot cigusi", puv "Ov't piwis ciip fupi cigusi". Eqqmi oppuwevif cz timmoph ep oQjupi vjev xet katv e movvmi cohhis (ele vji oQef). Huuhmi oppuwevif cz qsuwofoph e tiesdj iphopi vjev xuslif tmohjvmz foggisipvmz vjep Emvewotve. Nubomme oppuwevif cz neloph e xic csuxtis vjev xet gsii epf uqip tuasdi, emmuxoph fiwimuqist vu neli vji xic csuxtis VJIZ xepvif. Pupi ug vjiti vjopht xisi pix.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom