The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Hello all from Maryland!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

PorscheDude

New Contributor
Nov 5, 2007
Potomac, Maryland
I am a 22 year old entrepreneur who is very serious about starting a used car dealership. Im not your typical 22 year old however, I was a top notch student at the school of engineering at the University of Michigan, when I recently just made an ill-advised decision to drop out and pursue a business. I plan on finishing my degree one day (more for social reasons that anything else), but right now starting my own company will be much more satisfying and rewarding.

I am very blessed to have well off parents who fully supported my decisions. Since I was not completely dedicaded to school, I decided I would save my parents some money and began discussing my business idea with my dad.

Now Im in the planning and research phase of my startup. I hope to gain much incite about the habits and methodology of all the rich self made people on this site. I am a firm believer that if you act the part, you will begin to become the who you want to be.

I know with hard work and persistance anything is possible!

Karl J.

(some of you might know me from lambopower :smxB:)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

GBGallardo

New Contributor
Nov 5, 2007
I am 47 years old and have been in the car business for a long time.

I started my own dealership at age 31 and since then have been VERY successful.

We sell on average about 60-70 cars a month. Used to do well over 100 but when 9/11 hit, things went down.

We sell your average Dodge, Ford, Chevy, and other general makes. And ofcourse you have to have a few hot rides too!

I drive a Cadillac CTS-V currently. My wife drives an 06 Range Rover HSE. My son (16) drives a Mitsubishi EVO 8. Our exotic ride is a Gallardo coupe. Next will be a Bentley Continental GT :thumbsup: I am really liking those lately, and most practical in PA

My son also works for me, he runs our eBay / AutoTrader unit. He does a heck of a job selling cars online...just this week he sold a Cadillac to Arizona...350z to San Diego...and another EVO to Columbus, OH. Check out his current auctions on eBay here:
http://www.carad.com/showroom/showroom.cfm?user_number=9775549&sc=0&mode=0

He also runs two websites that generate money from Google Adsense. He is on the right path with everything...

That's just a little bit about me

If you ever need help with anything PM me.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Welcome! My brother is also 22 and attends the UMich School of Engineering. He'll be graduating this spring.

Congrats on having the right mindset. It takes guts to drop out of such a prestigious school without anything firmly in place, but if you work at it and stay focused, you will be successful.

Glad to have ya aboard!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
I read it yesterday, looks like a nice introduction for reading TFM or Unscripted. ; ) Also...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Top Bottom