The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello all from Maryland!

PorscheDude

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 5, 2007
Potomac, Maryland
I am a 22 year old entrepreneur who is very serious about starting a used car dealership. Im not your typical 22 year old however, I was a top notch student at the school of engineering at the University of Michigan, when I recently just made an ill-advised decision to drop out and pursue a business. I plan on finishing my degree one day (more for social reasons that anything else), but right now starting my own company will be much more satisfying and rewarding.

I am very blessed to have well off parents who fully supported my decisions. Since I was not completely dedicaded to school, I decided I would save my parents some money and began discussing my business idea with my dad.

Now Im in the planning and research phase of my startup. I hope to gain much incite about the habits and methodology of all the rich self made people on this site. I am a firm believer that if you act the part, you will begin to become the who you want to be.

I know with hard work and persistance anything is possible!

Karl J.

(some of you might know me from lambopower :smxB:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GBGallardo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 5, 2007
I am 47 years old and have been in the car business for a long time.

I started my own dealership at age 31 and since then have been VERY successful.

We sell on average about 60-70 cars a month. Used to do well over 100 but when 9/11 hit, things went down.

We sell your average Dodge, Ford, Chevy, and other general makes. And ofcourse you have to have a few hot rides too!

I drive a Cadillac CTS-V currently. My wife drives an 06 Range Rover HSE. My son (16) drives a Mitsubishi EVO 8. Our exotic ride is a Gallardo coupe. Next will be a Bentley Continental GT :thumbsup: I am really liking those lately, and most practical in PA

My son also works for me, he runs our eBay / AutoTrader unit. He does a heck of a job selling cars online...just this week he sold a Cadillac to Arizona...350z to San Diego...and another EVO to Columbus, OH. Check out his current auctions on eBay here:
http://www.carad.com/showroom/showroom.cfm?user_number=9775549&sc=0&mode=0

He also runs two websites that generate money from Google Adsense. He is on the right path with everything...

That's just a little bit about me

If you ever need help with anything PM me.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Whats up Karl,Met you on Mark R's lotus Run

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Welcome! My brother is also 22 and attends the UMich School of Engineering. He'll be graduating this spring.

Congrats on having the right mindset. It takes guts to drop out of such a prestigious school without anything firmly in place, but if you work at it and stay focused, you will be successful.

Glad to have ya aboard!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007