After MJ mentioned Harry Browne and his book 'The Secret of Selling Anything', I stumbled upon his other books and I read them ('How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World' and at the moment, 'Rule your world'). He's a very impressive man and I really like his thoughts. In his books he mentions, that there is no competition between people and even companies. Literally he says:
Since every individual is different and has different tastes and desires, and since every company will necessarily be different, there is really no such thing in this world as competition as it is normally thought of.
In love, he is absolutely right. But regarding companies, businesses and economy this sounds a bit strange to me. What do you think about this? I have to admit his statements feel like taking off a big burden and pressure of one's shoulders. I'm really curious what your thoughts are.
Since every individual is different and has different tastes and desires, and since every company will necessarily be different, there is really no such thing in this world as competition as it is normally thought of.
In love, he is absolutely right. But regarding companies, businesses and economy this sounds a bit strange to me. What do you think about this? I have to admit his statements feel like taking off a big burden and pressure of one's shoulders. I'm really curious what your thoughts are.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

