The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Eisenstein

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Dec 1, 2017
Heidelberg, Germany
After MJ mentioned Harry Browne and his book 'The Secret of Selling Anything', I stumbled upon his other books and I read them ('How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World' and at the moment, 'Rule your world'). He's a very impressive man and I really like his thoughts. In his books he mentions, that there is no competition between people and even companies. Literally he says:

Since every individual is different and has different tastes and desires, and since every company will necessarily be different, there is really no such thing in this world as competition as it is normally thought of.

In love, he is absolutely right. But regarding companies, businesses and economy this sounds a bit strange to me. What do you think about this? I have to admit his statements feel like taking off a big burden and pressure of one's shoulders. I'm really curious what your thoughts are.

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

OMDA

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 21, 2017
WA
My apologies for the low-res photo, but it's an old one of mine that is relevant.
Take a look over this. It's from on top of a hill in Paris on a sunny day where you can see for miles.
What do you see?

Millions of people.
Millions of ideas, desires, thoughts, dreams.

All within eyesight because at that moment, I was on a hill, in nice weather, in a populated area.

Each person there wants something different. They may not want what BigBox Company A wants. They may want something that they consider special. Something that speaks to them, personally, in a way.

But they haven't found what they are looking for yet.

How many of these millions of people want what I have to offer in a way that other companies or individuals cannot offer them? How do I reach them?

These are the fundamental questions. Because, if I or you offer them something that they simply do not want or cannot get from someone else, there is no competition.

But neither them or us will will know it until we get in contact and discover each other.

Until then, they're out there, waiting and dreaming of something different. Maybe buying something they don't truly love or enjoy because they haven't found a better option yet. 10102566050131781.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Post thread…

Search the Forum

New Topics

FASTLANE INSIDERS

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.