The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gulf side of Florida taking my next steps in marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
Hello everyone,

Can't wait to read through everyone's introductions and why you are all joining as well!

Currently working as an advertising account executive, but looking to expand into some sort of promotion business. Still deciding on what industry and what niche, but experimenting with things right now. Hoping to gain more insight by reading these amazing threads on here. For now holding my tongue on asking questions until I get used to this forum, don't want to be redundant of other threads.

For now if you have any threads you'd recommend reading on picking a niche I'd love to check em out! (though I'll be searching the stickies myself as well)

Very excited to be a part of this forum

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Welcome to the forum. First, have you read the book?

It's less about picking a niche vs finding a need. The need will determine the niche.

For example, I always wanted to get into the tech niche, but my current idea solves a need in the food industry. Completely unrelated. But it was a lightbulb moment.

Spend a week or two just observing and listening to conversations. Look for that moment where you say "why isn't anyone doing this?" Or "there's got to be a better way to do this". You'll find your need right there. And, if you're doing this while you're at work, a bonus, because it might already be in a niche you know well.

Also, glad to see another Florida guy here. We have a pretty decent group of people in Florida and hold meetups in Tampa every so often.

Look forward to your contributions on the forum.

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
I have not yet, just joined last night but I watched a summary of it on youtube... once I finish this last book it's up next.

Meetups would be great to attend, I live just outside of Tampa would love to join. How can I be sure I don't miss the next one?

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
Right now I am halfway through the book... and it's slowly coming together. I can say going from working labor jobs-going to nursing school-dropping out because I knew there was better-working at a startup (currently)... I am pulling into the on ramp right now to get on the highway.

Going to try to update this post as I go through my journey.

One thing that it speaks a lot on is the influence of parents and society on you, which rings very true to me. When having dinner with my parents I brought up that I was dropping out of nursing school.. not following in my mom's footsteps. I told them I wanted to get into business, and become an entrepreneur because it made sense. I remember my mom almost choked and yelled out "what are you even going to sell?" lol. They were furious.

Parents really want the best for you though! They have been just so immensely influenced, and especially if they're getting old they want to leave the earth knowing their child is secure. So I completely understand it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Welcome to the forum. Glad to see another Tampa area person on the forum.

As for picking a niche, you won't find many threads like that on here. You should focus more on the mindset threads and apply that mindset to something that you are familiar with:

The two best mindset threads on the forum:
My personal recommendation is to read every post in the below two threads. It'll change the way you look at things.... just remember to take action.
GOLD - The "Astonishing Secrets" Thread
GOLD - THIS is why you are STUCK.

MJ lays out the exact steps to success:
Notable! - "Tell me the exact steps" (OK, here are all 67 of them.)

Biophase's story about how solving problems can lead to profits:
Focus on the mindset, not the niche.

Notable! - Example of create value and solving problems leading to profits

Biophase discusses the hard/easy way and the easy/hard way:
Again, don't get too hung up on the niche, focus more on the mindset. The point can be expanded to your life:

Life is all about doing hard stuff now to have an easy life later, or easy stuff now and having a hard life later.... or always having a hard life. The choice is yours.

GOLD - Do you want to do it the EASY way, or the HARD way?

People discussing niches (since you asked):
Notable! - Does what you do make CENTS?

I have not yet, just joined last night but I watched a summary of it on youtube... once I finish this last book it's up next.

Meetups would be great to attend, I live just outside of Tampa would love to join. How can I be sure I don't miss the next one?

Any Tampa meetups will be posted in this thread. I haven't been to one yet and am out of town for the one on Thursday, but @Vigilante mentioned a Tampa summer meetup.

Meetup - TAMPA BAY, FL Fastlane Meetup

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
Awesome thank you for the direction, I will check these threads out. I will be there Thursday, hope to see you at a future one or around town man!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.