The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greed as Catalyst? (Thoughts on Greed)

Anything related to matters of the mind

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Most of us have been told by our parents when we were young:

"Don't be greedy, let others have some too"
"A Greedy person is never a good person"
"Do you want to eat while he's hungry?"

This just randomly popped up in my head. I started to think like, "Hey, greed might not be bad at all, provided that my greed doesn't involve hurting anyone"

I started to think that greed might be a motivator, a catalyst that is both good and bad. It all depends on your perspective.

Most people think of greed as, "Intense selfish desires". I think those selfish desires might just be the hidden foundations of all of our luxury wants.

Can I get some of your feedback on this? I think there might be something called "Entrepreneurial Greed" that can be defined as "The intense feeling of selfishness while being conscious that you have to provide value to satisfy those selfish desires."

This is just a thought, don't judge me, though I'd get some feedback on what you might have to say, reader.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Greed = scarcity mindset.

If you're motivated to do something to improve your life without hurting others (you create win-win relationships) you aren't greedy.

A greedy person is someone who doesn't mind taking away from others to get more themselves (unless the others are competitors who don't serve the market as well as they could).

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Greed = scarcity mindset.

If you're motivated to do something to improve your life without hurting others (you create win-win relationships) you aren't greedy.

A greedy person is someone who doesn't mind taking away from others to get more themselves (unless the others are competitors who don't serve the market as well as they could).
Well, I guess I had the wrong definition of greed in mind. Basically what I thought wasn't greed.

I'm guessing in business, you don't have to feel bad about competitors when you take their bread and establish a monopoly.

I wouldn't hesitate on executing ideas rather than treat them as a sacred thing, sacred thing is execution that not everyone can pull off.

D

Deleted85763

Most of us have been told by our parents when we were young:

"Don't be greedy, let others have some too"
"A Greedy person is never a good person"
"Do you want to eat while he's hungry?"

This just randomly popped up in my head. I started to think like, "Hey, greed might not be bad at all, provided that my greed doesn't involve hurting anyone"

I started to think that greed might be a motivator, a catalyst that is both good and bad. It all depends on your perspective.

Most people think of greed as, "Intense selfish desires". I think those selfish desires might just be the hidden foundations of all of our luxury wants.

Can I get some of your feedback on this? I think there might be something called "Entrepreneurial Greed" that can be defined as "The intense feeling of selfishness while being conscious that you have to provide value to satisfy those selfish desires."

This is just a thought, don't judge me, though I'd get some feedback on what you might have to say, reader.
In my experience there are some owners of companies whose greed exceeds anything you could ever imagine! They do really well financially but once I find out who they are I avoid them.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Incase if anyone's wondering, I'm revisiting my old threads.

I can't believe I had that belief of greed being ok. I have come a long way after this! No greed anymore (provide value first then ask for the money)

Ivan Koretskyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Oct 2, 2021
Oregon, US
There is no such thing as greed if you’re willing to take the time and effort to sell a solution to people’s problems in return for money.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
There is no such thing as greed if you’re willing to take the time and effort to sell a solution to people’s problems in return for money.
There's nothing wrong with what you are saying.

Greed gets bad, especially when it involves hurting an innocent person for your gain.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.