The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Grant Cardone = Bankrupt (Dumb PR Stunt)

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
This is someone who has been the topic of a few threads here, so I thought I'd post this up.
Seems like he's broke:
View: https://youtu.be/u9_5223XaDY

I don't know why I never really followed this guy much, but I I guess his personality didn't sit entirely right with me or something
Great motivational speaker, but...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Gee, he was over-leveraged?

I would have NEVER have guessed?!?!

With all due respect, I'm impressed he confessed it.

Still, I get the feeling it's a PR stunt. And that it isn't true.

Guess we shall see.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Could

I would have NEVER guessed?!?!

Guess I need to check the SEC website more often.

That's what I was thinking at first, he's in some kind of 10X office/suite there isn't he? (His "thing") Unless that's just a prop from somewhere of course.

I dunno, he did/does strike me as a Guru type. Just thought I'd post it up to see what people thought, or if they knew more.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
365GC, yup that is his plane! Guess he really did go 10x.

I was browsing real estate in my city. The former most expensive house in the city has been for sale for a while. Well it is currently still for sale, and I am pretty sure that the list price has dropped by more than half. If I recall correctly they were asking for like 12 million last year, it's currently at 5.5. It's nearly 2 acres on top of a hill in pretty close to the middle of the city.

I wonder who owns it, they must be hurting BAD if they are going to offload it for that cheap.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This is someone who has been the topic of a few threads here, so I thought I'd post this up.
Seems like he's broke:
View: https://youtu.be/u9_5223XaDY

I don't know why I never really followed this guy much, but I I guess his personality didn't sit entirely right with me or something
Great motivational speaker, but...
Good Lord!
Whuuut....

Not even bankruptcy on just one of his companies.
But he mentioned his condos and aircraft are being taken away...I think they are put under his business entities? Then he might still have some pants on.

Guess we shall see.
If its a stunt, what he is looking to achieve, besides catching broad attention?
What product is he trying to edge folks towards?

Somehow, I worry whether this 'stunt' might break the narrative of his branding...

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Imagine giving that guy your money to "invest"

I cant tell if he's serious in the video, but either way you would never see a real solid investor make a video like that.. Picture Ray Dalio, Warren Buffett, or Sam Zell doing that.. They wouldnt.

Also, I dont doubt he will go broke in some fashion. He laid off 60 people the first week this virus hit and hes been emailing and posting trying to get people into his fund everyday since + he's taken money from non accredited investors and stopped distributions.

It's like watching a train wreck happen. Cant look away.

G

Guest24480

He’s obviously trolling..mocking the people who said he was going bankrupt by telling them to buy his private jet for a discounted 8 mil, which he knows is money they’re not even close to having.

He’s been studying the president’s deflection tactics..

CoachR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 31, 2020
NJ
Wow! Followed him a bit after reading 10x. Slowly through the years after getting a bit fame seems he’s gotten pretty cocky. Still think this could possibly be a stunt, interested to see what happens.

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
When I found out he was a scientologist - all my respect for him went out of the window.

Same

Imagine giving that guy your money to "invest"

I cant tell if he's serious in the video, but either way you would never see a real solid investor make a video like that.. Picture Ray Dalio, Warren Buffett, or Sam Zell doing that.. They wouldnt.

Also, I dont doubt he will go broke in some fashion. He laid off 60 people the first week this virus hit and hes been emailing and posting trying to get people into his fund everyday since + he's taken money from non accredited investors and stopped distributions.

It's like watching a train wreck happen. Cant look away.

Exactly !

This is a stunt, but a very childish and bad one..

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
That's shocking really... Grant never sat easily with me as a genuine person so you can't tell if this is some sort of PR stunt or if his charade has caught up with him. Fair play for admitting it though if it's true.

Ever read / listen to one of his books? They're trash. They're about 10% helpful content and 90% off-topic trash and full of self promotion as he changes thought mid-paragraph.

Jaco

Prioritize and execute
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2020
Hong Kong
That's shocking really... Grant never sat easily with me as a genuine person so you can't tell if this is some sort of PR stunt or if his charade has caught up with him. Fair play for admitting it though if it's true.

Ever read / listen to one of his books? They're trash. They're about 10% helpful content and 90% off-topic trash and full of self promotion as he changes thought mid-paragraph.
I second that. The only audible book I have ever returned for a refund was 10x, as there was almost no value in the first three chapters and I personally couldn’t tolerate his narration.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Well im a little skeptical, i dont think he is broke.

But if its true it should be easy to verify as bankruptcy petitions are not sealed in federal court in other words they are public.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
This was interesting between Jordan Belfort and Grant Cardone. Grant normally has a big personality but towards the end of this you notice his body language has shrunk a bit and Jordan has kept control of the conversation.

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
It was an April Fools joke. He mentioned it today.
I know it had to be!

I am not obsessed about him, but there is some truth and relatability to his doctrine. No one can argue about living below your means, saving money, working extra hard, and growing your money.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
One of my friends is in gobundance and there are a few people that are invested with Grant in there and he was told there is a lawsuit being organized against him.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana

I would have NEVER have guessed?!?!

Guess we shall see.

This was a joke. He spoke about it on his own YouTube channel.

View: https://youtu.be/85ZA5clk3Lg

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Someone just told me that in the US you can save taxes in real estate when you declare bankruptcy and apparently Trump also pulled that off a few times... maybe something to do with that? :D

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
As I said before, it was an obvious joke. You could see it in his body language.

yeah you could tell by his tone, kind of like mocking his haters. Because he didn’t admit it in the video right away says something about his character. I’m just gonna say I don’t trust those personality types.

G

Guest24480

yeah you could tell by his tone, kind of like mocking his haters. Because he didn’t admit it in the video right away says something about his character. I’m just gonna say I don’t trust those personality types.
Definitely don't trust the guy that's for sure. He's an interesting character nonetheless

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.