Well, as I near college graduation (December 19th), the time is quickly approaching to find a job. Next week, hundreds of companies are coming to campus looking to hire fresh new faces, straight out of college. The only problem is, with my history degree, I worry who will want to hire me. Unfortunately, I am not interested in teaching, or anything academic. So I am not looking to become a 1.) lawyer, or 2.) teacher, which leads to the question: "What on earth were you doing getting a history degree in the first place?"
My answer: "I loved history coming out of high school because I thought it was cool and interesting, however, now I love business and entrepreneurship."
I need to make myself marketable to these companies looking to hire people from the business management/finance/real estate degrees. I believe I can hang with them, as MJ can attest to, Toilet U definitely is a valid form of education, albeit, with no "degree" at the end of the tunnel.
I am in the process of creating an e-commerce store so I can have a revenue stream. Anything is better than nothing. Also, the e-commerce will help out a lot if I do find a low paying job.
My goal with getting a job has two functions:
1.) To support myself entirely (no help from the parents anymore) so I can continue to live in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado. (Originally from Bay Area, California.)
2.) Seed Money! I need to work to create seed money to fund my ventures. (some failures :fryingpan: which will hopefully lead to the big success :fastlane
I see myself different from many people here as they are looking for careers. I am looking for the water which will allow my plant to be born and grow.
To conclude, I guess I am just a little bit worried at the prospects of being able to find a job that I like and can see myself being successful at. I think many people here can remember this time in their lives, and what path you took, and perhaps, any words of wisdom. Thank you for listening to my mini-panic-attack, as I transition from the college student into the real world.
My answer: "I loved history coming out of high school because I thought it was cool and interesting, however, now I love business and entrepreneurship."
I need to make myself marketable to these companies looking to hire people from the business management/finance/real estate degrees. I believe I can hang with them, as MJ can attest to, Toilet U definitely is a valid form of education, albeit, with no "degree" at the end of the tunnel.
I am in the process of creating an e-commerce store so I can have a revenue stream. Anything is better than nothing. Also, the e-commerce will help out a lot if I do find a low paying job.
My goal with getting a job has two functions:
1.) To support myself entirely (no help from the parents anymore) so I can continue to live in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado. (Originally from Bay Area, California.)
2.) Seed Money! I need to work to create seed money to fund my ventures. (some failures :fryingpan: which will hopefully lead to the big success :fastlane
I see myself different from many people here as they are looking for careers. I am looking for the water which will allow my plant to be born and grow.
To conclude, I guess I am just a little bit worried at the prospects of being able to find a job that I like and can see myself being successful at. I think many people here can remember this time in their lives, and what path you took, and perhaps, any words of wisdom. Thank you for listening to my mini-panic-attack, as I transition from the college student into the real world.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
