The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Graduating College & Pursuing the Fastlane

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

jjlundy

New Contributor
Jul 9, 2019
Hi guys --

I've recently read 'TMF' and 'Unscripted', and I'm stoked to join the community and learn from you guys.

A little bit about me: I'm a soon-to-graduate college student pursuing a degree in Computer Science from a top-10 university. I've always been a driven individual that's been motivated by getting the "best" job out there, but after working in 3 software engineering roles, including one at FAANG, I've concluded that Corporate America is just not for me. But like many of you guys, I thought that working a nice job and living frugally was the only way to live a successful & fruitful life. I've been lucky enough to have a mentor and @MJ DeMarco to help rip the wool from my eyes & show me that there is another path for people like us out there.

For you guys: If you're interested in learning to code/have technical questions/want to hear my experience studying CS at a top-10 university, leave a comment or drop me a DM and I'd be happy to help (no strings attached!).

Sidewalk --> Slowlane --> Fastlane

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

quanttastic

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Dec 7, 2013
What did you like most/least about your courses in CS in college?

Do you already have a business going, or are you planning on starting one after you graduate? Have you considered 'temporarily' working for a firm to get capital for your business?

OP
OP
J

jjlundy

New Contributor
Jul 9, 2019
What did you like most/least about your courses in CS in college?

Do you already have a business going, or are you planning on starting one after you graduate? Have you considered 'temporarily' working for a firm to get capital for your business?
My courses themselves have been primarily valuable in 2 ways: teaching me how to dissect problems and solve them algorithmically (helpful in life in general, esp. w/ Fastlane mentality), and opening my eyes to the possibilities and technologies available to us within the CS world.

I have tried my hand at a couple businesses already without much success, but I'll be continuing to explore business ideas until and beyond my graduation. I have considered temporarily working a job post-graduation and will probably do so at some point, but right now I have a bit of a financial parachute that allows me to pursue my own ventures 100% for at least some time post-graduation.

quanttastic

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Dec 7, 2013
My courses themselves have been primarily valuable in 2 ways: teaching me how to dissect problems and solve them algorithmically (helpful in life in general, esp. w/ Fastlane mentality), and opening my eyes to the possibilities and technologies available to us within the CS world.

I have tried my hand at a couple businesses already without much success, but I'll be continuing to explore business ideas until and beyond my graduation. I have considered temporarily working a job post-graduation and will probably do so at some point, but right now I have a bit of a financial parachute that allows me to pursue my own ventures 100% for at least some time post-graduation.
The possibilities/technology side is fantastic. Not many people are aware of that. Combining your CS knowledge with entrepreneurship should be huge.

Also very glad to hear that you have a financial parachute. Good luck!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
How do I sell to a different country with an accent? And a foreign number. Cold e-mails don't...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
Hey @Cruiser I just shot you a reply! Amazing product BTW!
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Well, we made it halfway through the year. Don't know what the rest'll bring, but it's gonna be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar. This upcoming...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom