The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My first post in the fastlane forum.

Adam Balliram

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 19, 2023
Good day, all. My name is Adam and I am an aspiring entrepreneur. I joined the fastlane forum after reading both The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted , and despite having a history of, and qualifications in, science based subjects in high school, I wish to be an entrepreneur.

The reason being that a STEM career is not a CUL pursuit, that is, there is a set amount of leverage in the hands of an authoritative figure you work under. And also, spending a lifetime working 8-12 hour shifts and having 15 days off a year is NOT appealing to me.

I understand that a business is no bed of roses, and that it takes great courage and determination to go weeks or months without getting paid, as well as other sacrifices in terms of time, leisure, comfort and other indulgences. Quite honestly, I am terrified still for I have not had a true FTE event, just multiple "f**k this" moments that have me on my feet for 2 weeks and then back on my couch for 2 months. It is tough but I try to keep watering the entrepreneur seed in my brain garden as often as I can with books, huberman podcasts,

Truthfully speaking, I want to be an entrepreneur for the purpose of providing value to the world. In other words I'm a big nobody who wants to be something of significance. I'm only now departing from the sidewalk train-of-thought through the pursuit of entrepreneurial knowledge. I'll keep it real with you and say that I haven't made any business ventures or come up with a concrete plan yet, I first have to get a foundational job before I can seriously fund a business venture.

My parents think my dream is ridiculous and that compound interest is real magic. They are salivating to have me in UNI getting a useless degree. My peers are no different, we all do science and whereas I have grown to resent it, they are in love with the prospects of doing a degree in pharmaceuticals and working 60+ hour weeks after graduating college, paying off loans, working minmum wage, applying for a contract with the government, and recieving it at the young age of 32. Not for me man.

This won't be the last you'll hear from me as I plan to be around for a long time. You may be wondering what exactly is my idea of pursuit, and truth is, I haven't yet decided. I have different ideas: chess, cycling, content-creation, but I haven't had the courage to commit to any one of them, in fear that they will fail or I will. That being said, I will document future pursuits and efforts here.

Thanks for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My parents think my dream is ridiculous and that compound interest is real magic.

It's ridiculous until they see you living it. Proving parents wrong can be a powerful motivator.

And it certainly helps when you buy them their dream house.

Welcome aboard!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...