The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Google unfairly banned my ads account. How do I overcome that?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Damien Boss

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 12, 2020
France
I created a landing page for my company's website. And on it, I advertised the app we built, asking users to join the waiting list by entering their email.
a few days later, Google sent me an error stating my account was blocked due to a suspicious payment method (Paypal). Since I knew my payment method was functional and I've been using it daily, I submitted an appeal.
Then a day later, I received another warning stating my ads violated their policy.
Then today, I received a message stating: " we will not be reactivating your account. Please don't create new Google Ads accounts, as these will be suspended too. When we suspend a Google Ads account, the suspension applies to the account owner and any current or future linked Google Ads accounts. ".

This was sooo brutal, and unfair, since my payment method is functional, and I'm not conducting anything malicious.
Could someone please tell me if they resolved this ? Or Google will just consider me and everything I do dead ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
I created a landing page for my company's website. And on it, I advertised the app we built, asking users to join the waiting list by entering their email.
a few days later, Google sent me an error stating my account was blocked due to a suspicious payment method (Paypal). Since I knew my payment method was functional and I've been using it daily, I submitted an appeal.
Then a day later, I received another warning stating my ads violated their policy.
Then today, I received a message stating: " we will not be reactivating your account. Please don't create new Google Ads accounts, as these will be suspended too. When we suspend a Google Ads account, the suspension applies to the account owner and any current or future linked Google Ads accounts. ".

This was sooo brutal, and unfair, since my payment method is functional, and I'm not conducting anything malicious.
Could someone please tell me if they resolved this ? Or Google will just consider me and everything I do dead ?
I am so so so sorry for this. This was the exact issue that happened to me maybe a year ago. I had dreams to help my father advertise his art exhibition, but after opening a new account for his business, was also suspended for "suspicious payments" even though I had just got a new master card.

Despite writing countless appeals, making multiple changes on the account, calling country representatives, surfing reddit and quota pages, watching youtube email templating videos, I could not get it unsuspended.

I'd say one option is to contact an agency to help you with this (it may cost you) or become a master of other advertising streams, organic or not (Facebook, TikTok etc).

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri

What are you selling? How long have you bee using google ads for you site?

Damien Boss

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 12, 2020
France
I am so so so sorry for this. This was the exact issue that happened to me maybe a year ago. I had dreams to help my father advertise his art exhibition, but after opening a new account for his business, was also suspended for "suspicious payments" even though I had just got a new master card.
Thanks for your reply. I might need to contact an agency indeed.
Do you know an estimation of the price they can charge please?

Damien Boss

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 12, 2020
France
What are you selling? How long have you bee using google ads for you site?

Less than a day. I was advertising an app that was soon to be published. I took the website down and I'm updating the website based on what I see over the internet that will please Google.
I hope it works.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Thanks for your reply. I might need to contact an agency indeed.
Do you know an estimation of the price they can charge please?
About a couple hundred dollars most likely.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
From my research, you could also try changing your payment card to Google. Apparently, the advice for this is that some people may already have your card details and have created a new google ads account with it.

Damien Boss

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 12, 2020
France
From my research, you could also try changing your payment card to Google. Apparently, the advice for this is that some people may already have your card details and have created a new google ads account with it.
Wow, this is strange. I'll try that. Thanks for the advice, I've rebuilt my website and I will deploy it and get back to them and cross my fingers so that they approve.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Less than a day. I was advertising an app that was soon to be published. I took the website down and I'm updating the website based on what I see over the internet that will please Google.
I hope it works.

An app that was soon to be published?

Damien Boss

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 12, 2020
France
What is your app? You seem cagey about it.
It is an app that helps do remittances from users in one country to the other.
We are still in the process of building the company and I wanted to test if anybody will need such an app while we are building it. I'm the one who had the idea for the app. I followed some advice I found on this forum, stating that, one should first test the need for a product using ads and a landing page. That is what I did, and it backfired.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
We are still in the process of building the company and I wanted to test if anybody will need such an app while we are building it. I'm the one who had the idea for the app. I followed some advice I found on this forum, stating that, one should first test the need for a product using ads and a landing page. That is what I did, and it backfired.
It’s a very good ideas to do what you’re doing, I’m just wanting to understand what your app is to see if anyone can give you any insight.

Could you elaborate more by what you mean by remittances? I’m not super finance savvy.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
You are a start up purportedly engaged in the business of helping people move money around across national borders.

You have no app or governance to prove you are legit.

Don't bother submitting the request. Google will not let you accepts payments from people for something that doesn't exist and even if it did could be used to launder money and support terrorism.

The advice on the forum is good for most business types. But it won't work for you. You want to plug into the financial system. There are going to be rather large hoops for you to jump through.

Damien Boss

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 12, 2020
France
You are a start up purportedly engaged in the business of helping people move money around across national borders.

You have no app or governance to prove you are legit.

The website just asks people to fill out a survey if they think the idea is worth it. There is no claim that we transfer money.
We just have a plain survey with responses to be filled. No personal information is collected, and no money transfer claim. And no claim about money transfer is made.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
The website just asks people to fill out a survey if they think the idea is worth it. There is no claim that we transfer money.
We just have a plain survey with responses to be filled. No personal information is collected, and no money transfer claim. And no claim about money transfer is made.
Can you share the website? Or pm me if youre not comfortable.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Did you ever use your PayPal account on a different Google ads account?

Damien Boss

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 12, 2020
France
Did you ever use your PayPal account on a different Google ads account?

Can you share the website? Or pm me if youre not comfortable.
Hello guys,

@BizyDad No, I had never used the PayPal account on Google ads before.
I have never even used Google ads before. It is my first time. This is really disturbing, Google seems to not care that much. They don't even allow you to contact them. Like they make you feel like you're a dead person. Though the only crime I committed was being ignorant.

@doster.zach Yeah, I can share the website with you in private.

BTW, anyone who wants to help, I can share the website with them.
Thankyou all for your advice.

I understand that they want to stop cybercrime, but this makes honest people suffer.
I really wish Google's monopoly crumbles to ashes. While searching for a solution, I heard people saying they went into depression because of this unjust way of treating potential customers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.