The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Going Fastlane

Sebzmaniac

New Contributor
Nov 30, 2019
For sometime now, I've been studying Java. My dream is to create an Android game and make millions but I don't know if this is possible. I've been having doubts about this. I'm stuck between website creation and app creation. I could've done both but I'm obeying the rule in the millioniare fast lane that says: "Focus on one business. Dont cheat on ur business"

I'm in my second year of college but I'm scared about the future. Is the future really safe? Will I end up working at a job till I'm 60 or 70?.

But on the other hand, what if I finish studying Java and I can't code? What if I was just wasting my time? My greatest inspiration was the creator of temple run. She is a mother. She finished college and had a Bsc in chemistry, but she decided to pursue her dream. She started a game company with her husband and also found some people who shared her goals and worked with them.

So what should I really do? Should I go ahead and study Java or is creating a website more easier? Can I create a social media site and become the next Mark Zuckerberg? ( That's insane)

Can I create a social media site and sell it to Facebook for 1 billion dollars? (less insane). Look, I don't need billions of dollars. Just a few million. 10 million dollars or 5 million can be okay. My main point is, I want to buy my freedom and I want it now, not when I'm 60 or 70 and retire with 2 million dollars and buy a lambo which I'll be too old to drive. I don't want to sacrifice 5 days a week and rest on only 2 with a little pay. I want to be rich now so I have to never work again in my life.

So, I'm asking. Should I wait until I finish college and things don't really workout or should I start know? Even MJ DeMarco started his after finishing college. I need ur suggestions. Thanks. 28969

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Attachments

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
from my experience I'd say, don't separate studying java from programming a game. Learn java as you program, find problems in the process, solve them, keep going. But don't use studying to evade yourself from actually creating and sharing your creation (even if it's not finished).
Welcome to the forum btw!

OP
OP
S

Sebzmaniac

New Contributor
Nov 30, 2019
from my experience I'd say, don't separate studying java from programming a game. Learn java as you program, find problems in the process, solve them, keep going. But don't use studying to evade yourself from actually creating and sharing your creation (even if it's not finished).
Welcome to the forum btw!
Thanks a lot for ur support. But I'm totally new to this. I can't program while studying java. I have to finish studying Java first before I can actually program, right? If It is possible to program while studying, pls tell me how.

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
I don't know about coding myself, but I meant jumping straight into doing it. Taking action, leaving behind the "plans in a piece of paper" stage. I'm doing that with my youtube channel: the videos are not perfect but I'm learning a lot while creating them. and I'm making them better on the way.

OP
OP
S

Sebzmaniac

New Contributor
Nov 30, 2019
I don't know about coding myself, but I meant jumping straight into doing it. Taking action, leaving behind the "plans in a piece of paper" stage. I'm doing that with my youtube channel: the videos are not perfect but I'm learning a lot while creating them. and I'm making them better on the way.
Ok, tnx

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom