The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Going "All-In" on ONE cryptocurrency... which?

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Which crypto coin is your ALL-IN investment?

• Bitcoin

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Ethereum

Votes: 58 43.6%
  • Monero

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Cardano

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Vechain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Solana

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Lukso

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Litecoin

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Chainlink

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
There's a company in Germany that uses eth tech as way to provide the handshake and ledger for recharging EVs wireless from slabs in the road when stopped at traffic lights. There's other resarch under way, nano,cos, a way of storing data that avoids the need for power backup in data centres (fault tolerant massibely switchable, distributable, low power) so they can safely run on cheap intermittent renewables. They all use their own private version of etherum though. It's the difference between the internet and the companies private intranet.

That's a cool use. Since it's for in-house use, the unforgeable feature of a blockchain isn't that important to them, but having the shared ledger be distributed is very valuable.

I recommended you make a blog about the tech news that interests you. Suggest you add these kind of cryptocurrency articles too, as another category you could cove. I would enjoy visiting a blog that had an assortment of this kind of news, without my having to dig all over to find it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
That's a cool use. Since it's for in-house use, the unforgeable feature of a blockchain isn't that important to them, but having the shared ledger be distributed is very valuable.

I recommended you make a blog about the tech news that interests you. Suggest you add these kind of cryptocurrency articles too, as another category you could cove. I would enjoy visiting a blog that had an assortment of this kind of news, without my having to dig all over to find it.

Well, they are basically buying them back off the electricity suppliers , so it's helpful in the way that vouchers not being forged are handy for retail providers. There is probably a few edge use cases in e-ticketing, sneakernet etc.

I did have a blog, but there was never enough traffic, to maintain any interest, I think you need to be much more active on social media than I am(or pay someone) in order to spread the word and drive traffic, it doesn't seem worth the effort for the reward, especially as social media is a big time suck,and if your not careful you can end up getting drawn in to the action fakers. I also get the impression a lot of people are leaving websites/blogs/forums for WhatsApp groups,fb,discord etc.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
The crypto vouchers for the electric utility are on topic here. I should have put my comment about your blogging on your own thread. My mistake. Let's move that discussion back over to your own post, I don't want us to derail the crypto conversation.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hypothetical poll...

Your life depends on your decision.

Pick ONE crypto currency that will survive and then thrive. Time frame, within 5 years. Die = goes way of eToys.

Pick correctly you live.

Pick incorrectly you die.

Which do you pick?

And why?
~

BITCONNNECCTTTT!!!!!!!!!

What am i gonna do!

tenor.gif

DHZ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Nov 2, 2017
USA
I've personally had good results with Nebulas making 125% returns. At the moment it's very volatile although the team is more focused on developing the blockchain ecosystem than they are with marketing.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
I think their is real potential in;

Proof of stake for distributed sensor systems(perfect for gathering data remotely, we already have homing pigeons carry datacards for remote photographers to process their pictures, we could process water or co2 levels in a similar manner) gaining a global picture. What are the biggest co2 sinks and emissions in remote areas of Africa?

A mutable PoS system to allow for an easy automatic powerless switch over database (imagine if at night databases could automatically flip between hemispheres, with the sun never setting on the database,solar panels become a real viable power source.

Proof of authenicty

Transferable tickets

Double entry ledgers( all crypto are currently single entry) look at rhe revolution moving accounting to double entry brought with it, in a time of ink quill and paper.

ruzara5

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
May 1, 2011
Currently in Washington State
Hypothetical poll...

Pick ONE crypto currency that will survive and then thrive. Time frame, within 5 years. Die = goes way of eToys.

Pick correctly you live.

Which do you pick?

And why?
Ethereum. Why? It is a fairly stable HODL.

4Ring_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jan 31, 2017
New York
I think it's funny how this thread (along with the entire hyped up crypto community) has gone quiet as Bitcoin/Ethereum can't seem to find a bottom.

Not one to call the future but my opinion is Bitcoin (and any alt coin that has an implemented use-case today) will eventually recover. We saw something with this recent run up where speculators of all colors came together and tried to board a rocket ship to the moon, only to eventually discover they've all been duped. Whatever it was that reincarnated the tulip mania bubble into a digital currency for the second time in mankind's history, it was history repeating itself.

All that being said, I'm pretty stoked to see what the future holds for P2P digital currency. I think it has its place one way or another... that much is clear.

#Pray4TheHodlers

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
Hypothetical poll...

Ethereum

Because Casper (proof of stake) will roll out within 1 year max
Allowing the following:

• Fast/scalable transactions

• Sacristy of coin to make money; you will need to own at least 1,000ETH to stake and confirm transactions AKA make money without mining

• Because people will stake their ETH to validate transactions. Therefore,authenticity and integrity is required if you don’t want your money to go “poof”
  • A lot of already successful businesses work under the ERC-20 and geth(goethereum(mainnet))
It won’t be number one, but it will survive based on the teams vision for it rather than trying to make it go up in price.
If what I said is true, and Ethereum is capped, then Ethereum will rise back to a stable $1,000 dollars and bless everyone who buys right the EF now.

But that’s just my opinion
My research is only research and speculation. I am not a fortune teller. But I know a smart kid when I see one(Vitalik Buterin).

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
I'd choose Vechain. No brainer.

Business partnerships, scale, and active, in-use products, on top of separating itself from the follies of the market with the approaching mainnet, coupled with the two-token model for income (or re-investment) throughout the "required" HODL is, to me, unbeatable.

Still accumulating. Don't miss the boat.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
VeChain.

It’s one of the only cryptocurrencies that has current valuable use for businesses like PWC and Renault. Plus it has a great team and you get paid in THOR for owning it.
Still accumulating. Don't miss the boat.

Looks like we had the same thought years ago. I'm glad I got in back when it was still only pennies, can never help feeling like you don't have enough though :/

Seniorpreneur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Aug 4, 2007
Edmonton, AB Canada
Looks like we had the same thought years ago. I'm glad I got in back when it was still only pennies, can never help feeling like you don't have enough though :/
Bitcoin has over 60% of the market. Look elsewhere if Bitcoin drops to under 50%. What do you think of Headra Hashgraph and their hbars currency?

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Bitcoin has over 60% of the market. Look elsewhere if Bitcoin drops to under 50%. What do you think of Headra Hashgraph and their hbars currency?
Bitcoin doesn't provide any real value in the crypto space, at this point I believe the price is only that high because it's the poster child of crypto and it's the most mainstream and widely used.
In 5 to 10 years, most of the cryptocurrencies will be worthless apart from the ones which provide real solutions to real problems. I haven't looked into Headra Hashgraph truth be told.

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Been holding Vechain for a few years now.

I bought a tiny bit more after this pullback.
I bought in when it was still VEN, I was stupid because if I had sold when it was all time high territory I could have bought back in and have a life changing amount. Such is life! And there is still hope yet :)

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
I bought in when it was still VEN, I was stupid because if I had sold when it was all time high territory I could have bought back in and have a life changing amount. Such is life! And there is still hope yet :)

Plenty of time to start building a stack at it's current price! The next 2-5 years could be great for VeChain

AlfaStream

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jul 21, 2020
United States
I'd probably pick USDCoin, its sold my Coinbase which is a major player, and has relatively decent small margins, if I ever wanted to use cryptocurrency to find something with a solid value, I would pick this AltCoin because of its relative stability, its classified as a "stablecoin", and no matter what it adjusts so one USDCoin is worth just that, a dollar. I would use it as a tool to hedge my position partially in a time of crisis, if cryptocurrencies began to fall. An incentive to holding it as well is that it does yield a bit of interest per year, unfortunately not enough to fight the %2 inflation however. Otherwise I would likely choose litecoin. LTC is about just as old as bitcoin, and has relatively done very well at holding its ground over the years.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump, what has changed since the original thread started?

ramonorencio

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Jun 6, 2015
Bump, what has changed since the original thread started?
Hmm not much really, most of it is trash. Some new fads here and there. Gaming has been booming. I love trading trading those shitcoins.

Only thing I would hold long term is Bitcoin, maybe.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Bitcoin, because it does what it wants to do perfectly. There is no competition in its niche. It's sound money. Listen to Michael Saylor.

Now there is lots of competition in Ethereum's niche. We don't know who the winner will be.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
ETH over Bitcoin all day long. ETH supply is is shrinking. The uses for ETH are increasing.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
In this interview, a guy who is friends with one of the Satoshi Nakamoto candidates (Craig Wright), says how he has threatened to crash the Bitcoin market when he is upset. I don't know if this is true or not, but it is true that whomever invented it, could indeed dump their coins. So, one person could wipe out the entire Bitcoin market. Sounds risky.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RNYMo6_hrc&t=1676s

jmgr

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 13, 2018
Hypothetical poll...

Pick correctly you live.

Which do you pick?

And why?
I don't know enough and I'm currently broke, but if I was in this position, I would 'cheat' (or try to) and back the top 3 coins.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've added a POLL, vote your belief!

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
When I think of crypto two things come to mind. Quantity and efficiency. The quantity can’t be controlled by a small group of people and it must help streamline productivity. Ethereum and Bitcoin come to mind. Remember Yellen said Bitcoin was inefficient. Why? Not because it is, but because it’s quantity can’t be controlled and given to banker buddies.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hypothetical poll...

Pick correctly you live.

Which do you pick?

And why?

Monero probably because privacy. If the world becomes more and more like North Korea or Cuba, black markets become the only real free markets. In other words, everything ends up in the “black market.”

Of course, I don’t even have a coinbase account. Just building a stock position in the company as of the last few weeks. So I’m not a big crypto geek. Just an economics geek.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.