The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting your product doctor approved/endorsed

Marketing, social media, advertising

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I don't really see a lot of information out there about this topic. I did a quick Google search and nothing really came up. I figured that it might be worth starting a thread about this because I'm sure that someone out there will be, or is in the same boat as me.

I'm curious about the process of getting a product doctor approved, or in my case - vet approved.

There are really two reasons for this.

The first is the obvious marketing reason. I have noticed that it's common for supplements and products in the pet niche to say that their products are doctor approved with a seal or something. I also think of the late night commercials that I used to see from back in the day when a doctor would actually endorse the product.

The second is just to have a vet/doctor give my product the green light for safety. I'd think that if someone here is developing a skin cream, supplement, or something related then they might also want to accomplish the same.

So, has anyone ever gone through this process?

Any tips or advice?

Personally, I'm thinking about just reaching out to vets to see if I can get a response. I could offer a payment for their endorsement, but something seems kind of weird about offering payments for endorsements.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Thanks for tagging me @jon.a

My wife is a vet, I'll ask her after she gets home to double check to make sure there's no specific vet laws I'm missing.

You need to be very careful with how you word it. If you write something like "used by veterinarians", as long as you have proof vets use it, you should be in the clear.

For " veterinarian approved" I would definitely suggest getting a veterinarian to endorse your product. Something as simple as writing a testimonial on your website Or like you suggested, having a doctor actively endorse your product and giving them a profit share, payment, or royalty.

Where are you definitely do not want to get into if using keywords like clinical, clinically, research, effective. While shampoos are not regulated under the FDA, claiming something is clinically approved or clinical strength without having an actual scientific study is a big no-no.

My recommendation, find a well-crafted local veterinarian and see if they will endorse your product. That way you can have a picture of this veterinarian with a testimonial for ad copy.

Edit:

let me be clear, this applies only to dog shampoo. Do not take any this advice for anything remotely related to human medicine.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Just spoke with my wife about this. Her recommendation wife to get the endorsement of a veterinarian. Have an actual spokesperson who will give testimonial and endorse your product.

There are specific veterinary board of that technically give "approved by" status. All it would take is one vet to hate your product and potentially have the board act.

On the flipside, you may consider even fit meeting your products to the veterinary dermatological board to see what their process is for endorsement.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Awesome. Thanks for all of that information. The product that I'm looking to get approved is an oral spray and an oral gel that I developed. Based on what you said, it sounds easy enough.

For " veterinarian approved" I would definitely suggest getting a veterinarian to endorse your product. Something as simple as writing a testimonial on your website

That's exactly what I was thinking. I have noticed that the big players in my industry all have testimonials from vets on their website.

Hyrum

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
359%
Jul 5, 2016
Nebraska
Personally, I'm thinking about just reaching out to vets to see if I can get a response.

My wife is a vet.

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

Also, have you reached out to pet owners to see if there is a demand for your product? There's little point in going through the hassle and expense of getting professional testimonials for your product if it solves a problem no one has.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Also, have you reached out to pet owners to see if there is a demand for your product? There's little point in going through the hassle and expense of getting professional testimonials for your product if it solves a problem no one has.

Don't need to. don't select products like that. I look at what's out there, do it better, drive traffic to landing pages, measure conversions, optimize, figure out through email and optimize again. Much better and more statistically significant process than reaching out to like 5 people. And I'm a bit further ahead.

Last edited:

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Update: Holding off on this for now. Don't have time. Decided that it's more important to drive the traffic in first and optimize my funnel. Got ahead of myself.

Although I still think it's worth talking about this process.

Last edited:

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
How can improving the sales funnel be more important than validating the product?

That's not what I meant, but I wasn't clear - that's my fault. I was trying to say that don't need to get it endorsed right now.

Also, I don't validate products the way that was suggested.

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
In many cases, it comes down to relationships/association. Many people who create products that benefit from the approval of a health professional, are a few degrees of separation away from them. Whether it be in their personal lives, or through a professional association.
For me, I was able to get licensed Pharmacists to help me run my trials, because they were people that I knew from Pharmacy school. I was able to get approval (will not publish his endorsement and stamp until he finishes his residency) from a Doctor because he's been a friend since our days in undergrad.

Its actually not that hard to get what you want though. It could be as simple as reaching out to a professional in your area through email or LinkedIn, and letting them know what you're about. If there is something in it for them, they might be inclined to help. As long as things are legit.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 16, 2021
What's weird about asking s local vet he he /she would give you an endorsement, and pay them.
I have been paying for Celeb and Dr. Endorsements for many years I tell my clients it's not an option this must be done think of it like social media influencers. Go for it!
I don't really see a lot of information out there about this topic. I did a quick Google search and nothing really came up. I figured that it might be worth starting a thread about this because I'm sure that someone out there will be, or is in the same boat as me.

I'm curious about the process of getting a product doctor approved, or in my case - vet approved.

There are really two reasons for this.

The first is the obvious marketing reason. I have noticed that it's common for supplements and products in the pet niche to say that their products are doctor approved with a seal or something. I also think of the late night commercials that I used to see from back in the day when a doctor would actually endorse the product.

The second is just to have a vet/doctor give my product the green light for safety. I'd think that if someone here is developing a skin cream, supplement, or something related then they might also want to accomplish the same.

So, has anyone ever gone through this process?

Any tips or advice?

Personally, I'm thinking about just reaching out to vets to see if I can get a response. I could offer a payment for their endorsement, but something seems kind of weird about offering payments for endorsements.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.