• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum will be undergoing some maintenance on Saturday Jan 19th and may not look normal. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last for only for up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

3. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

EXECUTION Getting 1% conversion rate E-commerce site

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Tomer David, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Tomer David

Tomer David Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $226
    Yesterday was working hard on improving page speed.

Posted a job on Upwork for experts in the field hopefully will have this done quick

Also work hard on moving all pages to SSL by default and moving to http2

2. Tomer David

Rep Bank:
    $226
    Things done in the last couple of days:

* Reduced page speed by 2.5 seconds :) Hopefully will see the fruits of this work soon!
    * Done implementing the https for all pages. now its running under a monitor (pingdom) comparing it to the version without https, and in couple of days if its going to show that its the same speed like regular version we'll put it live.
    * Working harder to reduce page speed even more in the next couple of days
    * adding couple of changes to the shopping cart.

quanttastic likes this.
  3. welshmin

welshmin Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,215
    Then an up-sell is the easiest way, offer an easy upgrade or cross-sell at checkout. Make it as simple as literally checking a box to purchase if possible.

E.g. Purchasing a T-Shirt
    Add an option at checkout to purchase a similar one for 20% off!
    Or add free shipping for a minimum order value, etc. Lots of options.

In business, 10% is 40%. If you have already spent the money acquiring a customer, then every 10% extra is worth 40% extra because that 10% was basically free compared to the rest. (oversimplification but the point stands!)

Also, why so keen to achieve it in a month? Great to have goals and push hard, but play the long-game.

4. Tomer David

Rep Bank:
    $226
    You right and we are doing it already :)

Trying to see what else I can do in addition to push us more.

Yesterday actions.

* started to with Criteo which is a re-marketing company like ad roll to grab more wider exposure in their ad content network.
    * increase shopping cart items to stay up to year with cookies configuration on our store.

Think on ideas on what to do next...

Thank you guys for the help and Ill be glad to hear more ideas!

quanttastic likes this.
  5. Tomer David

Rep Bank:
    $226
    Yesterday and today we had big issues with the website caching and cart, sales went down dramatically and the feeling is not that good.

I'm not sure if ill reach my goal by the end of this season by ill give 100% of myself no matter what!

I'm facing a lot of obstacles in the journey but I know i'm learning so much valuable lesson through so it makes my excited toward next year!

Was also able to have the https with EV support enabled today by default for the whole website.

6. quanttastic

quanttastic Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $254
    I really love your positive attitude through all of this, and appreciate your updates. With your attitude and work ethic no date you will hit your goals eventually + more.

Tomer David likes this.
  7. Tomer David

Rep Bank:
    $226
    Thank you brother I appreciate your support it gives me more motivation!

Arun Siva and quanttastic like this.
  8. Tomer David

Rep Bank:
    $226
    Last couple of days we are back on track sales increasing again and all the issues we had starting to fade...

We installed new tool called HotJar that records visitors actions that way you can track and find issues on the website

We are going to hire someone expert with this tool so he can extract the data and give insights.

Arun Siva and quanttastic like this.
  9. Ecom man

Ecom man Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $32,650
    In most eccommerce stores conversions rates naturally go up between Black Friday and Christmas. If yours has been doing that in years past then you could be giving yourself some false data on your conversion rate increasing. My conversion rate runs 3-4% January through October but this time of year runs 8-10%. If the middle of November I started trying new things I might think I'm a genius because the conversion rate is up so dramatically when in reality it is just the Christmas season skewing the numbers. It's probably better to do all the testing during "normal" selling season so you get an accurate comparison.

10. Tomer David

Rep Bank:
    $226
    Yes off course we have data of 15 years, so we know all of that and we have data to compare it to.

When I set the goal of 1% it's a number that we never reached.

Some updates:

* Used the hotjar tool and got some pretty useful insights.
    * Sales are back in good volume and things start to work again :)

We replaced the agency who managed our PPC marketing with a new one which seems to work, but let give it a time...

Things are going good :)

Scot, Arun Siva and quanttastic like this.
  11. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $12,557
  12. Tomer David

Rep Bank:
    $226
    Yesterday and today focusing on page speed reduced it by half second and still working on it.

Hopefully this week we are also going to implement checkout with amazon

quanttastic likes this.
  13. Tomer David

Rep Bank:
    $226
    Hey guys,

Quick update: We are having a very high number of sales comparing last year, i'm really happy, we had a lot of problems and unexpected issues this holiday season but we went through them stronger, and at the end, its a better season if we compare the last couple of years!

I'm not at 1% yet, but we have an average of the entire last week of 0.65%!

I'm happy with that number too :)

Anyway i'm not adding new things, just focusing on getting more and more sales. We are pretty much extending the Christmas delivery guarantee while our competitors stop since they don't have the abilities of manufacturing that we have, so its an advantage :)

quanttastic likes this.
  14. Tomer David

Rep Bank:
    $226
    Okay so our holiday season is almost done, I didn't reach the 1% conversion goal (I was close) but i'm extremely happy with the way and journey I went this month, and also the results were not bad at all :)

I learned the power of outsourcing and delighting jobs.

Power of good website infrastructure and the basic things.

I realized that I need to Focus more on marketing.

I have a lot of work next year and i'm really excited to start a new journey (its not going to be easy) but really fun.

Merry Christmas everyone and happy new year :)

15. Robert Williams

Robert Williams New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $36
    Hii Tomar!

As you have asked about the strategies to increase the conversion rate on your online portal. I would suggest you to work on the product listing & desription writing on your website. these are the areas which create positive or negative image about your website & offerings in the mind of customer.
    Secondly, try to go for some social media marketing it will help you to get engagement with your potential customers & with it a chance for promotion. you can even create a community of your customers to retain them for future sales.
    At last, try to use SEO as a way to promote your website freely through google ranking.

THese all services you can get even by the virtual assistants who opposite to your regular employees work on hourly basis giving you a more competitive advantage then other sellers

Thanks

16. MarkMiller24x7

MarkMiller24x7 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $26
    Hyy Tomar,
    Can you please suggest the readers what you have done different in a brief way and how you came to know the importance of outsourcing and delivering jobs in the past year.
    This will help the newbies a lot.
    And also what work you used to outsource and how you find the best outsourcing company for you?

17. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $19,866
    Hi Tomer,

Seems I'm coming to the party late (only the cleaners left to pick up all the empty bottles and sweep the floors of festive streamers and confetti).

Congratulations on increasing you conversion rate. It's not an easy task at the best of times.

Reading your journey am I right in thinking you have been part of this business for years? I'm just wondering why the focus on Web Site improvements was left till November. Surely summer was the time to plan, implement and test changes in preparation for the most important months of the year?

Did you run re-targeting? If so how did you find that for increasing sales?

I had an eCommerce business for years selling findings (components for making jewellery for the uninitiated). Not products on your level you understand. I always found the most important aspect were images. High quality images and several of them per item coupled with accurate and detailed copy. Obviously product images play a major role in your business. Do you have static images or do you also include video?

Have you considered a channel that explains the craft of manufacture and the workmanship that goes into every piece?

Second hand watch shop Watchfinder.co.uk have built a solid reputation on youtube which gives their potential customers a strong feeling of confidence, especially considering that their second hand watches can run to over $250,000.

Here's an example of their work (might be food for thought):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Y8MB0jGZg

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.