The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Germany Meetup Opportunities

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Today I looked back to the beginning of this thread: started in 2015, 80% of the "founding fathers" here are long gone and forgotten. There used to be a facebook group, which I left because there was absolutely zero action.

To all people living in Benelux/Western-Germany and beyond, thinking it won't be worth it:

@Ikke took the initiative to organize a new meetup. I found out today that there are people driving for more 5 hours to be present!

That's 10 hours in total!

This means probably 2000 km on German highways with German cars!

Another dude will be partying hard in Amsterdam the day before, but he's gonna drag his intoxicated body on the train to get there anyway!

This alone shows the dedication of the participating members.

I have strong feeling this meetup is going to lead to more dedication, networks, friendship, persistance and commitment for all the participants. If you are serious about being an entrepreneur, I think it's a no-brainer to be present as well.

Of course you can ignore my call, but please: go see for yourself to the beginning of this thread and check how many of those members are still active.

Get my point?

PM me your phone number to add you to the Whatsapp group if you want to be part of this! I have the feeling this is the beginning of something BIG!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
The meetup was yesterday and I hope all that attended enjoyed it. I'm still sad that in the end I couldn't make it but I'm exceptionally glad it did finally happen.

And of course I am very interested in what you as an individual and (aspiring) fast laner learned and took away from the meetup.

So what was your main take away?

@JDx @Seeker @Eisenstein @#nowhere @Longinus @Knugs @Ascension @other participants of who I dont know the forumname.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
The meetup was yesterday and I hope all that attended enjoyed it. I'm still sad that in the end I couldn't make it but I'm exceptionally glad it did finally happen.

And of course I am very interested in what you as an individual and (aspiring) fast laner learned and took away from the meetup.

So what was your main take away?

@JDx @Seeker @Eisenstein @#nowhere @Longinus @Knugs @Ascension @other participants of who I dont know the forumname.

There will be another meetup in 6 months. We have BIG ideas planned for next time.

The meet up in Maastricht was great to meet like minded people. We had some very in depth discussions about life and business. Too much to really write down!

Met some cool guys and looking forward to the next meetup!

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Today I looked back to the beginning of this thread: started in 2015, 80% of the "founding fathers" here are long gone and forgotten.
This.
Another example: I tried to revive the German Skype group a long time ago (which didn't work out, for the best). Since then, I got a lot of PMs from Germans sharing their Skype ID to join. While I like the initiative, nearly most of them are logged off forever before I can even write out an answer.
We Germans tend to not stick around.

Great to see so much people (and an actual meeting) happening in here! While I couldn't attend, I'm happy to hear it worked out so well.

With that:
There will be another meetup in 6 months.
in mind, what do you guys think about a more recurring meetup? Maybe in different part of Germany each time, so the same people don't have to travel 10hours each time.

If some of you are interested, I'd propose a meeting in Düsseldorf in the beginning of April (I would be happy to organise)

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
This.
Another example: I tried to revive the German Skype group a long time ago (which didn't work out, for the best). Since then, I got a lot of PMs from Germans sharing their Skype ID to join. While I like the initiative, nearly most of them are logged off forever before I can even write out an answer.
We Germans tend to not stick around.

Great to see so much people (and an actual meeting) happening in here! While I couldn't attend, I'm happy to hear it worked out so well.

With that:

in mind, what do you guys think about a more recurring meetup? Maybe in different part of Germany each time, so the same people don't have to travel 10hours each time.

If some of you are interested, I'd propose a meeting in Düsseldorf in the beginning of April (I would be happy to organise)

1 month might be too early but it's not far from me and I would be happy to come.

I think local pockets of groups would work well recurringly but I know we have members from all of the country plus Belgians and Dutch.

I would like to get and give a chance for all the guys to progress and update on what has happened. we were thinking summer holiday time or just before or just after it.

I had lots of pms asking to be included for next time.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
There will be another meetup in 6 months. We have BIG ideas planned for next time.

The meet up in Maastricht was great to meet like minded people. We had some very in depth discussions about life and business. Too much to really write down!

Met some cool guys and looking forward to the next meetup!

Great to hear.

There were 10 members originally, but some dropped out very last minute (including myself as my car broke on the road to Maastricht).

Definitely looking forward to the next meeting. If any other German/Dutch/Belgian (or beyond) members want to stay updated, PM your phone number so we can add you in the Whatsapp group.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Great to hear.

There were 10 members originally, but some dropped out very last minute (including myself as my car broke on the road to Maastricht).

Definitely looking forward to the next meeting. If any other German/Dutch/Belgian (or beyond) members want to stay updated, PM your phone number so we can add you in the Whatsapp group.

next time you buy a German car

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
next time you buy a German car

or a solid german tank... also allowing you a certain Blitz-movement.

Was happy to be there. Next event is 6 months away and we want to dedicate a bit of time to "work" then.
May it be brainstorming, validating ideas, develop new ones or old ones further.

Was glad to meet you all!

Ascension

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 1, 2016
Germany
Soo, where to start, where to end. Whatever I write now won't do the nine hours of constant talk justice, but I'll try to give you the points that stuck the most with me, as well as my overall impression.

@Seeker gave us a talk about his profession IT Consulting and analyzed how well it can match with the CENTS commandments. Right at the beginning, he changed the view I had of a consultant (as somebody who's actually consulting somebody on something) to more of a lend workforce.
It turns out that all service businesses are truly not created equal when it comes to Fastlane purposes. Even though companies pay very sizable amounts for IT Consultants your margins get pretty thin after you've paid for all of your employee's expenses and training, assuming you can even find qualified employees.

What impressed me most about @Knugs' talk was how much he was able to get done while working as a medical doctor or training to become one. He started off with an overview of his past endeavors and shared his current workings and future goals.
As a 13-year-old selling BB guns he proved that a product that pulls truly trumps everything. Most of his entrepreneurial pursuits after that were focused on and around the medical field which leaves amazing room for innovation and added value. It truly showed how beneficial being an expert on something can be. 99% of people will never even think or know about the hundreds or thousands of unsolved problems in your area of expertise and therefore aren't even able to compete with you. His experience with partnerships in business urges you to consider carefully if your partners will actually bring anything to the table. A great piece of advice was to stagger the distribution of equity and tie it to certain goals which have to be reached first.

@Dolsin shared his experience in the energy business. And what I found especially interesting, his experience cold calling, developing a script and hiring 10 salespeople. If I understood correctly his employees all had some experience in the industry but no experience cold calling. That they turned out profitable really speaks for a proper script and a planned way to handle objections.
Unfortunately, he had to really drive home the point about not partnering with your friends. The story about gambling problems, law-suits, a lost business and a broken long-time friendship really solidified me in my conviction to never get into business with friends.

@#nowhere told us about his experience growing up in a family of entrepreneurs and his experience being a mechanical engineer as well as a salesman.
It's quite a different world. Instead of closing the sale over a couple hundred or maybe thousand bucks over a phone call you spend months with a person the close a deal over millions. And while most sales professionals have to be mainly good at selling (though they obviously have to understand their product as well) here a deep technical knowledge is required to not only induce trust in the customer but to actually be able to recommend them a suitable product.

@JDx told us of the difficulties selling websites, his experience in front-end development as well as his experience with @snowbank's first incubator. To him it wasn't worth it and he expected a little more one on one coaching instead of handling everything in groups.
That being said, I don't think this can be taken as a general statement over the worth of Snowbank's course but shows that there is rarely ever a slam-dunk and what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another.

I talked about my past failures, about how there's absolutely no reason to spend large amounts of money on websites and pretty packaging when you haven't even made a sale yet, just because you convinced yourself that that is what's necessary at that price point. Furthermore how you should make the time frame and the consequences of violating this frame crystal clear in a contract, everytime you hire somebody for anything if you don't want things to drag on for months and eat your time away.

In addition, I talked about my current venture and plans to manufacture, sell and rent out machines in the event space.
This was the really surprising part of the meetup for me. I went under the assumption that I would learn from everybody else's experiences and I did. But I did not anticipate how much you gain from simply sharing your situation with others. There are so many different viewpoints, concerns and ideas to add value that you just wouldn't come up with on your own.
For that alone, I can only advise anybody who can to attend the next meetup.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
Was great meeting everyone and talking about business/ideas/experiences.
Definitely a kick (back) into the right direction for me.
Unfortunately I was late due to a "double booking" :beer: and we didn't have enough time to do all the presentations. Next time doing more brainstorming or training-like activities is definitely a good idea and I look forward to it!

Thanks all for attending!

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 27, 2016
Anyone up to doing another meetup in the early summer months? ;)

I am from Frankfurt and I would love to get together with other people. I have another friend from Wiesbaden and we are looking forward to get to know other business enthusiasts!

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Anyone up to doing another meetup in the early summer months? ;)

I am from Frankfurt and I would love to get together with other people. I have another friend from Wiesbaden and we are looking forward to get to know other business enthusiasts!

Shoot me a PM with your phone number and I'll add you to the group. Some people wanted to meet in the Summer.

Kaizen502

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 5, 2018
Germany
Are there any meetups planned in the future?

I am at the beginning of building my Fastlane business and would like to meet like-minded peeps.

@Longinus I can't view your profile to send you a PM with my contact information. Maybe you can contact me and let me know some details/requirements for joining one of the next meetups?

Pavlos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 2, 2018
Germany
Hi Guys,
I am highly interessted in getting together! I need fastlane thinking. Even, if its for an hour or less...

Many thanks in advance!

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
Didn't even know this was a thing. Ever thought about having a german responsibility group via chat or mail to "on track" and kick each others a$$ if someone's action faking?

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Didn't even know this was a thing. Ever thought about having a german responsibility group via chat or mail to "on track" and kick each others a$$ if someone's action faking?

Currently it's a German/Dutch/Belgian WhatsApp group with occasional entrepreneur information/sharing of milestones/banter with 20 participants.

Hijena1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 1, 2018
Germany
Currently it's a German/Dutch/Belgian WhatsApp group with occasional entrepreneur information/sharing of milestones/banter with 20 participants.
Any action happening in the group?

Kaizen502

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 5, 2018
Germany
I'm very interested in a meetup near or in the area of Stuttgart. Anybody up here who lives near Stuttgart?

We don't have a meetup planned yet afaik, but I am from Ulm and always open to connecting with like-minded people. If you are interested shoot me a message!

What are you doing?

@Longinus can also add you to our WhatsApp group.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
i will be in Munich Feb 7 till 11th. If anyone is interested in meeting up I am down. I will be near Marianplatz. I will also be there for oktoberfest sept 20-29 :cool: whose down for some Augistners, Ayingers and Paulaners?

delNaglos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jan 2, 2019
Germany
i will be in Munich Feb 7 till 11th. If anyone is interested in meeting up I am down. I will be near Marianplatz. I will also be there for oktoberfest sept 20-29 :cool: whose down for some Augistners, Ayingers and Paulaners?

Sounds good. Let's meet up. PM me for my phone number so we can connect for the exact time. :cool:

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
Hey everyone,

I'd be very interested in a meet-up somewhere in Germany. I'm living currently in Saxony, Dresden and from September on I will live in Munich - any guys from the mentioned areas here? - PM me, I'd love to hear from you!

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Hey everyone,

I'd be very interested in a meet-up somewhere in Germany. I'm living currently in Saxony, Dresden and from September on I will live in Munich - any guys from the mentioned areas here? - PM me, I'd love to hear from you!
will be in munich for Oktoberfest from sept 20-29! you can PM me

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
New German guy here. I'm also interested in meetings / whatsapp chats :)
you can pm me. I spend quite a bit of time in Munich and Ingolstadt.

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
Today I looked back to the beginning of this thread: started in 2015, 80% of the "founding fathers" here are long gone and forgotten. There used to be a facebook group, which I left because there was absolutely zero action.

To all people living in Benelux/Western-Germany and beyond, thinking it won't be worth it:

@Ikke took the initiative to organize a new meetup. I found out today that there are people driving for more 5 hours to be present!

That's 10 hours in total!

This means probably 2000 km on German highways with German cars!

Another dude will be partying hard in Amsterdam the day before, but he's gonna drag his intoxicated body on the train to get there anyway!

This alone shows the dedication of the participating members.

I have strong feeling this meetup is going to lead to more dedication, networks, friendship, persistance and commitment for all the participants. If you are serious about being an entrepreneur, I think it's a no-brainer to be present as well.

Of course you can ignore my call, but please: go see for yourself to the beginning of this thread and check how many of those members are still active.

Get my point?

PM me your phone number to add you to the Whatsapp group if you want to be part of this! I have the feeling this is the beginning of something BIG!

I'd love to be a part of the WA group and to attend and organize with you the meet-ups!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.