The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Germany Meetup Opportunities

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
wish we could meetup again next june 1-12 of 2017! i will be visiting my family in Munchen! anyone down for a june meetup?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Every German wanting to joing the Skype Group, pm me your username!
As soon as I get one I will start the group - if one already exists, please tell me!

arun6siva

maxendio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 2, 2016
Germany
In my Opinion we dont necessary need presentations or anything like that. Just talking about Ideas or share some thoughts on specific topics and talk to other fastlaners would be nice as I have none in my friend group with the same mindset etc. :p

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
So far, the skype group consists of 3 members! Send me your name so I can add you! :)
The group purpose is to not have constant calls but rather a private place to get in touch with other german fastlaners. That can be done by chatting, calling or meeting up.

S.A

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Dec 24, 2016
If we will be around 12 people I could provide some space (my apartment) as I live in Cologne. If we are more than that, we have to look for another location. I could do that as well. I can speak about things I learned about web projects (currently I am running two main projects, one of these has about 600k hits a month), newsletter marketing and some other stuff related to that. I am also an IT consultant at my slowlane job.
Hi why you still working?

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Hey there!

I was wondering, is anyone coming to the Start-Up Woche in Düsseldorf?
(Home | Startup-Woche Düsseldorf)

I initially did not want to come.
A lot of romantizising of the 'big business idea', workshops to find the newest groundbreaking ideas to disrupt X industries and generally a lot of action faking.

I did not spend much time to reseach though, so I could be wrong all along.

But netherless, it might me a good place to meet each other - it's a neutral, (safe,) public space (in the end we are still strangers on the internet..)

And if you are already attending one of the workshops/seminars/events, doing a meet up saves a lot of travel time.

So, is anyone going?

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
A lot of romantizising of the 'big business idea', workshops to find the newest groundbreaking ideas to disrupt X industries and generally a lot of action faking.

I have never seen a workshop or club or whatever where that was not the case: mental masturbation, "networking", obsessed by a stupid worthless idea.

Keep in mind that these events are most likely organized by people that, just like many infomercial people, don't have a clue about starting a business, but want to start a business where they show other people how to start a business.

As soon as I see or hear the word "startup":

jerry-done.gif

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
I have never seen a workshop or club or whatever where that was not the case: mental masturbation, "networking", obsessed by a stupid worthless idea.

Keep in mind that these events are most likely organized by people that, just like many infomercial people, don't have a clue about starting a business, but want to start a business where they show other people how to start a business.

As soon as I see or hear the word "startup":

jerry-done.gif
Exactly! The word Start Up is a big red flag.

The only two reasons why I'm considering going:

1. Networking.
A lot of likeminded people, ready to meet others.
On a second thought though, do I want to network with the people attending the courses?

2. Every Start Up needs a Website or some kind of Online Marketing.
I'm a webdesign Freelancer.
It would be a great way to train to sell my service.
On a second note though, do I want to work with wannabe business owners or real business owners?

Well after writing that down I basically proved my reasons to be wrong haha

NFT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Mar 14, 2017
Germany
So far, the skype group consists of 3 members! Send me your name so I can add you! :)
The group purpose is to not have constant calls but rather a private place to get in touch with other german fastlaners. That can be done by chatting, calling or meeting up.
Please add me, my username is darenthael (I think it is)

NFT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Mar 14, 2017
Germany
In my Opinion we dont necessary need presentations or anything like that. Just talking about Ideas or share some thoughts on specific topics and talk to other fastlaners would be nice as I have none in my friend group with the same mindset etc. :p
exactly the same for me, unfortunately entrepreneurship is rare among our generation. At least thats what I have noticed so far...

NFT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Mar 14, 2017
Germany
I am interested in a meetup as well. Currently I live in Saarland/Rheinland-Pfalz.

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Hallo und Willkommen @NFT und @DejanM !

The Skype group never really happened.
And I slowly get to see why - personally I don't really have time for a regular chat without a clear goal in mind.

Specific calls for with a determined topic can be good though - so why not go that route?
If you come up with a specific problem that is either tied to Germany or can be better discussed in German, post it in here and we can hop on a call!
Maybe it's more productive than having a weekly call where a lot of time is spent on small talk, organising and no clear structure.

For example:
"Hey guys, I'm a freelancer that is currently using Upwork to get my clients. I do want to move off from UpWork though.
Let's chat about going from freelancer on UpWork to agency in control of their sales despite the German regulations on cold calling and emailing."

Just a thought though - I don't think a regular call will bring much value.
You can proove me the difference if you have any other ideas though haha

And one additional thing, and I don't want to adress this to you two as I've seen both of you post on this forum for some time.
A lot of people on this thread (German entrepeneurs in general) contribute on this forum 5 times, then post in here or write me a PM.
And are never seen again.
Just look at the number of posts in this thread, and the numbers of active german members.. The ratio is quite depressing.

So if you've just joined two days ago, posted 3 times (in here, and in both "I've read the book" threads), don't expect anyone to hop on a call without you giving them a great reason too.
If my time is incredbily short, you can only image how tight the schedule of the more experienced german members like @#nowhere and @Supa is.

NFT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Mar 14, 2017
Germany
Hallo @Ika
Unfortunately, a lot of members just hop on the forum, hoping to find some magical step-by-step guide to financial succes. As soon as they witness that executing the Fastlane requires a shitload of work and commitment, they quit. They keep on living a mediocre live dreaming about a Porsche hoping to "get lucky" in the future.
This is not how it works.

I completely agree that our time is scarce, therefore Id like to know if I can help you with sth.
I have some ideas though, if you want to discuss them.

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany

And I slowly get to see why - personally I don't really have time for a regular chat without a clear goal in mind.

Specific calls for with a determined topic can be good though - so why not go that route?
If you come up with a specific problem that is either tied to Germany or can be better discussed in German, post it in here and we can hop on a call!
Maybe it's more productive than having a weekly call where a lot of time is spent on small talk, organising and no clear structure.

For example:
"Hey guys, I'm a freelancer that is currently using Upwork to get my clients. I do want to move off from UpWork though.
Let's chat about going from freelancer on UpWork to agency in control of their sales despite the German regulations on cold calling and emailing."

I second this! I think if the purpose is clear and you think some of us could be of help... Go for it! I can speak for me only, but I'll be happy to help whenever I'm able to. But then things have to have a clear structure.

For socializing I would prefer something like the event which was planned here before. A skype call won't do much for the socializing goal.

And one additional thing, and I don't want to adress this to you two as I've seen both of you post on this forum for some time.
A lot of people on this thread (German entrepeneurs in general) contribute on this forum 5 times, then post in here or write me a PM.
Just look at the number of posts in this thread, and the numbers of active german members.. The ratio is quite depressing.

German phenomenon... Risk-adversity at it's best. More opportunity for us!

So if you've just joined two days ago, posted 3 times (in here, and in both "I've read the book" threads), don't expect anyone to hop on a call without you giving them a great reason too.
If my time is incredbily short, you can only image how tight the schedule of the more experienced german members like @#nowhere and @Supa is.

You never know what the others are doing but I think that Germans often times see "fastlane?! - s c a m"
Bc not one person gives it a try. Cultural problem.

I think Ika put it straight. I'm happy to share some time, but then with a clear "agenda". Not just dabbling around.

Hope to meet some of you someday!

If someone wants to reach out to me, just write a PM.

Saludos!

DejanM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
May 7, 2017
Austria

For example:

Just a thought though - I don't think a regular call will bring much value.
You can proove me the difference if you have any other ideas though haha

I fully agree with you when it comes to chat without a clear goal in mind. My idea was more to connect witheachother and try to have chat based on a specific topic. For example I am good at webdesign and I also think meanwhile I am really good at Amazon stuff. You maybe are better in a different topic e.g. shopify or dropshipping. So to set up a mastermind with a clear goal in mind like to support eachother in opening additional sales funnels and so on.

PhilKowalski

Always gets what he deserves
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jul 5, 2017
Germany
Guy living in Franconia here (Nuremberg area).

I'd be also in for both, personal meetup or skype. When skype, I like the idea of having a specific topic.

What do you guys think of the following:

Every1 shares some of the special know how they have in the group and the group / community can then decide, if it's applicable for skype call?

E. g. I have experience in SEO and webdesign

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
Hi,

I like the idea.

P.S.
If you are using your real name here, I would ask one of the mods for a change. You told your city of residence and maybe your name. If you have no problem to be identified easily, then ignore my comment.

Nevertheless: Welcome to fastlane. Just shoot me a message or ask here if I can be of help.

Saludos

#n

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
The last couple of days I've seen countless facebook and banner ads for this website:

Entrepreneur Fastlane - Wie du dir ein Leben nach deinen Vorstellungen erschaffst

Don't visit it - it has nothing to do with the actual fastlane philosophy.
It just looks like the next "get rich quick" course.

The interesting(or concerning) point is that the founder (Karl Ess) has a big business and fitness related following to push his course on to.
That *could* influence the term fastlane for the german market.

I personally wouldn't pick up the book if it has a similar title to another bs course.

It's maybe interesting for @MJ DeMarco too if there are too big overlaps to the book (and your copyright).

Radek G

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jul 26, 2017
Hamburg
Wow so many People from Germany here, espacially from my home town Hamburg!
The easiest way would be create a meeting for MJ Fastlaners on "meetup.com"
Think about it ; )

Last edited:

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
The last couple of days I've seen countless facebook and banner ads for this website:

Entrepreneur Fastlane - Wie du dir ein Leben nach deinen Vorstellungen erschaffst

The interesting(or concerning) point is that the founder (Karl Ess) has a big business and fitness related following to push his course on to.

I personally wouldn't pick up the book if it has a similar title to another bs course.

It's maybe interesting for @MJ DeMarco too if there are too big overlaps to the book (and your copyright).

Karl Ess the Vegan bodybuilder, ok its really curious but it seems he made a lot of money and he can show you how to do the same, sell ebooks and vegan recipes for body building and make a lot of youtube videos!! it worked out for him xD

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015

These bro-marketers in Germany are like a disease. I have also seen multiple MLM ads on Youtube and Facebook. They throw big conferences, and a lot of people fall into the trap. Really sad to see.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.