The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Germany Meetup Opportunities

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
I'm interested but have to see if it works with my schedule.

Also I would suggest starting a little earlier than 3 pm so we can make the most of the day.

Will there be presentations where people share their expertise? Or will it just be a meetup and talk?
Because I would suggest that a few presentations would really add some value for the people that come. To start it off I will offer to give a short presentation about the production of physical products or importing from asia if there is any interest in these subjects.

maxendio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 2, 2016
Germany

Also I would suggest starting a little earlier than 3 pm so we can make the most of the day.

Will there be presentations where people share their expertise? Or will it just be a meetup and talk?
Because I would suggest that a few presentations would really add some value for the people that come. To start it off I will offer to give a short presentation about the production of physical products or importing from asia if there is any interest in these subjects.
I like that idea alot!

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany

Great!

If someone can't contribute anything relating to actual Business experiences he/she could pitch some knowledge in his/ her field and we can discuss, develop new ideas or whatever will be the result. If we do this with time restriction, everyone can contribute something.

Earlier beginning is appreciated too.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam

Sounds like a great idea!

P.S. I messaged you regarding the FB group last week.

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
Sounds like a great idea!
I like that idea alot!

Good, maybe we whould inventorise what topic each person will speak about. That way we can make a schedule and maybe cherry pick some topics that are of interest to most people.

Mid-October Cologne meetup
-maxendio
-JDx
-Seeker
-#nowhere
-Longinus
-chriswho
-supa
-Cembo
-goodguude
-theag?
-ikke? - physical production or importing experience​

P.S. I messaged you regarding the FB group last week.
I just saw it and replied

maxendio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 2, 2016
Germany
Good, maybe we whould inventorise what topic each person will speak about. That way we can make a schedule and maybe cherry pick some topics that are of interest to most people.

-maxendio
-JDx
-Seeker
-#nowhere
-Longinus
-chriswho
-supa
-Cembo
-goodguude
-theag?
-ikke? - physical production or importing experience​

I just saw it and replied
Im a noob and can't speak about anything unfortunately.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
No big experience regarding business, but I'll just list mine anyway:

-maxendio
-JDx - anything regarding fitness and diet, car sales, photoshop and IT
-Seeker
-#nowhere
-Longinus
-chriswho
-supa
-Cembo
-goodguude
-theag?
-ikke? - physical production or importing experience

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Wouldn't call myself a big shot.. But I do enjoy shots.. Shots of Jägermeister :innocent: :halo:

No Jägermeister since my bachelor party 25 years ago.

Seeker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Dec 21, 2015
Germany
Being still a slowlaner I can't share any fastlane insights from my own experience. But there are two topics I could talk about that might be valueable, in case somebody wants to here it (reply or PM me). I would only pick one, depending on the feedback.

- "Time Management" - this would be pretty basic stuff everybody should already know - like how to set your priorities right by ordering your tasks by importance and urgency, how to cut more time out of your life and so on. Not sure if I'm entitled to talk about it, because I don't always take my own medicine here. But if somebody is completely new to this, I might be able to share some theory here that I learned in a course.

- "IT Consulting Business - Can it be Fastlane?" I've been an Consultant for 5 years and now almost 6 years on the consumer side of IT Consulting. I never owned my own business in that regard, but have plenty of experience in the business and could provide an insight on this branch - especially in the light of the Fastlane. I could also tell you why I personally don't persue it as a Fastlane. So if anybody is interested let me know.

BTW is there anybody - best would be a local from cologne who could organize a conference room in hotel or better the whole meetup? If we want people to present there should be a room with a projector (or "Beamer" as we Germans refer to it). This stuff also needs to be paid for. I don't mind paying a moderate attendence fee, but we should be clear about if we want that. In my eyes this would only make sense if we have enough people who are genueinly interested in doing this. I'm also perfectly fine with just hanging out, meeting some of you guys and have some drinks together. Of course hearing some presentations would add much more value to it, so I would favor that.

Last edited:

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I can bring a beamer if needed. All we need is a conference room. This doesn't have to be fancy, just a hall with electricity.

Ascension

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 1, 2016
Germany
I would love to attend aswell

-maxendio
-JDx - anything regarding fitness and diet, car sales, photoshop and IT
-Seeker
-#nowhere
-Longinus
-chriswho
-supa
-Cembo
-goodguude
-theag?
-ikke? - physical production or importing experience
-Ascension

Not much business experience yet, but I could talk about subscription models with physical products, maybe venturing of into travelling as a niche

chriswho

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Nov 23, 2015
If we will be around 12 people I could provide some space (my apartment) as I live in Cologne. If we are more than that, we have to look for another location. I could do that as well. I can speak about things I learned about web projects (currently I am running two main projects, one of these has about 600k hits a month), newsletter marketing and some other stuff related to that. I am also an IT consultant at my slowlane job.

maxendio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 2, 2016
Germany
If we will be around 12 people I could provide some space (my apartment) as I live in Cologne. If we are more than that, we have to look for another location. I could do that as well. I can speak about things I learned about web projects (currently I am running two main projects, one of these has about 600k hits a month), newsletter marketing and some other stuff related to that. I am also an IT consultant at my slowlane job.
Awesome man!!
Do you already know a good Place where we could go to eat?

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
When in doubt, always choose sushi.
Great that you're from around Cologne! 12 people seems to be accurate so far. How far from the center are you? Would you know(or, have) a location for us to do some presentations?

chriswho

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Nov 23, 2015
I live right in the center of Cologne. I will Look for a place for us to hold some presentations. If I won't find any and if we are ~12 we can also hold presentations at my place if somebody brings a beamer. Would be in my living room then. I will hold you guys up to date regarding the place.

petkovic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 28, 2015
Germany
Hi guys,

since I live in Aachen, I would like to join as well.
Don't have my own business yet, but have been a consultant in Quality Management/Quality Assurance for the past 5 years. If this is relevant to any of you, I would be happy to share my experience.

maxendio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 2, 2016
Germany
Hi guys,

since I live in Aachen, I would like to join as well.
Don't have my own business yet, but have been a consultant in Quality Management/Quality Assurance for the past 5 years. If this is relevant to any of you, I would be happy to share my experience.
Everyone is welcome I would say. I'm sure everybody would be interessted in your experience atleast I'm. :)

Rincewind

Don't give up and never hide
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jun 4, 2016
Du you have a date for the cologne meetup already? I'm from Hamburg but I would like to travel to cologne if I have time on that evening.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
@chriswho

chriswho was last seen: Aug 25, 2016

Seems like all the German guys here just come and leave.

[room for cliché joke about "Germans normally leaving after 4 years" or something]

Guys if we don't have a venue in Germany, we might as well look for a venue in Netherlands of Belgium. I can set up something in Ghent-area, but that's pretty far for some.

@petkovic Can't you look for something in Aachen? The dom would be awesome if I can sit on the throne.

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
@chriswho

chriswho was last seen: Aug 25, 2016

Seems like all the German guys here just come and leave.

[room for cliché joke about "Germans normally leaving after 4 years" or something]

Guys if we don't have a venue in Germany, we might as well look for a venue in Netherlands of Belgium. I can set up something in Ghent-area, but that's pretty far for some.

@petkovic Can't you look for something in Aachen? The dom would be awesome if I can sit on the throne.

Maybe the german guys have other things to do :)

Please specify "all"..

I know that @Seeker had his event shortly, won't be here for the next few weeks.

@Supa
@Ascension
@goodguude
@Cembo
@maxendio
@Ikke
@theag

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
Just back from holiday since last week.

Now let's make some decisions.

Date: How about 15 or 16 october.
Location: Cologne @chriswho his place/ cologne conference center?/aachen area.

Day planning:

12:00 Start: introducing yourself
13:00 Start presentations
Each presentation will be about +/- 10 mintues with +/-10 minutes Q/A ?
15:00 short break
15:30 presentations
17:30 go to restaurant
18:00 dinner

Something like this? Open to all your suggestions and great ideas.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
Just back from holiday since last week.

Now let's make some decisions.

Date: How about 15 or 16 october.
Location: Cologne @chriswho his place/ cologne conference center?/aachen area.

Day planning:

12:00 Start: introducing yourself
13:00 Start presentations
Each presentation will be about +/- 10 mintues with +/-10 minutes Q/A ?
15:00 short break
15:30 presentations
17:30 go to restaurant
18:00 dinner

Something like this? Open to all your suggestions and great ideas.

Came in to suggest a date, you beat me to it, thanks.
Thanks for the suggestions; this sounds good!
Loads of time for presentations, but in case we won't be able to use up the whole afternoon, perhaps we can just chill out, discuss ideas, or depending on the weather take a walk through the city or do an activity.

For example:
Play an 'escape room' game,
Visit the Koln Triangle, the chocolate museum , play glow in the dark minigolf, to name a few

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.