The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Germany Meetup Opportunities

Rincewind

Don't give up and never hide
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jun 4, 2016
For me, both days would be fine. Since I will travel from Hamburg and back, I would prefer the 15th.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
For me, both days would be fine. Since I will travel from Hamburg and back, I would prefer the 15th.

If someone is interested: I'm Thinking about a stay from 15th to 16th. Maybe some program for 16th?

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Came in to suggest a date, you beat me to it, thanks.
Thanks for the suggestions; this sounds good!
Loads of time for presentations, but in case we won't be able to use up the whole afternoon, perhaps we can just chill out, discuss ideas, or depending on the weather take a walk through the city or do an activity.

For example:
Play an 'escape room' game,
Visit the Koln Triangle, the chocolate museum , play glow in the dark minigolf, to name a few

Phantasialand.

Seeker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Dec 21, 2015
Germany
If someone is interested: I'm Thinking about a stay from 15th to 16th. Maybe some program for 16th?
I'd also prefer the 15th in cologne and stay overnight. I don't need any program for sunday. I'd rather return shortly after breakfast. At most something short for 2 hours or so. Time is valueable, folks.

Maybe a few drinks after dinner on saturday?

maxendio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 2, 2016
Germany
15th is good, I'm down for that.
Overnight stay would be little bit to expansive for a apperenticeship doing guy like me right now I think.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

petkovic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 28, 2015
Germany
I will have to get back to you this weekend about the possibility to move it to Aachen on that date, if we have no one in Cologne(?)

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
I'd also prefer the 15th in cologne and stay overnight. I don't need any program for sunday. I'd rather return shortly after breakfast. At most something short for 2 hours or so. Time is valueable, folks.

Maybe a few drinks after dinner on saturday?

I hadn't suggested Phantasialand or something like that. Something more effective... Even if you and me discuss for two hours on sunday and someone wants to join us, I'd consider this as a "program".

Drinks are fine on saturday. I'm not on board regarding something like phantasialand, play tag or similar things.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Sorry, guys, didn't know.

874.gif

You sure about the drinks though? Or should it be vinegar?

petkovic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 28, 2015
Germany
Hey guys,

if you want to come to Aachen on October 15th, I would be happy to organize something here!
Sorry that info took a bit longer than I originally thought, but I was sorting out travel around that time and that took longer than expected.

Of course, if someone can organize it in Cologne, that would probably even better because it is 1 hour less travel for everyone (except me and the Belgians).

chriswho

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Nov 23, 2015
Hey guys,

sorry for not being active lately. Had some shit on work going on and my brother married his girlfriend and I am the groomsman. Now I have some space again.

15th October sounds great. I figured out some places we can rent as I think my apartment is a little bit too small for more than 10-12 people.

Or is this fix in Aachen now? Can travel to Aachen as well, but I think that Cologne is far more exciting :p Especially the nightlife (and I think some of you guys are willing / needing to stay overnight as I read). I lived in Aachen for 3 years as well during studies.

But I am open for Aachen as well, as said.

Would you guys be able / is it okay for you if the place costs some money? Think we won't get anything free here (except we are not so many and my apartment's size is sufficient).

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
No need to apologize.
Aachen is roughly 20 minutes shorter/closer for me, so I'd prefer that. Depending on the kind of meetup we want to hold, I'll either drive home at night or stay a night and return on Sunday. It seems a few members would prefer purely business talks without any chilling or doing a fun activity. I imagine everybody doing presentations and all of us then leaving being very static and boring, however to each his own. (iirc other meetups have been based on poker nights; gives you something to do instead of sitting like an AAA group, lol)
The drive will be roughly 2.5 hours for me, so we might as well have a good time and discuss all the fastlane business and struggles while grabbing a drink somewhere IMO.

To summarize, for Aachen we have votes:

-chriswho
-petkovic
-JDx
-Longinus?
-Ikke?

Seeker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Dec 21, 2015
Germany
Hey guys,

sorry for not being active lately. Had some shit on work going on and my brother married his girlfriend and I am the groomsman. Now I have some space again.

15th October sounds great. I figured out some places we can rent as I think my apartment is a little bit too small for more than 10-12 people.

Or is this fix in Aachen now? Can travel to Aachen as well, but I think that Cologne is far more exciting [emoji14] Especially the nightlife (and I think some of you guys are willing / needing to stay overnight as I read). I lived in Aachen for 3 years as well during studies.

But I am open for Aachen as well, as said.

Would you guys be able / is it okay for you if the place costs some money? Think we won't get anything free here (except we are not so many and my apartment's size is sufficient).
I would prefer cologne for a few reasons: 1. It is 30 Minutes less to drive from where I come from. 2. I imagine nightlife to be more interesting than Aachen 3. More Hotels / conference centers to choose from. But I'd also go to Aachen if more people decide thats the place to go.

Because I honestly lost track who prefers which location, I set up a little doodle. Just vote for one location or if you don't care check both. Whatever gets more votes till end of next week is our location. http://doodle.com/poll/t28y6egpctbdzyc4

I'd be willing to pay for a conference room, but no more than 50 bucks. @chriswho could you check the prices/locations?

Last edited:

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
It doesn't matter for me. I think Cologne is a better choice in general because most of you guys come from the east. Depends also on which venues @chriswho can find.

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
No need to apologize.
Aachen is roughly 20 minutes shorter/closer for me, so I'd prefer that. Depending on the kind of meetup we want to hold, I'll either drive home at night or stay a night and return on Sunday. It seems a few members would prefer purely business talks without any chilling or doing a fun activity. I imagine everybody doing presentations and all of us then leaving being very static and boring, however to each his own. (iirc other meetups have been based on poker nights; gives you something to do instead of sitting like an AAA group, lol)
The drive will be roughly 2.5 hours for me, so we might as well have a good time and discuss all the fastlane business and struggles while grabbing a drink somewhere IMO.

To summarize, for Aachen we have votes:

-chriswho
-petkovic
-JDx
-Longinus?
-Ikke?

Hope you didn't get me wrong...

I just said that I wanted to learn something. And to get to know each other a little bit better. Both extremes are counterproductive:

A) No fun, pure presentational meetup
B) Only fun (Phantasialand etc.)

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Or the best of both worlds: presentations on a rollercoaster and shit.

"Let's just have a meet up at Phantasialand", said no one ever here. I was aiming for a fun activity on Saturday and presentations on Sunday or vice versa. I have to drive 3 hours to Cologne, so I'm probably gonna stay there for 2 days.

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
I was planning to just drive up to aachen, or cologne and drive back in the evening. I think the meet up should be fun and educational which can surely be done. I also won't be able to go to phantasialand without the mrs because she would kill me if I go without her.

Perhaps we should scrap the idea of a presentation per person and have presentations about 2 or 3 subjects in which we can all add our personal value/experience to each topic? Or just have lets say 4 or 5 people present about different subjects?

We can take a look here for inspiration: https://thefastlaneforum.com/commun...mit-official-ticket-sales-speakers-etc.64009/

Seeker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Dec 21, 2015
Germany
Because I honestly lost track who prefers which location, I set up a little doodle. Just vote for one location or if you don't care check both. Whatever gets more votes till end of next week is our location. http://doodle.com/poll/t28y6egpctbdzyc4
@chriswho could you check the prices/locations?

So the poll is over. 6 votes for Cologne. 1 for Aachen. Guess it's Cologne then. Still haven't heard anything. Do we have a location and price yet?

goodguude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
428%
Jun 12, 2016
Germany
Hey Guys,
just wanted to tell you that I can't participate in this years meeting.

I will be near Frankfurt at October 21 & 22 at a conference and driving all the way from the east to the west two times in two weeks is a bit too much for me.

Nevertheless I hope that you will have a lot of interesting conversations and - of course - fun in Cologne.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
So the poll is over. 6 votes for Cologne. 1 for Aachen. Guess it's Cologne then. Still haven't heard anything. Do we have a location and price yet?
I actually didn't see that poll somehow. Maybe it was added later or I just read past it. Apologies for not voting.
Cologne it is!

Seeker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Dec 21, 2015
Germany
October is too busy and important for me, I'm gonna have to skip this.
Does the meetup take place or not? If so when and where? Has somebody organized a room for presentations or are we now so few that we all meet at somebodys place?
Please let me know until Wednesday EOB. Otherwise I'll just have a drink with @[HASHTAG]#nowhere[/HASHTAG] saturday night. If somebody wants to organize a What's App group, you can PM me for my phone number.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
It seems like the idea has fallen prey to the inactivity of us all, lol.
I'm afraid I won't be able to make it; I've lost my transportation method (car) due to family health issues, and apart from doing the Incubator with Billy, I'll be making some pennies working a parttime job on saturday to fund my new ventures.

maxendio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 2, 2016
Germany
I still have no Car at the moment too.[emoji20]
And the money is pretty tight still...
Wont make it either sadly...

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
With me beeing quite new on this forum, I don't know most of you. Coming to a strangers house - or inviting a stranger to my house - feels inappropiate.
Additionally I don't think a meeting would be as helpfull for me or the others, I still have to sort things out. So no, I won't attend this year.
But I really like the idea! I like the idea of a whats app group or facebook group as well. I could not find one yet, so I will open one if noone reated a private one yet :)

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
@Seeker suggested the possibility of perhaps doing a skype call/meeting instead. I liked the idea, we'd just need some people who can give a short talk or presentation on a subject that they like.
If anyone would be down, post below.

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
I am very sorry to see this potential meetup never got realised and some things/people did not come through.

I like the idea of a skype meetup but I unfortunately have a cremation today.

Best of luck to you all.

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Every German wanting to joing the Skype Group, pm me your username!
As soon as I get one I will start the group - if one already exists, please tell me!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.