The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Future Millionaire Currently Working as a Dishwasher in Manhattan

Hartrun

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 19, 2022
New York, NY
CHAPTER 1
Desert of Desertion at Night.jpg
Part I: My Origins
Howdy, I hope y'all are doing very well. I was born in NYC in 2002 and raised here until I was eight years old; my parents then moved to their hometown with my siblings and me in February of 2011; it's a six-hour flight from JFK Airport.
However, even though they became small business owners, I felt miserable with my life when I turned 16 years old, I wasn't studying nor working, and it felt like living in a communist way of life.

Therefore when I was sixteen and a half, I convinced my parents to help me move back to NYC by myself. It worked under certain legal circumstances, and then I got my first job as a food runner at a restaurant in Manhattan in July of 2019. It wasn't glamorous, but it was a start. My objective? Become financially independent from my parents.

I worked part-time and studied in a public high school located in the Financial District downtown. I saved as best as I could, up to the point where I held 3k in cash, all while paying rent, food, and other expenses on my own.

Part II: My First Failure
I didn't know what to do with the three grand at the time and ended up buying a course on "affiliate marketing," almost promising to take me "step by step in a 30 day-challenge from $0 to $10K" for $1500, not knowing it was an MLM/Fake Guru. To top it all off, it was February 2020.
Just a month later, in March 2020, I got laid off from my job and became unemployed due to the pandemic. The good news was that it was just for four months, and I will be up and running again on July 4th of, 2020.

However, something was off about me; I didn't feel the same energy as when I left my family for NYC in the beginning. Up to December of 2020, I saved up $4k and dropped out of high school.

The funny thing is, I dropped out of high school altogether before the school year started cuz I felt kinda embarrassed to see my crush once again after I asked her out on Valentine's day of 2020; long story short, it didn't go so well for me that day. I don't regret it, though, mainly because it was one week before the lockdowns.

Part III: Drifting From The Road
The not-so-funny thing that I didn't fully notice was that I became soft and a consumer, playing video games on my days off all day long, and I literally blew up the $4k from December 2020 to February 2021, as it was when I went to visit my family for a two-month vacation and received another heartbreak on Valentine's Week from another girl.

Anyways, my parents didn't want me to return back to NYC, but I refused to go back to the communist way of living with them and then moved back to my $550/month room in the Bronx in March of 2021. However, the unsettling feeling after I got to NY was still there, but I didn't know exactly what it was. (SCRIPT). My life didn't feel the same way as I left it; I was feeling like a dead soul lost in the world, without any motivation, and trapped in a spiral that eventually led to a dead end. Especially because I was also just recovering from a heartbreak and was $1k in debt.

Part IV: The First Recovery (Or so I thought so)
Nonetheless, what helped me go through that challenging period was David Goggin's Book "Can't Hurt Me" in audio format. One of my favorites to date. It encouraged me to get my GED successfully and a credit card in April of 2021 and had $1.5k to my name. After I finished "Can't Hurt Me," I finally decided to download the Millionaire Fastlane after six months of doubt; on March 28th of 2021, exactly one year ago, shoutout to @Valier for saving my dreams. Once I thought everything started to seem well, little did I know I was gonna get tested once again a month afterward in May of 2021.

It was a Monday around 10 pm on May 18th of 2021 at work, I did a U-turn at the end of the staircase that I have probably used more than a thousand times, but this time I felt immense pain in my left ankle when I stared down to look at it, it was really swollen because it twisted awkwardly and before I l knew it, I had a sprain. I couldn't walk and had to use crutches for months. Did I return back to my parents to live with them? Heck no, I still refused, and I do not regret it.

Perhaps, the really bad news for me was that I didn't fully recover from the mental crutches and bad habits I formed since the lockdowns in 2020; I still was drifting awfully on Instagram, Youtube, and Snapchat. Tiktok was the only social media I wasn't using, mainly because it's from the CCP. However, any social media app can be time-consuming, regardless of where they come from.

Part V: The Second Recovery
Anyhow, I started to sort of walk again and started a blog in September of 2022, and to date, I have 121 articles published. How much have I made, you may be asking? Let me see... ninety-seven CENTS all from Google AdSense, that's before taxes, of course. In addition, I made about $500 or so on Textbroker in total doing by writing articles.

At the end of October, I was extremely desperate and didn't know what to do exactly. I was $2k in debt, but hope was coming. My application for unemployment due to the pandemic only specifically given in NYC submitted at the beginning of September was accepted. I received $15k and used $2k to pay for my debt and another $3k for three months' worth of living expenses to fund the blog articles (Keep in mind, I was still not working at a wage job).

What happened to the other $10k? I didn't wanna keep in cash because of so-called "inflation," so I invested it in the stock market. (Gotta build that army of fighters, ain't that right? *Very Nervous smile* :happy:) I placed $6k in a Roth IRA, $3k in an individual account, and gambled with $1k into a shitcoin.

Part VI: The Cold Winter
My second favorite season of the year is here, and I experienced my first burn of the stock market. My initial investment balance went down 17% at its lowest, didn't sell, bought another $1k worth of stocks in February, only because the shitcoin 2x itself initially, and then went down 90% from its ATH with it went my grand. So, I searched for redemption. This brings me to how I have the job I have now.

The blog was not giving me good results, so I had to make a tough sacrifice in mid-January, now, I don't want to upset anyone, but I was not in favor of getting the vaccine. But in the end, I had to lose the battle. A sacrifice that needed to be made in order to get a job and stop the bleeding if I wanted to keep playing this game called life on my own.

Even though I tried my best not to fall in love with any woman at the worksite, I kinda did feel something towards a coworker, and she literally left in Valentine's week. Heartbroken once again. Clearly, for some reason, Februaries aren't for me to play around with love.
Anyway, that brings us to today, exactly this day, March 28th, 2022. I finished reading the last chapter of the Great Rat Race Escape (This time bought on Kindle ;) & Audible). This day will mark a fresh & new beginning of a chapter in my life...

Part VII: The Future
My dream is to own & drive a McLaren and become a Millionaire before the age of 24. I will post monthly updates to y'all until I get rich or literally die tryin'. This would also help me keep accountable for my progress in life. Wish me luck, cuz I'm gonna need it.
Thank y'all, for reading. If interested, here's how I track my finances; I started doing it in September, as you may see. I personally like to have a plan B, just in case. ;)
Something to note: Downloading The Millionaire Fastlane by @MJ DeMarco was the best decision I have made in my life so far, and if God allows it, it will continue to be for the rest of my life. I finished reading it in May 2021.

"May God Bless Capitalism"

March Monthly Update.PNG
3/28/2022

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Interesting story, I like the drive. However I see a lot of money chasing, and not much of a value focus. Is this on purpose? I've written 3 books and nothing about them really focuses on crypto, stocks, affiliate marketing -- everything I don't advocate seems like you've attempted.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum. Hope you get the books put into practice at some point.

TKLyte

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 9, 2020
CHAPTER 1
View attachment 42785
Howdy, I hope y'all are doing very well. I was born in NYC in 2002 and raised here until I was eight years old; my parents then moved to their hometown with my siblings and me in February of 2011; it's a six-hour flight from JFK Airport.
However, even though they became small business owners, I felt miserable with my life when I turned 16 years old, I wasn't studying nor working, and it felt like living in a communist way of life.

Therefore when I was sixteen and a half, I convinced my parents to help me move back to NYC by myself. It worked under certain legal circumstances, and then I got my first job as a food runner at a restaurant in Manhattan in July of 2019. It wasn't glamorous, but it was a start. My objective? Become financially independent from my parents.

I worked part-time and studied in a public high school located in the Financial District downtown. I saved as best as I could, up to the point where I held 3k in cash, all while paying rent, food, and other expenses on my own.

I didn't know what to do with the three grand at the time and ended up buying a course on "affiliate marketing," almost promising to take me "step by step in a 30 day-challenge from $0 to $10K" for $1500, not knowing it was an MLM/Fake Guru. To top it all off, it was February 2020.
Just a month later, in March 2020, I got laid off from my job and became unemployed due to the pandemic. The good news was that it was just for four months, and I will be up and running again on July 4th of, 2020.

However, something was off about me; I didn't feel the same energy as when I left my family for NYC in the beginning. Up to December of 2020, I saved up $4k and dropped out of high school.

The funny thing is, I dropped out of high school altogether before the school year started cuz I felt kinda embarrassed to see my crush once again after I asked her out on Valentine's day of 2020; long story short, it didn't go so well for me that day. I don't regret it, though, mainly because it was one week before the lockdowns.

The not-so-funny thing that I didn't fully notice was that I became soft and a consumer, playing video games on my days off all day long, and I literally blew up the $4k from December 2020 to February 2021, as it was when I went to visit my family for a two-month vacation and received another heartbreak on Valentine's Week from another girl.

Anyways, my parents didn't want me to return back to NYC, but I refused to go back to the communist way of living with them and then moved back to my $550/month room in the Bronx in March of 2021. However, the unsettling feeling after I got to NY was still there, but I didn't know exactly what it was. (SCRIPT). My life didn't feel the same way as I left it; I was feeling like a dead soul lost in the world, without any motivation, and trapped in a spiral that eventually led to a dead end. Especially because I was also just recovering from a heartbreak and was $1k in debt.

Nonetheless, what helped me go through that challenging period was David Goggin's Book "Can't Hurt Me" in audio format. One of my favorites to date. It encouraged me to get my GED successfully and a credit card in April of 2021 and had $1.5k to my name. After I finished "Can't Hurt Me," I finally decided to download the Millionaire Fastlane after six months of doubt; on March 28th of 2021, exactly one year ago, shoutout to @Valier for saving my dreams. Once I thought everything started to seem well, little did I know I was gonna get tested once again a month afterward in May of 2021.

It was a Monday around 10 pm on May 18th of 2021 at work, I did a U-turn at the end of the staircase that I have probably used more than a thousand times, but this time I felt immense pain in my left ankle when I stared down to look at it, it was really swollen because it twisted awkwardly and before I l knew it, I had a sprain. I couldn't walk and had to use crutches for months. Did I return back to my parents to live with them? Heck no, I still refused, and I do not regret it.

Perhaps, the really bad news for me was that I didn't fully recover from the mental crutches and bad habits I formed since the lockdowns in 2020; I still was drifting awfully on Instagram, Youtube, and Snapchat. Tiktok was the only social media I wasn't using, mainly because it's from the CCP. However, any social media app can be time-consuming, regardless of where they come from.

Anyhow, I started to sort of walk again and started a blog in September of 2022, and to date, I have 121 articles published. How much have I made, you may be asking? Let me see... ninety-seven CENTS all from Google AdSense, that's before taxes, of course. In addition, I made about $500 or so on Textbroker in total doing by writing articles.

At the end of October, I was extremely desperate and didn't know what to do exactly. I was $2k in debt, but hope was coming. My application for unemployment due to the pandemic only specifically given in NYC submitted at the beginning of September was accepted. I received $15k and used $2k to pay for my debt and another $3k for three months' worth of living expenses to fund the blog articles (Keep in mind, I was still not working at a wage job).

What happened to the other $10k? I didn't wanna keep in cash because of so-called "inflation," so I invested it in the stock market. (Gotta build that army of fighters, ain't that right? *Very Nervous smile* :happy:) I placed $6k in a Roth IRA, $3k in an individual account, and gambled with $1k into a shitcoin.

My second favorite season of the year is here, and I experienced my first burn of the stock market. My initial investment balance went down 17% at its lowest, didn't sell, bought another $1k worth of stocks in February, only because the shitcoin 2x itself initially, and then went down 90% from its ATH with it went my grand. So, I searched for redemption. This brings me to how I have the job I have now.

The blog was not giving me good results, so I had to make a tough sacrifice in mid-January, now, I don't want to upset anyone, but I was not in favor of getting the vaccine. But in the end, I had to lose the battle. A sacrifice that needed to be made in order to get a job and stop the bleeding if I wanted to keep playing this game called life on my own.

Even though I tried my best not to fall in love with any woman at the worksite, I kinda did feel something towards a coworker, and she literally left in Valentine's week. Heartbroken once again. Clearly, for some reason, Februaries aren't for me to play around with love.
Anyway, that brings us to today, exactly this day, March 28th, 2022. I finished reading the last chapter of the Great Rat Race Escape (This time bought on Kindle ;) & Audible). This day will mark a fresh & new beginning of a chapter in my life...

My dream is to own & drive a McLaren and become a Millionaire before the age of 24. I will post monthly updates to y'all until I get rich or literally die tryin'. This would also help me keep accountable for my progress in life. Wish me luck, cuz I'm gonna need it.
Thank y'all, for reading. If interested, here's how I track my finances; I started doing it in September, as you may see. I personally like to have a plan B, just in case. ;)
Something to note: Downloading The Millionaire Fastlane by @MJ DeMarco was the best decision I have made in my life so far, and if God allows it, it will continue to be for the rest of my life. I finished reading it in May 2021.

View attachment 42784
3/28/2022
CHAPTER 1
View attachment 42785

View attachment 42784
3/28/2022
Interesting story. It seems you have the desire to succeed. I'm surprised that you've read M.J's books and yet you seem to be doing the exact opposite of what he teaches. What's your explanation for that? I'm curious.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Creative intro, welcome to the forum!

Hartrun

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 19, 2022
New York, NY
Interesting story, I like the drive. However I see a lot of money chasing, and not much of a value focus. Is this on purpose? I've written 3 books and nothing about them really focuses on crypto, stocks, affiliate marketing -- everything I don't advocate seems like you've attempted.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum. Hope you get the books put into practice at some point.
You're right MJ, I should definitely get my act together. I assume full responsibility for my actions, The Great Rat Race Escape absolutely hit the last nail in the coffin of my past mindset.

Yesterday's first anniversary since I downloaded the Millionaire Fastlane pdf culminated with my car manufacturing process. Mark my words, I'm going to escape the Desert of Desertion even if it's the last thing I do in this life.

It's an honor to have received your wise words. Enjoy the rest of your day! Thanks!

Hartrun

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 19, 2022
New York, NY
Interesting story. It seems you have the desire to succeed. I'm surprised that you've read M.J's books and yet you seem to be doing the exact opposite of what he teaches. What's your explanation for that? I'm curious.
Howdy, I don't have any excuses for my past mistakes and I take full blame for my errors.

However, If I were to give you a direct answer, my best guess for an explanation of what happened would probably be because of a change in my environment and a lack of action on my part. I'll explain further in more detail, it took me 2 months to finish The Millionaire Fastlane (March/2021 - May/2021) because I used to read it for 2 hours every day on the subway when I went to work.

It was and continues to be the only time of my day when I really enjoy reading or listening to books, and wouldn't feel guilty for action-faking. Instead of just wasting my time on offline video games I prefer to learn from books and it has become a permanent habit whenever I go to the subway.

All of that changed when my ankle sprain occurred. Unfortunately, I admit I did not have the willpower to at least keep reading consistently at home. Nonetheless, I did manage to download Unscripted on July, 3rd of 2021, and read it every now and then.

Unscripted will always remain my favorite book of all 3, as it highly resonated with my personality and allowed me to strengthen my identity as a man striving for FREEDOM. But guess how long it took me to finish it? It took me nearly 7 months to complete it, (July 3rd/2021 - February 4th/2022).

Not convinced yet? Now guess how long it took me to finish The Great Rat Race Escape ? A little less than 2 months, (February 6th/2022 - March 28th/2022). All because I returned back to a job while needing to use the subway, and taking advantage of my spare time there.

As I said, I don't want to justify my mistakes with excuses. I would rather just focus on the future and learn from my past errors while modifying my actions along the road. Thanks for reading!

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Howdy, I don't have any excuses for my past mistakes and I take full blame for my errors.

However, If I were to give you a direct answer, my best guess for an explanation of what happened would probably be because of a change in my environment and a lack of action on my part. I'll explain further in more detail, it took me 2 months to finish The Millionaire Fastlane (March/2021 - May/2021) because I used to read it for 2 hours every day on the subway when I went to work.

It was and continues to be the only time of my day when I really enjoy reading or listening to books, and wouldn't feel guilty for action-faking. Instead of just wasting my time on offline video games I prefer to learn from books and it has become a permanent habit whenever I go to the subway.

Tout cela a changé lorsque mon entorse à la cheville s'est produite. Malheureusement, j'avoue que je n'avais pas la volonté d'au moins continuer à lire régulièrement à la maison. Néanmoins, j'ai réussi à télécharger Unscripted le 3 juillet 2021 et à le lire de temps en temps.

Unscripted restera toujours mon livre préféré des 3, car il a fortement résonné avec ma personnalité et m'a permis de renforcer mon identité en tant qu'homme luttant pour la LIBERTÉ. Mais devinez combien de temps il m'a fallu pour le finir ? Il m'a fallu près de 7 mois pour le terminer, (3 juillet/2021 - 4 février 2022).

Pas encore convaincu ? Maintenant, devinez combien de temps il m'a fallu pour terminer The Great Rat Race Escape ? Un peu moins de 2 mois, (6 février/2022 - 28 mars/2022). Tout cela parce que j'ai repris un travail tout en ayant besoin d'utiliser le métro et en profitant de mon temps libre là-bas.

As I said, I don't want to justify my mistakes with excuses. I would rather just focus on the future and learn from my past errors while modifying my actions along the road. Thanks for reading!
.Thanks for your interesting stories. I note you 20/20 for having reported your course well. To see your writings, you would be a real storyteller

Good luck on your further journey

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...