The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

CHAPTER IV | Future Millionaire Currently Working as a Dishwasher in Manhattan

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Hartrun

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 19, 2022
New York, NY
CHAPTER IV: 4 LIBERTY
“Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” - George Bernard Shaw
4 Liberty.jpg
Oh boy, this month was an interesting one. First of all, happy early 4th of July! :party: It might surprise you, but summer is my least favorite season of the year, probably because I feel relaxed and cheerful during cold times or maybe because I like being a cold person overall. Therefore, Q3 will be quite a challenge I'm willing to endure.

Part I: Progress Stats

1. June's Financial Statement
Net Income:
$235
Assets: $7,130
Cash: $432
Expenses: $1,705
Debt: $1,500
Passive $: $235
Net Worth: $5,857

June's Financial Statement.PNG

2. Writing
Value Vouchers:
$235
Views: 5,111
Articles Published: 0
Time Invested: 0h

Clockify June.PNG

3. May Vs. June (Inputs & Outputs)
May's Input & Output:

12h of Fastlane = $240.12
102h of Dishwashing = $1,164.82
June's Input & Output:
0h of Fastlane = $235
0h Dishwashing = $0

4. Q1 Vs. Q2
Q1's Input & Output:

58h of Fastlane = $467.58
316h Dishwashing = $3,647
Q2's Input & Output:
63h of Fastlane = $904.31
229h Dishwashing = $2,682.85

Part II: June's Highlights

1. Elevate
I don't go to college; however, I'm aware that learning is a crucial part of my past and future growth. Therefore, I started using this app called Elevate at the beginning of April. I first encountered it several years ago but never took it seriously until last Spring.

Elevate is a part of the new good habits I've started building lately. It's been an excellent replacement for any social media app, and it contains learning activities in writing, speaking, reading, math & memory!

What I like the most about it is its daily workout that consists of 5 random activities which take 5m-10m to complete and its personalized difficulty level based on each person's learning curve.

Personally, I started as an Intermediate in math & reading in April and now reached Expert just a few weeks ago. Anyways, I just wanted to share the app with you, just in case you're interested.

2. Surgery
This was an unexpected one; during my trip to visit my family after 15 months, my beloved mom scheduled an appointment with the dentist. Long story short, I had two of my wisdom tooth removed after the second week of the month.

My mom paid for both extractions because I didn't prepare any cash for the surgery; this explains why I'm currently $1,500 in debt. Even though my mom didn't charge me afterward, I still feel and have the need to repay her sooner or later.

3. WADM
I was faced once again with the decision of either leaving my family for NYC or staying and helping them with their small business. The last time I remember deciding was back in February of 2021, I chose the former, but that decision was highly influenced by heartbreak in the same month, from the same girl who also played a massive role in the discovery of my FTE that motivated me to leave my parents' hometown in the first place.

Anyways, I then encountered TMF at the end of March 2021, and now I'm blessed to know about the Weighted Average Decision Matrix (WADM). With no time to waste, I consulted it on the third week, and the results are as shown:

Matrix Decision Making (June).PNG
You guessed it. I'm back in NYC. I love my family, but I love myself even more. I was even called heartless for leaving.

Although this month was a colossal underperformance in terms of my Fastlane journey, I thank God for giving me the opportunity to spend time and make new memories with my family.

At the end of the day, at least I won't feel guilty in the future if, God forbids, tragedy happens, no amount of money can or will bring someone back from the dead.

4. A new responsibility? Bring it on!
I'm the middle brother in the family. We're three siblings in total, my older brother is 25 years old, and my little sister is 13 years old. Let's just say she's rebellious against my parents, I'm also guilty of being somewhat rebellious during my puberty, so I don't completely blame her.

However, she's at another level and causing overstress to my parents. As a result, I tried to convince my parents to let me take care of her here in NYC for whatever time they wanted; I even bought the tickets a week earlier before my flight.

Nonetheless, they said no, and I had to cancel her ticket, so I got here alone just three days ago. Something to keep in mind, this is not my first attempt at trying to take care of her. Ever since I moved out of my parents' house at the age of 16 in the summer of 2019, I worried something like this would happen, and as a result, I bought a bunk bed in the fall of 2019; from there on, I still have it to this day.

But I think my parents never took me seriously back then, perhaps because I was just 16, and to be honest, I don't blame them whatsoever. As I said several times to them, I'm willing to help them with what or how I can.

Consequently, I received a phone call from my mom just a few hours ago, depicting how they're currently struggling with her and are willing to send her next week if possible or in a couple of months, but then again, I still hear some uncertainty in her voice.

We'll see how this ends up...

Part III: Setbacks &/or Mistakes

• 0h of Fastlane
  • 0 Articles Published
  • Cost underestimation of expenses for the month.
  • Inability to keep doing pushups after the second week due to dental surgery.

Part IV: Counterpunches &/or Accomplishments

• 100% Completion of Wealth Exposed by MJ DeMarco (Kindle App).
  • 425 Pushups.
  • Expert level in Reading & Math on Elevate.
  • Purchase 1 Google Sheet Template ($10).
  • 50% Completion of Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink (Audible)

Part V: The Future

Growth INAV.

CONTENTS
PART 1 | THE DESERT OF DESERTION (TUNEF)
CHAPTER I: INTRODUCTION (March 2022)
CHAPTER II: IT’S ALIVE!!! (April 2022)

CHAPTER III: HOPE (May 2022)
CHAPTER IV: 4 LIBERTY (June 2022)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hartrun

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 19, 2022
New York, NY
A Tale By Quincy/ Out of Time - The Weeknd

7/3/2022

Hartrun

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 19, 2022
New York, NY
The last time I remember deciding was back in February of 2021, I chose the former, but that decision was highly influenced by heartbreak in the same month, from the same girl who also played a massive role in the discovery of my FTE that motivated me to leave my parents' hometown in the first place.
A Tale By Quincy/ Out of Time - The Weeknd
In addition, in case y'all are still wondering, my FTE is a story for another day. :somber:
7/3/2022

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.