The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Lying Down to Revving The Engine

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Should I poll my target market for interest?

• No way, and my reason is in my comment.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Megans_Ambition

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 9, 2015
San Antonio, Texas
Life is worth living. Heck! More than that! Life is worth enjoying.
I want to start up my process. I've started up on my business plan and I'm ready to get going. After years of discontent and stagnation, I'm ready to give it a try!
With that in mind, I have all this enthusiasm and I'm ready to go but I feel like I need to get started in a simple place. That place is, "Will my idea even work?"
The positive outlook in me says, "Yes! Of course! People need this!"
Now, how to find out if I'm right. I want to start a type of corporate retreat that isn't just about lounging poolside with your co-workers trying not to talk about work.
I want to get people involved with volunteering for non-profit organizations.

To get started with this do you think it is best to go around to my potential market first with questions about their interest? I thought of printing up little surveys or, heck, just talking to the human resources department, managers, and employees of my target market group. I want to ask them if they feel fulfilled and accomplished at work and if they felt there was a way to feel better about their day to day lives.

Is it feasible to go out and ask if a "volunteer retreat" seems like an idea these markets would be interested in or do I need to just jump in by making a business and hoping for the best? I'd like to test out my market first and see if they are interested but I'd like to know how to do it. What do you think, Fastlane?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Megans_Ambition

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 9, 2015
San Antonio, Texas
I just finished delivering 47 postcards for a survey of interest and only got shut down 3 times! I had a much higher success ratio than I'd gone into this thinking I would get. I'm very excited to see the results. There is something truly magical about having tangible progress in your hands and shaking the hands of your potential customers.

Gerome Soriano

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Nov 8, 2014
Philippines
Bro! thanks for your reply into my prog thread :D

in regards to your question, I think you should just go pick up the phone and call them or email them

tbh i know that i should be doing the same things for my own stuff T_T

if you want we could set up an accountability thing to keep ourselves in line with executing :D

do let me know if you're up for it man!

Grok

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 14, 2015
Apache junction
Is it feasible to go out and ask if a "volunteer retreat" seems like an idea these markets would be interested in or do I need to just jump in by making a business and hoping for the best? I'd like to test out my market first and see if they are interested but I'd like to know how to do it. What do you think, Fastlane?

I think it has potential as a fast lane business. Probably better to jump in finding one company to work with to test your business.

I assume you have a non profit to work with. Once established could be nation wide.

Megans_Ambition

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 9, 2015
San Antonio, Texas
if you want we could set up an accountability thing to keep ourselves in line with executing :D

do let me know if you're up for it man!
That sounds fine by me! I hope you're keeping up with your business plans! Make a small goal for the day and achieve it. Once you do, you'll feel compelled to do more and more. Send me a private message every day of what you've done that day, no matter how small, to help achieve your dream! You can do it!

Megans_Ambition

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 9, 2015
San Antonio, Texas
I think it has potential as a fast lane business. Probably better to jump in finding one company to work with to test your business.

I assume you have a non profit to work with. Once established could be nation wide.
Thank you very much for your support! I'm actually getting in contact with several non-profits in my area in the hopes to establish a bit of a rapport with them. I've also done research into the previously most charitable businesses in the country to discuss my services with their P.R. Your faith in me helps give me faith in myself! Thank you!

Grok

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 14, 2015
Apache junction
Thank you very much for your support! I'm actually getting in contact with several non-profits in my area in the hopes to establish a bit of a rapport with them. I've also done research into the previously most charitable businesses in the country to discuss my services with their P.R. Your faith in me helps give me faith in myself! Thank you!

I am very excited for you! Keep the thread updated. There are a lot of ways to take this, it will be fun to see which way you go with it.

Steve

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.