The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Friends & Fastlane

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

ChrisPec

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 1, 2020
Ho everyone,
I'm 22 and I am trying to become an entrepreneur, so I'm using this forum to learn valuable information or to absorb any kind of knowledge.

So my question is how you guys dealt with your friends and family in the period in which you tried to become entrepreneurs? I mean you left all of them behind or you tried to keep in touch with them?
If you did not hang out with friends or if you didn't had any contacts with your family: how that impacted on your lives, on your mind, psychologically I mean.

PS: I'm sorry if my English is not perfect but I'm italian and I'm not very fluent in English

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
Ho everyone,
I'm 22 and I am trying to become an entrepreneur, so I'm using this forum to learn valuable information or to absorb any kind of knowledge.

So my question is how you guys dealt with your friends and family in the period in which you tried to become entrepreneurs? I mean you left all of them behind or you tried to keep in touch with them?
If you did not hang out with friends or if you didn't had any contacts with your family: how that impacted on your lives, on your mind, psychologically I mean.

PS: I'm sorry if my English is not perfect but I'm italian and I'm not very fluent in English
For myself the number one reason for following this path is to have more time with family and friends. I work full time and on the weekends I plug away executing my process. My family supports me 100% as for friends, I have a few haters and a few who want my product yesterday haha its all give and take man, gotta find a balance. Also, most of my friends are older and married so time spent with them is down to about 1x per week and phone calls every other week or so...

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
You quickly learn who your real friends are once you start on this journey.

The one's who you need to keep are the one's who wouldn't care if you were working in the local bar or heading up a CEO position at big corp - people in these forums berate friends like that and only focus on your eventual 'high powered contacts' but the best brothers you could meet care about YOU not your job/status/what-you-can-do-for-me

Honestly you're just going to find that the more you ACT and see RESULTS the easier all of this becomes, it's like racing at 100mph and all of the noise just slips past you.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Compartmentalize people. It is unreasonable to expect everyone to be in the same exact boat as I.

ChrisPec

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 1, 2020
You quickly learn who your real friends are once you start on this journey.

The one's who you need to keep are the one's who wouldn't care if you were working in the local bar or heading up a CEO position at big corp - people in these forums berate friends like that and only focus on your eventual 'high powered contacts' but the best brothers you could meet care about YOU not your job/status/what-you-can-do-for-me

Honestly you're just going to find that the more you ACT and see RESULTS the easier all of this becomes, it's like racing at 100mph and all of the noise just slips past you.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I mean, I have great friends but you know I'm afraid to neglect them or to let them behind even though I don't want (but all of us know that soon or later life changes for everyone). We're you able to balance your work with friends and family?

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
Yeah, that's what I thought. I have great friends

Yeah, that's what I thought. I mean, I have great friends but you know I'm afraid to neglect them or to let them behind even though I don't want (but all of us know that soon or later life changes for everyone). We're you able to balance your work with friends and family?
Yes because these friends understood at times I wasn't so available which was completely fine and then when we did meet it would be awesome peak experience times. Same with the family. If you do entrepreneurship correctly you'll carry an infectious personality that gives you unforgettable energy.

Plus as you grow there's always opportunities to bring your brothers along if they are interested.

But if people's happiness is dependent upon you being 100% available and they are not happy that you now have different things to spend your time on then you need to let go of the desire to appease these people and see how it goes.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Compartmentalize people. It is unreasonable to expect everyone to be in the same exact boat as I.
Absolutely. That's what I have started doing. One of my childhood friends is a good dude, but he's stuck in the slow lane and doesn't care. But video games are what brought us together so that's all I really talk about with him. Used to talk about fastlane stuff with him but I just stopped cuz he was clearly not interested.

ChrisPec

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 1, 2020
The great thing about friends is you can always make new ones that are aligned with your values and goals.
Absolutely, for friend's relationships we have total control on them, we can pick anyone we prefer.

ChrisPec

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 1, 2020
Yes because these friends understood at times I wasn't so available which was completely fine and then when we did meet it would be awesome peak experience times. Same with the family. If you do entrepreneurship correctly you'll carry an infectious personality that gives you unforgettable energy.

Plus as you grow there's always opportunities to bring your brothers along if they are interested.

But if people's happiness is dependent upon you being 100% available and they are not happy that you now have different things to spend your time on then you need to let go of the desire to appease these people and see how it goes.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I have that kind of great friends who understands my world and want the best for me. I'm afraid that I might neglect them too much in order to work and that could affect my mental health ahahah

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.