The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Freelancing progress and Choosing a Master's

alabhyajindal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jun 7, 2020
Bangalore
Hi everyone,

A couple of months earlier I had enrolled on @Fox Freelancing course (not sure if it's still accepting applicants) and an HTML/CSS course on Udemy. I would highly recommend both to anyone interested in the field.

I started freelancing as a Web Designer and Developer while I was finishing the courses. Since then, I have finished two websites. My first one was for a local gym and the second was for my friend who has started a business. I charged nothing for both the projects since I wanted to build up my portfolio and then move on to bigger projects. My friend was generous to give me ₹1500 (20 USD) noticing the effort and time needed (the project was a headless e-commerce website). It feels great to have started something and stuck with it long enough to get rewarded.

I plan to continue freelancing and learn more about Web Development. I was earlier into Data Analysis but Web Dev is a much visual field and it’s easier to freelance/monetize.

My main reason for writing this post is that I want to go for my Master's education. And I want to do it abroad because I want to have a multi-cultural experience. Also because I feel the opportunities abroad are much better. I would say that Europe would be my target geographical location. Because Europe as a region, in general, has cheaper education compared to countries like the US, UK and Australia.

I have a Bachelors in Business Administrations but I do not want to continue studying management. I love working with computers and I was hoping to enrol in some sort of a Master’s for students with a non-technical background. The problem is I am not able to find many courses like these and have only found two (1, 2) till now. I would love to hear your thoughts regarding how to go about finding a good Master’s program or hearing your recommendations.

I have considerable time before September 2022, when programs usually start. Though I plan to continue freelancing, I also want to become financially self-reliant as I had left my full-time job in June this year. It is for this reason, I will be looking and applying for internships/full-time roles.
Also, I wanted to move to a new city in India having now stayed in Bangalore for 3.5+ years - if any Indians are reading this post then I would love to hear your ideas/suggestions regarding this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.