The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any advice for choosing between one of these two skills ?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Azrod

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 7, 2023
France
Hey my name is Rémi,

Firstly, i want to say that its been approximately 6 months i am reading weekly the content posted here, and i am really grateful for, MJ DeMarco, the forum and the people in it.
The number of real business educational content you are providing is just mind-blowing compared to what I've ever learn in those three last year.

Here is a quick introduction of myself to put you in a context:

I am 16 years old and live in France.
i am considering to spend most of my free time in the next two years on learning a high demanding skill, which when i will be 18 years old, would be able legally to create an enterprise and sell my skills as a freelancer or an agency.
(i will make soon a longer one by the way.)

So here is the problem.
I am hesitating between the skills Google Ads and Web Design,
I know that each of those two have a high demand but it looks for me that Web Design seems more attractive, even with the appearance of new ia technology ( or maybe i got influenced by the sales pitch of Rob O' Rourke lol).

Of course i do not want someone to take a decision for me, i just need some argument biased on your knowledge of which is the best in your opinion.
Getting an advice from anybody would be very nice!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SnowLava

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 7, 2023
India
Hey my name is Rémi,

Firstly, i want to say that its been approximately 6 months i am reading weekly the content posted here, and i am really grateful for, MJ DeMarco, the forum and the people in it.
The number of real business educational content you are providing is just mind-blowing compared to what I've ever learn in those three last year.

Here is a quick introduction of myself to put you in a context:

I am 16 years old and live in France.
i am considering to spend most of my free time in the next two years on learning a high demanding skill, which when i will be 18 years old, would be able legally to create an enterprise and sell my skills as a freelancer or an agency.
(i will make soon a longer one by the way.)

So here is the problem.
I am hesitating between the skills Google Ads and Web Design,
I know that each of those two have a high demand but it looks for me that Web Design seems more attractive, even with the appearance of new ia technology ( or maybe i got influenced by the sales pitch of Rob O' Rourke lol).

Of course i do not want someone to take a decision for me, i just need some argument biased on your knowledge of which is the best in your opinion.
Getting an advice from anybody would be very nice!
Well I am one year younger than you and with the limited experience that I have - go with any one. Even I had confusion when I was learning to code - should I learn Web Dev (html,css,js) or other languages like Python, C++, Java. Ultimately, it just wasted my time. I ended up learning both (some for like x months, then got bored n switched to the other). So, just start.

As you said, you are more attracted to web design. Then start with that imo.

Azrod

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 7, 2023
France
Well I am one year younger than you and with the limited experience that I have - go with any one. Even I had confusion when I was learning to code - should I learn Web Dev (html,css,js) or other languages like Python, C++, Java. Ultimately, it just wasted my time. I ended up learning both (some for like x months, then got bored n switched to the other). So, just start.

As you said, you are more attracted to web design. Then start with that imo.
Thanks for your response Abhigyan,
Yeah why not, i will still make more research to see what the best is fitting between those two.
Then i will start learning as soon as possible.

LarryN99

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Feb 2, 2022
I'm 23 years old and still struggling with the "what should I be doing" question. Coding, web design, service business, startup... the options are endless. Like Abhigyan said, just start.

I've looked into Google Ads. I've got some resources saved if you want them but it wasn't for me. I joined Rob's web design program. Really great program, but again, not for me. Maybe I'll sell you my account at a discount if you want :rofl:

I'll share this too if you'd like to go a different route. Recently I came across this tool for building websites/apps without code. Basically, it's a drag-and-drop editor like Wordpress or Shopify. I really think it's undervalued right now, and within a few years it could be the next big thing. It's called Bubble. To get familiar with it I used the free Millionlabs bootcamp. Have a look if you're interested.

Azrod

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 7, 2023
France
I'm 23 years old and still struggling with the "what should I be doing" question. Coding, web design, service business, startup... the options are endless. Like Abhigyan said, just start.

I've looked into Google Ads. I've got some resources saved if you want them but it wasn't for me. I joined Rob's web design program. Really great program, but again, not for me. Maybe I'll sell you my account at a discount if you want :rofl:

I'll share this too if you'd like to go a different route. Recently I came across this tool for building websites/apps without code. Basically, it's a drag-and-drop editor like Wordpress or Shopify. I really think it's undervalued right now, and within a few years it could be the next big thing. It's called Bubble. To get familiar with it I used the free Millionlabs bootcamp. Have a look if you're interested.
Hey thanks for your response,
I will take a look for Bubble, it seems interesting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.