The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free Work To Get New Clients

Marketing, social media, advertising
U

User62861

Hello,

As many of you already know, I do logo design and branding for companies.

I decided to try a new way of finding leads and clients which will include a free work. There are many good Instagram accounts from 150k - 1M followers. I reached out to couple of them to make a logo for them in exchange for promotion.

The last one I did has 530k followers and after promotion in his stories I got a new client after 10 minutes. The one I did before that took around 15 days to get a client. The first client got me $600 and the other one $1000 + possibility of more work in terms of business cards design, etc.

Sometimes it comes right away, sometimes you have to wait, but it works.

This is just a quick one for anyone who is looking a new way to sell their service/product.
My advice is, don't be afraid doing a bit of free work in exchange for promotion. After the promotion brings you new leads, be confident and don't lower your prices!

Happy New Year!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Hello,

I decided to try a new way of finding leads and clients which will include a free work. There are many good Instagram accounts from 150k - 1M followers. I reached out to couple of them to make a logo for them in exchange for promotion.

The last one I did has 530k followers and after promotion in his stories I got a new client after 10 minutes. The one I did before that took around 15 days to get a client. The first client got me $600 and the other one $1000 + possibility of more work in terms of business cards design, etc.

Sometimes it comes right away, sometimes you have to wait, but it works.

This is just a quick one for anyone who is looking a new way to sell their service/product.
My advice is, don't be afraid doing a bit of free work in exchange for promotion. After the promotion brings you new leads, be confident and don't lower your prices!

Happy New Year!

Congrats and thanks for sharing your results.

But I won't consider this "free work" though. It's more of a barter arrangement.

The late Dave Wagenvoord was such a maven at the barter game, and many of his exploits are documented in his book: No Cash, No Problem: How To Get Everything You Want in Business and Life, Without Using Cash!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kristie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Dec 8, 2018
Alabama
Hello,

I have thought about doing this also. I can't post any work I do being a bookkeeper, but it is a good idea to ask for a review. I will try it. I have been stand-offish before because I am afraid someone will give me this ungodly amount of work for one month and that I will spend hours upon hours doing it free just for them to possibly leave or give negative feedback. Maybe I just need to have more faith in my fellow humans. : )

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.