• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Free Work To Get New Clients

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Logomet, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Logomet

Logomet Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $876
    Hello,

As many of you already know, I do logo design and branding for companies.

I decided to try a new way of finding leads and clients which will include a free work. There are many good Instagram accounts from 150k - 1M followers. I reached out to couple of them to make a logo for them in exchange for promotion.

The last one I did has 530k followers and after promotion in his stories I got a new client after 10 minutes. The one I did before that took around 15 days to get a client. The first client got me $600 and the other one $1000 + possibility of more work in terms of business cards design, etc.

Sometimes it comes right away, sometimes you have to wait, but it works.

This is just a quick one for anyone who is looking a new way to sell their service/product.
    My advice is, don't be afraid doing a bit of free work in exchange for promotion. After the promotion brings you new leads, be confident and don't lower your prices!

Happy New Year!

2. EarlOfChina

EarlOfChina Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $1,359
    Sounds good.

I don't know if you saw it, but I made a thread the other day about my B2B technique on LinkedIn.

Crushing B2B Sales with LinkedIn

I think this could be worth you trying - let me know what you think!

Thomas Baptiste and Logomet like this.
  3. James Klymus

James Klymus Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $232
    Good Job! Followed you for when I need logo work :)

Thomas Baptiste and Logomet like this.
  4. George Appiah

George Appiah Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,498
    Congrats and thanks for sharing your results.

But I won't consider this "free work" though. It's more of a barter arrangement.

The late Dave Wagenvoord was such a maven at the barter game, and many of his exploits are documented in his book: No Cash, No Problem: How To Get Everything You Want in Business and Life, Without Using Cash!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Logomet likes this.
  5. Logomet

Logomet Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $876
    Yea, I saw that. I'll try Linkedin once again!

6. Kristie

Kristie New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $62
    I have thought about doing this also. I can't post any work I do being a bookkeeper, but it is a good idea to ask for a review. I will try it. I have been stand-offish before because I am afraid someone will give me this ungodly amount of work for one month and that I will spend hours upon hours doing it free just for them to possibly leave or give negative feedback. Maybe I just need to have more faith in my fellow humans. : )

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.