The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My December Strategy - 6 things I'll do this month to get new web design business

Anything related to matters of the mind

AndreiR

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Aug 30, 2017
Toronto, ON, CAN
This is more of a post to get my ideas out there and hold me accountable. I hope people get some good ideas from this :

1. Refer businesses to others. I believe that when you give you shall receive. I'm also part of BNI (a networking organization) so that makes this easier.
  2. Sales- Through LinkedIn, other BNI groups, my chamber of commerce. Hunter.io will be a very valuable tool here.
  3. Facebook Group Unique Offer - free optimonk (that's an exit-intent popup) for 3 businesses. This doesn't take much for me to setup, maybe 1 hour and I'll have 3 businesses that I start a discussion with and give me access to their site. On the flip side it's quite attractive as when set up properly it's free money- it converts people that were going to leave. I used this on a client of mine to increase revenue ~3% per month which amounts to $2500.
  4. Partnerships - find referral partners (like social media marketers, photographers/videographers, graphic designers). Main avenue would probably be Facebook groups, but might post on LinkedIn (I've taken the time to cultivate my LinkedIn profile and have close to 500 reasonably-valuable connections in my local area).
  5. Promote youtube - on Facebook groups, and LinkedIn. Filmed 10 videos in my office to test this out. I believe one of the best things a leader or owner can do is work on developing their ideas - because that's one of the few things you can't delegate. I'll be posting 1 a week and if I get traction I'll be recording more. I didn't want to just film 1 and decide after that but wanted to give it a real shot. So far I got 40 views on my first video posted today and haven't even promoted it much so I'm optimistic. Here's my first video:
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j_9ex_0o30&ab_channel=Andrei
  6. Online ads - linkedin, facebook. Going to do this very sparingly ($5 a day?) - but I've written up some ads and I'm looking forward to split-testing them.

I'm 22 and from Canada, by Toronto. I'd love to get to know more entrepreneurs by me, especially ones around my age so give me a shout.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jun 11, 2016
Linkedin is a good way for selling websites or other online marketing services.

What helped me a lot is posting on a regular basis and engage hardcore with other users. With engaging I mean commenting on other people's posts, not just liking them.

Leave about 15-20 comments per day and you can watch how your Linkedin channel explodes.

AndreiR

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Aug 30, 2017
Toronto, ON, CAN
Linkedin is a good way for selling websites or other online marketing services.

What helped me a lot is posting on a regular basis and engage hardcore with other users. With engaging I mean commenting on other people's posts, not just liking them.

Leave about 15-20 comments per day and you can watch how your Linkedin channel explodes.
Never would have thought that would work - seems spammy, but I'll try it out because I do see a good amount of people doing it. They must be doing it for a reason. Thanks!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
How many are now complete? What are you next 3 big moves?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
This is more of a post to get my ideas out there and hold me accountable. I hope people get some good ideas from this :

1. Refer businesses to others. I believe that when you give you shall receive. I'm also part of BNI (a networking organization) so that makes this easier.
  2. Sales- Through LinkedIn, other BNI groups, my chamber of commerce. Hunter.io will be a very valuable tool here.
  3. Facebook Group Unique Offer - free optimonk (that's an exit-intent popup) for 3 businesses. This doesn't take much for me to setup, maybe 1 hour and I'll have 3 businesses that I start a discussion with and give me access to their site. On the flip side it's quite attractive as when set up properly it's free money- it converts people that were going to leave. I used this on a client of mine to increase revenue ~3% per month which amounts to $2500.
  4. Partnerships - find referral partners (like social media marketers, photographers/videographers, graphic designers). Main avenue would probably be Facebook groups, but might post on LinkedIn (I've taken the time to cultivate my LinkedIn profile and have close to 500 reasonably-valuable connections in my local area).
  5. Promote youtube - on Facebook groups, and LinkedIn. Filmed 10 videos in my office to test this out. I believe one of the best things a leader or owner can do is work on developing their ideas - because that's one of the few things you can't delegate. I'll be posting 1 a week and if I get traction I'll be recording more. I didn't want to just film 1 and decide after that but wanted to give it a real shot. So far I got 40 views on my first video posted today and haven't even promoted it much so I'm optimistic. Here's my first video:
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j_9ex_0o30&ab_channel=Andrei
  6. Online ads - linkedin, facebook. Going to do this very sparingly ($5 a day?) - but I've written up some ads and I'm looking forward to split-testing them.

I'm 22 and from Canada, by Toronto. I'd love to get to know more entrepreneurs by me, especially ones around my age so give me a shout.

Looks like a decent list.

Your videos on Yt are solid too - maybe check out some SEO ranking tactics to help them get found easier (but not bad so far).

Like @ZCP asked - how many of this did you get going on and how have the results been?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I think it's an average list.

it boils down to

1. Word of mouth, your personal network, etc. This is a last resort strategy and will get you treated like a freelancer. Everyone does this, very few people will pay you agency level prices. Plus they have all the leverage because if they want they can just badmouth you and you lose face in the community.

2. Paid ads. Paid ads are tough for businesses like these in most situations since goddamn it would be the easiest thing in the world to run some FB ads, sit back and watch the clients roll in. I found a lot of success on craigslist actually and I posted in every major city around the country, so I got a decent amount of people that way.

3. Content. Content will build your brand and this is the long term, high profit option that I think you should go with. You should not be making content from the perspective of a web designer though. The only people that will watch you are other web designers! That would only work if you were trying to sell courses on how to make money as a web designer *cough cough @Fox * lol

What you should do is the following

1. Create a business social media account for all major platforms
2. Start meeting with business owners of all types of businesses
3. Film it, record it, make content from it
4. Edit the content and post it in all types of formats to all of the relevant social media platforms
5. Build your brand as the guy who helps other businesses with his dope advice
6. Build a following of people
7. They'll come to you and work with your firm and you'll be able to command huge prices and have a giant stream of businesses without relying on ads to cold clients who don't trust you.
8. Change your name to Gary Vaynerchuck and buy the new york jets. (optional)

For example: you sign up a client that wants a website for their new apparel business. You record the conversation and film it, give them great advice and then post it on youtube as "how to market a new apparel business" and people who are just like that business owner will watch it and get in touch with you. You'll have to offer more services than just web design but I think it's worth it.

edit: the main idea is you need to ask these questions

1. Who do I sell to? Who is my audience?
2. Where do they spend their time online? Where is their attention at?
3. What content will they want to see on those platforms?

And then you make the content for your audience on those platforms and build a following of people who will want to do business with you.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
3. Content. Content will build your brand and this is the long term, high profit option that I think you should go with. You should not be making content from the perspective of a web designer though. The only people that will watch you are other web designers! That would only work if you were trying to sell courses on how to make money as a web designer *cough cough @Fox * lol

100%.

It will be hard to get traction day one with content but 1-2 years in it is what you wish you would have done.

Youtube is very easy to get traction on with some effort and good camera gear/ideas.

IG also the same and there are plenty of other options too.

I only made only video that appealed to business owners and it got a ton of views and a few dozen job offers...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHcP-IuANrY

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.